Brewer Fanatic

2020 NFL Draft Rounds 4-7 Discussion

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Will the Packers take a long snapper? Inquiring minds want to know.

Packers picks today:

Round 5 (175)

Round 6 (192) -- via T. Davis trade

Round 6 (208) -- via R. Gilbert trade

Round 6 (209)

Round 7 (236) -- via J. McCray trade

Round 7 (242)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That sixth round will hopefully bring us some depth to that offensive line.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

San Fran getting Trent Williams to add to their already good offensive line. They gave up this year's 5th round pick and next year's 3rd round pick to get the deal done.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
San Fran getting Trent Williams to add to their already good offensive line. They gave up this year's 5th round pick and next year's 3rd round pick to get the deal done.

Ugh. I get that Williams is a little older and expensive, but it isn't as if the Packers don't currently have a massive hole at right tackle.

Ugh. I get that Williams is a little older and expensive, but it isn't as if the Packers don't currently have a massive hole at right tackle.

Williams nixed the trade to Minnesota so you wonder if it just had to be the right fit for him to be moved. They mentioned he was drafted while Shannahan was in DC.

I really wish we had a 4th rounder here. Seems like a lot of talent here that could help.

There is, but I also feel like I've been saying that when our pick comes up in every round so far only to end up saying, "Who?"

If they wanted to jump into the 4th, they could. They have plenty of picks to trade.

I really wish we had a 4th rounder here. Seems like a lot of talent here that could help.

There is, but I also feel like I've been saying that when our pick comes up in every round so far only to end up saying, "Who?"

Yeah, me too.

If we hadn't traded up & went with a more immediate need based approach we could be looking at something like this...

#30: Higgins/Pittman WR (went #33/34)

#62: Gay/Wilson ILB (went #63/65)

#94: Niang/Peart OT (went #96/99) or Keene/Trautman TE (went #101/105)

#136 was about ten picks ago & I admittedly know nothing about any of these guys, who would've been the best fit that was still available?

I would love to see the Packers draft QB Jake Fromm if he’s somehow still there at 175. That would be hilarious. Don’t really know if I would laugh, cry, or both. But that would put the cherry on top for me. He would actually be a very nice pick at this point if we didn’t draft Love, but unfortunately it is what it is.

WR James Proche would be a nice get if he’s still available.

Tyler Biadasz goes to Dallas at end of round 4

Good to see the Badgers come off the board, but other than Taylor going exactly where he was expected, Baun and Biadasz both slid further than I though/hoped they would.

Baun had a some kind of test that caused him to drop. Biadasz. I seen number of mocks with him as a 2nd rd pick but prospect rankings that he was a late 3 early 4 pick.

Tyler Biadasz goes to Dallas at end of round 4

Good to see the Badgers come off the board, but other than Taylor going exactly where he was expected, Baun and Biadasz both slid further than I though/hoped they would.

Baun had a some kind of test that caused him to drop. Biadasz. I seen number of mocks with him as a 2nd rd pick but prospect rankings that he was a late 3 early 4 pick.

But Baun's test was known about a week or two ago, and he was still projected in the late 1st. In most re-mocks yesterday, he was one of the first players off the board in the 2nd. Clearly the projections were wrong, but the hope was that he'd go higher.

Archived