Brewer Fanatic

Tickets to 2020 Games

rickh150
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I guess I don't see waiting a couple weeks for more info before rolling out a solidified plan as reason to riot but I am apparently in the minority. I feel with about 99% certainty that the policy they've announced isn't the final one and that people who want their money back will be able to get it.

They've had 6 weeks to come up with a plan.

Their plan is, "We're not going to do anything, but we'll offer you 10% extra for a product you may never be able to utilize."

That simply is not acceptable.

How in the world would you suggest they formulate a plan in a situation that is constantly fluid?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the plan. They had no autonomy to offer refunds until yesterday. I think they were holding out hope that by 5/1 MLB would have a date for a game, ST, something. Instead they got MLB throwing the hot potato back to them. The announcement yesterday was out of necessity because the rest of the country knew they COULD offer refunds.

They are stuck in the unenviable spot of knowing they need to refund money at some point, but they don't want to do that only for a plan to come out on May 15th. The reality of human behavior is that if they offer the refunds now vs. after a schedule announcement, they'll lose more money. If some people have the option to roll credit for announced games, they'll do it.

My first posts in this thread were that they would come up with ways to incentivize them keeping your money. Once those are exhausted, refunds will be offered to those who want them. I think that is still the case. I don't think they formulated their 10% offer yesterday afternoon. That was always phase 1 of the crisis response and probably was formulated a month ago.

This entire thing was formulated weeks ago. It already doesn't make sense because there is no possible way to only credit towards 2020. The available seats, not to mention seat value (as people with field level would be forced to get worse less valuable tickets) wouldn't even be feasible in a condensed home schedule. Of course other teams have already realized this and offered 2021 as a credit option. Some teams have even realized there is no point to hold money for May games and are refunding them automatically too.

Of course it will change...it doesn't make sense and it is terrible.

You can get refunds now. Breathe.

[sarcasm]You insensitive jerk![/sarcasm]

People keep forgetting that this hasn’t happened before. They’re trying to figure this out just like everyone is.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I guess I don't see waiting a couple weeks for more info before rolling out a solidified plan as reason to riot but I am apparently in the minority. I feel with about 99% certainty that the policy they've announced isn't the final one and that people who want their money back will be able to get it.

They've had 6 weeks to come up with a plan.

Their plan is, "We're not going to do anything, but we'll offer you 10% extra for a product you may never be able to utilize."

That simply is not acceptable.

How in the world would you suggest they formulate a plan in a situation that is constantly fluid?

They already know they won't be playing 162 games. They already know that the April games aren't being played.

Their initial solution to those two facts was "We'll give you a credit. No refunds."

It took less than 24 hours for them to change that.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

That isn't true. You could get the refunds yesterday by asking. They never told anyone "no refunds" to my knowledge. Stop pushing this evil team agenda. People were overreacting to a fluid situation.

They never told.....TOLD anyone "no refunds"? The refund option was not written anywhere in the official team ticket return policy for March/April games on Wednesday. You are literally saying that you or someone you knew got a refund on Wednesday by asking, correct? If that's true, the team is still missing the point in all this.

The team made a poor, calculated PR move, in my opinion... they corrected it. The team was so far out in left field on this one.

I hand it to you, though.... loyal fan to the end.

That isn't true. You could get the refunds yesterday by asking. They never told anyone "no refunds" to my knowledge. Stop pushing this evil team agenda. People were overreacting to a fluid situation.

They never told.....TOLD anyone "no refunds"? The refund option was not written anywhere in the official team ticket return policy for March/April games on Wednesday. You are literally saying that you or someone you knew got a refund on Wednesday by asking, correct? If that's true, the team is still missing the point in all this.

The team made a poor, calculated PR move, in my opinion... they corrected it. The team was so far out in left field on this one.

Anyone who contacted the team themselves Wednesday was told to fill out the form. At no point did they deny refunds. So it is not accurate to say they said "no refunds." The existence of the refund form on Wednesday makes it pretty obvious their first memo was never intended to be the last word.

You can get a refund and it is advertised within 24 hours of the team having the power to do so. What are you still whining about?

And this has nothing to do with me being a loyal fan. It's about a bunch of adults flipping out way prematurely as if this is a very predictable and normal situation for a company to be in. But I do wish they somehow could penalize everyone leaving dumb comments on their facebook. They're not as petty as I would be.

Anyone who contacted the team themselves Wednesday was told to fill out the form. At no point did they deny refunds. So it is not accurate to say they said "no refunds." The existence of the refund form on Wednesday makes it pretty obvious their first memo was never intended to be the last word.

You can get a refund and it is advertised within 24 hours of the team having the power to do so. What are you still whining about?

And this has nothing to do with me being a loyal fan. It's about a bunch of adults flipping out way prematurely as if this is a very predictable and normal situation for a company to be in. But I do wish they somehow could penalize everyone leaving dumb comments on their facebook. They're not as petty as I would be.

