Brewer Fanatic

Fans suing MLB, all 30 teams over refusal to refund tickets

BuckyBrewer61
KEEP BUYING MORE OF THOSE CHEAP, COUNTERFEIT JERSEYS FROM CHINA!!!

What does this mean?

If Attanasio will sit on people's money, basically taking the best customer's money out of their pockets during a pandemic....then I will gladly encourage people to not put more money in Attanasio's pocket by buying official over-priced Brewer merchandise. But the cheap Chinese counterfeit stuff instead.

This isn't a MA thing. They are waiting until they have decided on the season before creating chaos with refunds and such. It's going to be a flat out mess.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think the easiest way to deal with it is to wait until an official announcement comes from MLB about what exactly is going to happen with regards to the 2020 season.

Until that announcement comes from MLB...patience, grasshopper.

KEEP BUYING MORE OF THOSE CHEAP, COUNTERFEIT JERSEYS FROM CHINA!!!

What does this mean?

If Attanasio will sit on people's money, basically taking the best customer's money out of their pockets during a pandemic....then I will gladly encourage people to not put more money in Attanasio's pocket by buying official over-priced Brewer merchandise. But the cheap Chinese counterfeit stuff instead.

So you are promoting buying China goods during these times?

um k...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

They don’t want to refund because they know that whatever version of baseball we could possibly have in 2020 or 2021, the tickets will be damn near worthless. If they hand out credits for next season then the market is going to get flooded with resales.

Gotta take money from the fans and furlough the seasonal workers to pay the execs and the millionaire players /s

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

They don’t want to refund because they know that whatever version of baseball we could possibly have in 2020 or 2021, the tickets will be damn near worthless. If they hand out credits for next season then the market is going to get flooded with resales.

Gotta take money from the fans and furlough the seasonal workers to pay the execs and the millionaire players /s

Some people just plain lack accountability. Nobody held a gun to your head, you willingly handed your money over.

If you made the decision to purchase tickets, you accept the responsibility associated with that purchase. I get that value hasn't yet been presented back but that certainly is not the fault of the teams given the uncertainty involved here. As unlikely as it seems, there's no guarantee that the 2020 season won't happen and your purchasing decision was an agreement to exchange your money for this season, circumstances be damned. If you need the money now, you probably shouldn't have made the purchasing decision in the first place because it was probably a reckless decision to begin with. How about starting there? Point thumbs, not fingers.

"Millionaire players?" Instead of being envious, jealous and resentful of their talents, how about we acknowledge that if it wasn't for their talent and your conscious decision to support the "millionaire" players you wouldn't even be on this site or in the position of regretting your ticket purchase to begin with?

Some people just plain lack accountability. Nobody held a gun to your head, you willingly handed your money over.

If you made the decision to purchase tickets, you accept the responsibility associated with that purchase. I get that value hasn't yet been presented back but that certainly is not the fault of the teams given the uncertainty involved here. As unlikely as it seems, there's no guarantee that the 2020 season won't happen and your purchasing decision was an agreement to exchange your money for this season, circumstances be damned. If you need the money now, you probably shouldn't have made the purchasing decision in the first place because it was probably a reckless decision to begin with. How about starting there? Point thumbs, not fingers.

"Millionaire players?" Instead of being envious, jealous and resentful of their talents, how about we acknowledge that if it wasn't for their talent and your conscious decision to support the "millionaire" players you wouldn't even be on this site or in the position of regretting your ticket purchase to begin with?

I had and have a ticket to see an April ballgame at a set time and date. The game, or anything resembling a game,didn't happen. There is no set plan for when the game will be made up.

I should be able to take back said ticket for paid money....should be an obviously fair transaction.

I shouldn't have to wait around for that option, whether MLB has other plans to give extra credit to tickets rolled over to 2021 or not. It should be a given.... the easy right thing to do.

I bet you are a blast at parties...geez.

This is such a strong argument to stop buying tickets

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

If you made the decision to purchase tickets, you accept the responsibility associated with that purchase.

This is outrageous.

