Brewer Fanatic

2020 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion

homer
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well Desmond Howard likes it....kiss of death.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Might as well just trade Rodgers if we're not going to try to build around him in his last few years. This team as constructed isn't a Super Bowl contender without significant improvements.

I mean, they WERE in the NFC Championship just last year....

Well that is a career defining trade/pick for Gutey....one way or the other.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

We might love this pick in five years. But now - not so much. Especially with the talent on the board.

Oh well. I will say that it's harder and harder for a guy to last a full season in his league. We've gone cheap on backup QBs for a long time. Now we are set for a while.

Which team in front of them was going to take a QB?

Might as well just trade Rodgers if we're not going to try to build around him in his last few years. This team as constructed isn't a Super Bowl contender without significant improvements.

I think I read this quote exactly in 2005.

Well, they did trade Favre. I don't think Rodgers is getting traded anytime soon, but 2 seasons from now, I think it's quite possible.

We might love this pick in five years. But now - not so much. Especially with the talent on the board.

Oh well. I will say that it's harder and harder for a guy to last a full season in his league. We've gone cheap on backup QBs for a long time. Now we are set for a while.

I don't think you draft backup QB's in the first round though, do you?

Well, they did in 2005. Worked out ok.

Well, they did in 2005. Worked out ok.

That team had a pretty solid corps of offensive skill position players to build around, and didn't have a ton of holes to fill, and Favre was already flirting with the will he/won't he retirement. Rodgers says he plans to play 3-4 more years. This team has Adams and... not much. I'm not against Jordan Love. The positioning and timing of it seems off. Considering the other needs. Maybe Gute will knock every other pick out of the park. We'll see.

Archived