Pro Wrestling Thread

LouisEly

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Community Moderator
More TV show related but the whole or most of the "Dark Side of the Ring" documentary series is on Youtube. I've watched the first two episodes and it's pretty good.

Great series. Could totally see the episde about the UWF being a made into a movie with Jonah Hill playing Herb Abrams.

FS1 showing Wrestlemania 3 tonight. Lots of old, out of shape wrestlers, but still entertaining. Hacksaw Jim Duggan and his 2x4.

Amazing how much debris was thrown at the wrestlers as they were coming down to the ring. But, that's Detroit.

Edited by LouisEly

looks like becky lynch will be hanging it up due to pregnancy. Her segment was as genuine of a moment as you can have in WWE. Loved Asuka's reaction since she didn't know what was up when she went out there. probably will make a return for a wrestlemania or summer slam in a few years, but likely won't see her for a while. she was always my favorite of the "woman's revolution"

Have been watching AEW more often of late with all sports taking a break. I have to admit it is better than Raw or Smackdown consistently, but still think NXT is the top show in the industry. the main event last week between Y2k and some other guy and hardy/omega, was as good of a match you will see on cable TV.

looks like becky lynch will be hanging it up due to pregnancy. Her segment was as genuine of a moment as you can have in WWE. Loved Asuka's reaction since she didn't know what was up when she went out there. probably will make a return for a wrestlemania or summer slam in a few years, but likely won't see her for a while. she was always my favorite of the "woman's revolution"

Have been watching AEW more often of late with all sports taking a break. I have to admit it is better than Raw or Smackdown consistently, but still think NXT is the top show in the industry. the main event last week between Y2k and some other guy and hardy/omega, was as good of a match you will see on cable TV.

Honestly, I have come to quite enjoy AEW! I can always count on Chris Jericho for a good laugh!! Two words, Pineapple Pete!! :laughing :laughing :laughing

FS1 showing Wrestlemania 3 tonight. Lots of old, out of shape wrestlers, but still entertaining. Hacksaw Jim Duggan and his 2x4.

Amazing how much debris was thrown at the wrestlers as they were coming down to the ring. But, that's Detroit.

I wish I could have seen that. Bob Uecker was on that one, as well as the famous match of Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ricky “The Dragon “ Steamboat.

Honestly, I have come to quite enjoy AEW! I can always count on Chris Jericho for a good laugh!! Two words, Pineapple Pete!! :laughing :laughing :laughing

I gave up on WWE about five or six years ago mostly due to not having time to watch it. I'd still read about what was going on and try to keep up with it but it turned into a horrible kid's circus show and I totally lost interest in it. I've seen every episode of AEW since it started last year and it's light years better. I will totally acknowledge it has flaws. Some of their promos and video packages are so eyeroll and cringe worthy and most matches evolve into a bunch of jumpy, flippy, divey moves but it's actually wrestling matches and wrestling storylines.

I wish I could have seen that. Bob Uecker was on that one, as well as the famous match of Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ricky “The Dragon “ Steamboat.

Do you have cable or satellite TV with FS1? Might be free on on-demand since it was just on over-the-air.

AEW is doing empty arena shows a million times better than WWE/NXT. Having the extra wrestlers sitting in the stands making noise makes a world of difference.

Thoughts on the cinematic matches that WWE has produced? I thought The Boneyard Match at WrestleMania was amazing. Money in the Bank was also good. On the other hand, I thought the Edge/Orton street fight and Ciampa/Gargano matches were too long and boring.

Do you have cable or satellite TV with FS1? Might be free on on-demand since it was just on over-the-air.

Sadly, I don't even get FS1 with our cable package.

• 1 month later...
One of the Royal Rumbles, I believe 2008, is on FS1 right now.

One of the matches is MVP vs. Rick Flair. I don't remember MVP being that big of a deal.

He was decent for a bit...one of the great things about COVID19 is they are being forced to play reruns of REAL WWF/WWE. Bringing back memories I thought were long vacated from my mind!

Forgot all about Meeeeeeesta KENNEDY too. He was fun.

One of the Royal Rumbles, I believe 2008, is on FS1 right now.

One of the matches is MVP vs. Rick Flair. I don't remember MVP being that big of a deal.

I believe that match was during the leadup to Flair's retirement where he had to keep winning matches or be forced to retire so he was pretty much running the mid-card gauntlet.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

AEW Dynamite One Year Anniversary Show:

- Britt Baker was cringeworthy before her injury. Since then her stuff with Tony Schiavone and Rebel/Reba has been great.

- Only Chris Jericho could put over a steak dinner like it's the main event of Wrestlemania.

- Cody vs Orange Cassidy was an amazing match. I had it on in the background while I was doing some work and after a few minutes I stopped working and was glued to it. About halfway into it the ending was rather predictable but there were still moments where you believed the outcome could be different.

- I can't buy Lance Archer as any sort of monster - not with his blue eyes and kind face. Jake Roberts is great on the mic but does nothing for him. I like Jon Moxley but he's done absolutely nothing since he won the title like 9 months ago. He's their World Champion and he has one week feuds that go no where. They do a couple weeks of build up for his match with Archer and it lasts like 8 minutes with nothing other than a table spot happening. The feud with Eddie Kingston looks like it could be good though.

• 1 month later...

I wish I would have watched AEW live last night, but watched NXT instead.

Its cool to have him back as a regular character, but at 61 you can't expect much. It will be interesting to see who he aligns with. I am assuming its simply in a managerial role since he already stared down Arn Anderson.

• 4 weeks later...

Very sad to learn of Brodie Lee / Luke Harpers passing over the weekend. Came out today that he has been pretty sick since October. I always thought he was very underrated / under utilized in WWE

https://www.sescoops.com/2020/12/more-details-on-brodie-lees-passing/?fbclid=IwAR3pGAjBdpKef1E3gCoSSbFXf2ki3kVjf-dIMKwdYFl4qPM_i1Zgxb-QbTA

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.