So.... you or a friend had this happen? How do you know that the team was taking refunds?

Also, if this is true, a form request is a lot different than policy. It's the PR department's way of getting an angry called off the phone. It can be unread for a month or rejected upon completion.

And I wouldn't be writing anymore if it wasn't for your left field comments. Most see how the team was trying to keep fans' money for games not played or rescheduled. Without the "whining", as you say, the team would obviously still have it.

Finally, I find it interesting for a guy with his hand in the secondary market to complain about Brewers fans in this situation and not the team. The team is not above reproach, believe it or not. Aren't you all for individuals having rights over their own game tickets? Or do you consider these April games team money and simply nonrefundable?

I never contacted the team about a refund because I have no interest in one. I have multiple friends who did contact their rep for a refund on Wednesday and were granted one.

I don't know what the secondary market has to do with this at all. It has nothing to do with it, but you are obsessed with stalking me on that topic. I don't "have my hands" in it. I sell tickets I can't use. Try to stick to the topic at hand and avoid your random stubhub tangents.

"Aren't you all for individuals having rights over their own game tickets? Or do you consider these April games team money and simply nonrefundable?"

You got your money back. I told you on page 1 that you would. It was obvious to anyone with an ounce of patience that would happen. What exactly are you still on that for? You don't have a point. You were literally never told you couldn't get a refund.

I do find this particularly delicious as it relates to you, specifically, though. Mr. Loyalty Arbiter #1, lauding the Cubs and pitchforking for his money back on April 30. You've lost your little "loyalty" high horse, permanently. Please don't tell anybody to "be a true fan" ever again.

Community Moderator

So.... you or a friend had this happen? How do you know that the team was taking refunds?

Also, if this is true, a form request is a lot different than policy. It's the PR department's way of getting an angry called off the phone. It can be unread for a month or rejected upon completion.

And I wouldn't be writing anymore if it wasn't for your left field comments. Most see how the team was trying to keep fans' money for games not played or rescheduled. Without the "whining", as you say, the team would obviously still have it.

Finally, I find it interesting for a guy with his hand in the secondary market to complain about Brewers fans in this situation and not the team. The team is not above reproach, believe it or not. Aren't you all for individuals having rights over their own game tickets? Or do you consider these April games team money and simply nonrefundable?

Over here, after policy was announced all we did was ask for one while checking our options. If someone is calling up angry to the ticket department, that person should probably settle down and evaluate their own actions. Not the way to handle customer service who are just doing their jobs with the information they are given. If you're upset with policy then play your game to those that can actually affect it.

I have no problem at all with the way the Brewers are handling this. Of course they want to keep the tickets sales and offer credit. You make it sound like they want the money and not provide the entertainment. How many people who are upset even checked with the ticket department prior to taking up arms? I'm guessing not many at all because they would already have processed their refund and kept on living their lives.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

Over here, after policy was announced all we did was ask for one while checking our options. If someone is calling up angry to the ticket department, that person should probably settle down and evaluate their own actions. Not the way to handle customer service who are just doing their jobs with the information they are given. If you're upset with policy then play your game to those that can actually affect it.

I have no problem at all with the way the Brewers are handling this. Of course they want to keep the tickets sales and offer credit. You make it sound like they want the money and not provide the entertainment. How many people who are upset even checked with the ticket department prior to taking up arms? I'm guessing not many at all because they would already have processed their refund and kept on living their lives.

Ding ding! The answer is zero! Because like all things on social media, your problem is solved 95% of the time with a phone call or email directly to the organization. This isn't any different than the person whose first course of action is an angry Facebook review about an overcooked burger, rather than just asking the manager for another one on site.

It took them less than a day to publicly advertise refunds. Less than one day!

Ding ding! The answer is zero! Because like all things on social media, your problem is solved 95% of the time with a phone call or email directly to the organization. This isn't any different than the person whose first course of action is an angry Facebook review about an overcooked burger, rather than just asking the manager for another one on site.

It took them less than a day to publicly advertise refunds. Less than one day!

Less than one day because it was so wrong and so easy to see the folly of their mistake...

A week or so ago, I was TOLD that refunds for school groups were going through in April, that's it. Individual games and other games were not. My group ticket guy said that many others hand contacted him and were upset over this.

What it seems like to me is that people such as yourself look silly for blowing a gasket and now that the very predictable refunds are offered you're doubling down on the team's evilness instead of just conceding that you probably overreacted to a very normal policy of refunds available upon request, and the minimal amount of problem-solving on your end would have prevented the entire thing in the first place.

A week ago the Brewers had no autonomy to issue refunds per MLB. They didn't realize any folly and they were always going to issue refunds.

