Brewer Fanatic

Pro Wrestling Thread

LouisEly

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/01/28/brodie-lees-wife-opens-up-about-his-final-days/amp/

Brodie's wife recaps the events that led to his death for those interested. My two takeaways from it are how incredible AEW was to the family doing everything they could to get him help and help out the family. And also how incredible that he was essentially dying for two months and the whole company and all the wrestlers knew but not a word got out. That's amazing, not just in the wrestling business, but in the world today for something like that to be kept quiet.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend is still the best event of the year in wrestling. It has definitely lost some luster the last few years with the lack of surprise entrants. Obviously a significant number of NXT and alumi will be in the Womans match, but the mens side really hasn't been doing that this in recent years (although Edge coming back last year was an all time moment).

I will predict Bliss on the womans side (not shocked if its Belair though)

On the mens side i'm going with the fiend/ wyatt as a surprise entrant / winner.

just really hopes Goldberg doesn't win, he wins every time he comes back for the one off PPV title matches though

The Rumble would be so much better if the winner got a title shot at the next PPV and not at WM. Because it's WM, it means that it can realistically only be 5 or 6 guys. This year may be the exception, with no/limited fan attendance they may be able to get away with a surprise winner.

There's an old marketing saying - "predictability is the enemy of engagement". The Rumble gets a lot of engagement because the entrants and order aren't predictable, but it would be better if the winner wasn't predictable. I think every year for the last several years it's always been whoever was the odds-on favorite in Vegas the morning of the event. The winner eventually leaks out somehow.

I think they have done a better job lately not making it as predictable. Big E has been talked about for a while ever since New Day broke up but could see a bunch of people winning. With Wrestlemania delayed wouldn't be surprised if the winner of the Rumble doesn't end up facing the champion.

overall the PPV was pretty good. Belair was the odds on favorite and won, which I'm ok with. Edge was the 2nd highest favorite, not sure what there is to gain from him winning minus adding to his legacy. I wish WWE would use the RR as a springboard to younger wrestles to push and not give it to a guy who already retired a decade ago due to neck issues.

and if they wanted to give it to an older guy Bryan would have made more sense.

• 1 month later...
I thought all the hype about Shaq wrestling in AEW was pointless and an unnecessary publicity grab for a C-list celebrity. But man I've got to give the guy credit, he took a sick bump through a table and looks just as good in the ring as any of the random giant, roided up guys WWE tries to put out there.

• 2 weeks later...
i did watch AEW during the stay at home time because there was nothing else on TV. Overall I did enjoy it but as things have opened up I found I don't have the time to watch it. That being said, I may have to go and find this match and watch it. Britt Baker was a good heel during the time I did watch.

• 2 months later...

Have you been watching the dark side of wrestling on vice. Very good as well, but definitely not as family friendly.

These a&e ones are great and brings back great memories of the hay day of wrestling in my youth. That’s when they tried to outdo themselves each Monday.

• 1 month later...
I am watching some old RAW episodes from the 90s on Peacock and some of the gimmicks seek unfathomably bad in hindsight now. "Duke the Dumpster Droese?" "Isaac Yankem DDS?" How were those actual things?

I am watching some old RAW episodes from the 90s on Peacock and some of the gimmicks seek unfathomably bad in hindsight now. "Duke the Dumpster Droese?" "Isaac Yankem DDS?" How were those actual things?

Am I remembering correctly that the wrestler who was Isaac Yankem is Cain?

Yes. Far better gimmick there at least.

Kane, actually.

Cain killed his brother.

Kane just trapped his in a funeral parlor and set it on fire to try to burn him alive. But failed.

• 1 month later...

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.