Brewer Fanatic

2020 NFL Draft Rounds 4-7 Discussion

homer
If we hadn't traded up & went with a more immediate need based approach we could be looking at something like this...

#30: Higgins/Pittman WR (went #33/34)

#62: Gay/Wilson ILB (went #63/65)

#94: Niang/Peart OT (went #96/99) or Keene/Trautman TE (went #101/105)

#136 was about ten picks ago & I admittedly know nothing about any of these guys, who would've been the best fit that was still available?

Either of the WRs or Love still being there.

Rd 2 considering the TE pick and 33% chance we drafted Love Washington drafted Antonio Gibson out of Memphis with the NFL draft profile saying day 1 he'd be a 4 phase player. Return&cover kicks.

Hybrid running back creating matchup problems for linebackers.

LB named Davion Taylor picked 103 sounds like a great boom or bust develop. Basically didnt play in HS, sounds athletically gifted and ST player from day 1. Suggested 2 yr develop would time perfectly with Kirk sey contract, Burks? One or both of the Smiths, Gary kind of fit.

The 4th rd pick we would have had there are a slew of slot/nickle back CBs that were drafted about there. Gandy was there for WR if we got Love 1st rd. And or taking the chance on Jake Fromm could been a nice grab.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So is Belichick a genius for taking a kicker in round 5?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

But Baun's test was known about a week or two ago, and he was still projected in the late 1st. In most re-mocks yesterday, he was one of the first players off the board in the 2nd. Clearly the projections were wrong, but the hope was that he'd go higher.

Yes but just saying that has to be the reason he fell. Mocks and projections had him higher, but these NFL GMs apparently dropped him down a peg.

But Baun's test was known about a week or two ago, and he was still projected in the late 1st. In most re-mocks yesterday, he was one of the first players off the board in the 2nd. Clearly the projections were wrong, but the hope was that he'd go higher.

Yes but just saying that has to be the reason he fell. Mocks and projections had him higher, but these NFL GMs apparently dropped him down a peg.

It could be just that the talking heads had him rated higher than he should have been, too. That happens every year. Draft projections are not gospel.

Really not happy about giving up that 4th round pick.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Yep ... run on receivers going on now.

I'm going to guess Donovan Peoples-Jones or Trey Adams. Adams would be really good value here.

No thanks. (Adams)

Peoples-Jones seems like he might be a fit though.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yep ... run on receivers going on now.

I'm going to guess Donovan Peoples-Jones or Trey Adams. Adams would be really good value here.

No thanks. (Adams)

Peoples-Jones seems like he might be a fit though.

Wow ... so much for my research. No wonder he is tumbling.

What about Jon Runyan from Michigan? Seems like the kind of guy who could start at guard for a decade, or perhaps kick out to tackle in a pinch.

Watch Bears snag People-Jones here

At this point I don't really care if they take a WR or not. Can't expect a 5th rounder to come in and be a difference maker next year.

There's your ILB

At this point I don't really care if they take a WR or not. Can't expect a 5th rounder to come in and be a difference maker next year.

I think the Eagles got a steal in Hightower who could come in and be a difference maker at WR. He is probably more of a gadget player next year until he puts on some more weight but he is someone that I believe people will say why did he get drafted in the 5th round in 2-3 years.

I can't believe with as big of a need as WR was for us (and now still is), we managed to let the first 5 rounds of the most WR talent rich draft in history pass us by without getting one.

IMHO, if ESB and MVS were holdovers from the Thompson regime and not Gute's first draft, we would have drafted replacements for at least one of them.

Hey, they took Runyan! Good pick!

Haha. That's what I said too.

Archived