Brewer Fanatic

19 games to the break--what do you expect?

obobo55
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I'd like to see a 5-4 homestand followed by a 6-4 roadtrip. Take 2 from SF, 1 from the Royals, and 2 from the 'Stros.

Well 7 games into the homestand and they have outperformed my expectations already. Took an extra game from both SF & KC and I like the odds of getting 1 of the last 2 against the Astros. 7-2 would be very nice and 6-3 though disappointing at this point would be very good too.

Sure hope they can pull of my predictions on the road trip. That Cubs series looms large with their pitching staff putting together a nice string. It appears the pitching matchups will be Bush/Hill, Gallardo/Marshall, and Sheets/Marquis. So we miss Lilly and Zambrano, but face two very tough lefties...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I'd still take 11-8 (5-7 rest of the way), but I am starting to get greedy. 50 wins at the break sounds really nice, 51??? 52???

I said 13-6 the 19 games before the break, currently sitting at 6-1. 7-5 definitely more than reasonable with the remaining schedule, and in fact I think I'd probably be slightly disappointed with that. I'll say 8-4 the next 12.

Sweep Houston

Lose 2 of 3 to the Cubs

3-1 vs. Pitt

2-1 vs. Washington

52-36 at the break.

On another message board, I said 52-36, with a double digit lead at the break just before the last game against the Giants. Which ment a 12-5 record over those 17 games. I've seen nothing yet to deter me from my prediction.

I thought a sweep against the Royals and Nats was doable, then just have to go 5-5 against the three division foes. The way Houston looked last night, they might sweep the Astros instead.

So now they just have to go 8-4 to the break. Still very doable. They have got to win the series over the weekend against the Cubs. If for no other reason than to squash their hope of catching the Crew and to shut up their fans for awhile.

I predict that the Brewers sweep the Cubs at Wrigley this weekend. Following the game, the team will bring the "sweep suits" out of their 6-year hibernation.

Corey Hart will wear the bright red, pin-stripe suit, black shirt and rose-colored glasses. Prince Fielder will sport the shiny silver zoot suit right out of the Roaring '20s. Ben Sheets will wear the colorful plaid outfit that could have been made from the curtains of a seedy motel.

J.J. Hardy will wear the electric aqua-color outfit that came without batteries included. Rickie Weeks will opt for the canary yellow suit with matching shirt. And, last but not least, Ryan Braun will don the leopard-print model that would have stood out even in the San Diego Zoo.

The Brewers will then go on to Pittsburgh and be swept soundly by the lowly Pirates in a four-game series, which will lead to a second-half tailspin. The Brewers go 26-55 in the second half to finish the year to finish 75-87, good for 3rd place behind the Cubs and Cardinals.

The "sweep suits" will then hit the moth balls again until June 2013.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
I'd like to see a 5-4 homestand followed by a 6-4 roadtrip. Take 2 from SF, 1 from the Royals, and 2 from the 'Stros.

Well with 2 games left, they have reached my expectation level with 11 wins. They took an extra game from each team they faced at home and lost 1 more than I hoped for on the 2 road series. Even if they lose these last 2 games, I can't be all that disappointed.

Unfortunately the Cubs have decided to get really hot, so it would be nice to wrap up this stretch with at least 1 more win and get to 50.

Over the break, I think I will post another expectation thread on the 18 games in 17 day stretch they face to approach the trade deadline...

50-38 sounds really good to me http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I expect 9-10, with a winning homestand but a hard time on the road. I think they will have a 1-2 game lead on the Cubs at the break.

That was my prediction, glad it didn't come to fruition but to those that said that they don't see the Cubs catching up, I hope you are all right. By the way 11-8 was the correct answer.

Archived