Brewer Fanatic

Braves trade for Mark Teixeira

brewers255

Teix hasn't been as much of a stud away from that park

Actually, last year his OPS was 200 points higher on the road and this year he has a .906 road OPS.

Apparenly Harrison is included in the deal as is a 19 year old that throws 98 mph that is still in rookie ball.

There is still over a .100 point gap in OPS between his home and away splits for his career. If he plays closer to his .850 career OPS outside that stadium I think the Braves will regret this. Even if he is closer to the .900 of this year thats quite a haul for a CI.

I think it works for both teams. Teixeira is the clear-cut best player involved, and isn't going anywhere until after 2008. However, the Rangers are going to suck through 2008 anyway, so they needed to trade him at some point. I'll need to know more about the pitching prospects to say if they got enough, though.

I'll agree with Joe Hova. The first thing I thought of when I heard this trade was going through is that the Brewers' chances of making the playoffs just got a lot worse.

The wildcard spot is now going to be harder to get than the division. We're essentially tied with the Cubs right now, so our playoff berth has come down to the Brewers playing better than the Cubs for the rest of the season...sounds easy, right.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Braves on the verge of getting Dotel as well.

Quote:
The Braves could be on the verge of not only acquiring the best hitter on the trade market, but one of the best relievers as well.

In addition to reaching a preliminary agreement for Rangers first baseman Mark Teixeira, the Braves are close to a deal for Royals closer Octavio Dotel, according to major-league sources.

Here are the details, according to ESPN

The Braves sent Saltalamacchia, slick-fielding shortstop Elvis Andrus and three more minor league pitchers -- right-hander Neftali Feliz, left-hander Matt Harrison and left-hander Beau Jones -- to Texas for Teixeira and left-handed reliever Ron Mahay.

Archived