I’ll be happy to sell you anything you want. Name the item and price, it’s yours. Because hey...if I don’t supply it to you, or if I just keep your money for a year then offer it back to you, well that’s your responsibility. Nobody made you give me your money. Be accountable.

I am not Shea Vucinich

I haven't seen anything about teams sharing television revenue if they play games in Arizona either. Gate receipts for a team like the Brewers is a much higher percentage of total revenues than with the big market teams. That all has to be pooled and shared equally under such an arrangement doesn't it?

I haven't seen anything about teams sharing television revenue if they play games in Arizona either. Gate receipts for a team like the Brewers is a much higher percentage of total revenues than with the big market teams. That all has to be pooled and shared equally under such an arrangement doesn't it?

I have been wondering the same thing. How can a team like the Brewers survive with no money coming in from tickets, food, parking, etc. This could be the perfect time to finally fix the baseball TV revenue model.

No, not really. Sucks to be the Brewers, but that is life.

No, not really. Sucks to be the Brewers, but that is life.

The Brewers will be fine. There was an agreement months ago that the players would get a lump sum of money then the spigot was turned off until they start playing. The lump sum payments probably ate up a lot of operating cash, but they obviously made those payments and didn't go out of business. As it stands the team isn't going to play before July if they play at all this year; they will save tens of millions of dollars in player payroll, as well as the operating expenses of actually putting on the games (Everything from grass seed, diamond dry, napkins, cups, laundry services, increased water/electricity usage, security, increased waste management, food and beverage inventory as well as seasonal labor and less tangible savings like workers comp. etc.)

Not having the gate receipts no doubt hurts a team like the Brewers moreso than say the Los Angeles Dodgers but in the long run they'll both be fine whether they play this year or not.

I've got about a grand sunk into this season and I'm just not up in arms about it yet. They are waiting for some official direction. I would like the grand back, but I'm a bit taken aback by how many people expected something other than this. At some point they will admit none of these games are happening and then entice people to roll them over as 2021 credits.

The Brewers are not in a large enough market to piss this many people off and survive it. People will be enraged over this and they will remember it. They will do the right thing when they're certain about what's going on.

But I can't believe anyone really expected refunds to be issued for April before they've even announced a plan, cancellations, etc.

I've got about a grand sunk into this season and I'm just not up in arms about it yet.

But I can't believe anyone really expected refunds to be issued for April before they've even announced a plan, cancellations, etc.

agreed.

I have more than that into tickets but until there is an official announcement, no one can or should expect any refunds.

I'm good with that, but when that day comes, they darn well better have an acceptable plan in place for those that want all their cash back.

The Brewers have been more generous than their peers in the past, when it comes to incentives and how they treat fans. I'm fully expecting some nice incentives offered simply because it will be crippling if most just want the money back. My guess is that they make it very hard to say no. Some people still will and I think they will do the right thing. I can't see myself NOT rolling my $$ over, but I just can't see them refusing to do so as a real outcome. That will generate so much bad press and sour community relations, it is just incredibly short-sighted. I can't see them being that stupid.

I have about $2400 in tickets locked up for all of my different plans (not just Brewers). I am thankful that I'm not in a spot where I need that money to live week-to-week during this period. I'm fully confident that the organization will do right by the fans when the announcements are official.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

I have about $2400 in tickets locked up for all of my different plans (not just Brewers). I am thankful that I'm not in a spot where I need that money to live week-to-week during this period. I'm fully confident that the organization will do right by the fans when the announcements are official.

These April games are not going to be replayed... not sure why the team doesn't just come out and give a full refund now if that is what a fan chooses to have happen. If the fan wants to wait for more options, fine. But, come on.... it's the only right decision.

These April games are not going to be replayed... not sure why the team doesn't just come out and give a full refund now if that is what a fan chooses to have happen. If the fan wants to wait for more options, fine. But, come on.... it's the only right decision.

No decision has been made, even though I agree. Anyone know what the staffing situation is for the Brewers? Who is and is not still working? I'm genuinely curious.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

Archived