I never contacted the team about a refund because I have no interest in one. I have multiple friends who did contact their rep for a refund on Wednesday and were granted one.

I don't know what the secondary market has to do with this at all. It has nothing to do with it, but you are obsessed with stalking me on that topic. I don't "have my hands" in it. I sell tickets I can't use. Try to stick to the topic at hand and avoid your random stubhub tangents.

"Aren't you all for individuals having rights over their own game tickets? Or do you consider these April games team money and simply nonrefundable?"

You got your money back. I told you on page 1 that you would. It was obvious to anyone with an ounce of patience that would happen. What exactly are you still on that for? You don't have a point. You were literally never told you couldn't get a refund.

I do find this particularly delicious as it relates to you, specifically, though. Mr. Loyalty Arbiter #1, lauding the Cubs and pitchforking for his money back on April 30. You've lost your little "loyalty" high horse, permanently. Please don't tell anybody to "be a true fan" ever again.

First, I never had individual April tickets. My school has April group tickets, but we had an option to get a refund a week or so already. Now we can get a 10% credit on top of it if we choose to keep the tickets.

Second, your friends were given a refund? Wasn't it just a refund form before? Just curious because I find it interesting to have a team policy that says noting about refunds. Then after a few of your friends complain, or whine, then they get a refund? That doesn't seem very straight forward and fan friendly, does it?

Last, the Cubs got this one right. I can't believe this is debatable. The Brewers did not initially. They had to back track quickly to get it right. Your whole point of how the Brewers got this so right is so way off base, particularly because they CHANGED their policy the next day. That's all I'm trying to get through to you, my Brewers friend. You are saying that all was fine on Wednesday. It really wasn't.

Apologies for the poor tone to my questions and responses... I'm trying to do better with this.

They didn't "whine," they just contacted their SSH rep, said they would really prefer a cash refund, and were immediately given one. I don't have an issue at all with people getting refunds. I just see it as pointless in my situation when I know I will renew anyway and the 10% credit is of more value to me.

I've not heard of anyone being denied a refund at any point after MLB allowed them. Someone who blasted the team on social media or called up angry rather than just asking for what they wanted politely, should probably re-evaluate themselves.

I only find myself defending the club because they have historically treated their fans far better than most and they deserve a bit of goodwill in my opinion. My rep has never been anything other than accommodating to me. I am happy to make their lives just one small bit easier, although I acknowledge I am in a position to do right now. If people need their money, fine. Just ask before you hang them in the town square.

It you are overreacting about people overreacting more than they are overreacting.

OK. Visit any of their social media pages to realize how incorrect you are.

Is it overreacting if those are the standard reactions to anything on those sites (Twitter/Facebook)?

Most people who buy tickets don't have a personal rep to call like season/group ticket holders do. The Brewers website still says:

"Single Game Tickets: Any regular price or discounted single-game ticket buyers will receive credit for game tickets and parking passes to purchase any 2020 or 2021 season Brewers home game. Fans who purchased tickets at Miller Park using cash can bring their tickets to the Miller Park Box Office for exchange options when the ticket office reopens for business."

No mention of a refund, just the ability to get credit towards 2020 or 2021 games.

I have tickets for July to six other parks. I'm still hopeful that I'll get to go to the games, but just in case, I checked the teams' policies. The Nationals still haven't announced anything, so they're dropping the ball, but Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto, Boston, and Cincinnati have all stated that they would offer refunds or credit right on their website.

Fans shouldn't have to call the ticket office to complain in order to get a refund, it should be stated directly on their site. The Brewers still need to change their site to offer the refund, and I can see why people are upset when all they are offered on the site are credits.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Most people who buy tickets don't have a personal rep to call like season/group ticket holders do. The Brewers website still says:

"Single Game Tickets: Any regular price or discounted single-game ticket buyers will receive credit for game tickets and parking passes to purchase any 2020 or 2021 season Brewers home game. Fans who purchased tickets at Miller Park using cash can bring their tickets to the Miller Park Box Office for exchange options when the ticket office reopens for business."

No mention of a refund, just the ability to get credit towards 2020 or 2021 games.

I have tickets for July to six other parks. I'm still hopeful that I'll get to go to the games, but just in case, I checked the teams' policies. The Nationals still haven't announced anything, so they're dropping the ball, but Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto, Boston, and Cincinnati have all stated that they would offer refunds or credit right on their website.

Fans shouldn't have to call the ticket office to complain in order to get a refund, it should be stated directly on their site. The Brewers still need to change their site to offer the refund, and I can see why people are upset when all they are offered on the site are credits.

As of right now, you have to play a game and jump through some hoops, it seems. There seems to be deception going on here. Whether it's asking specifically for a refund for an April game that was not or is not written in policy, asking for a refund for a school group in April (other general groups no refund a few weeks ago, my rep. told me), looking at the website for easy ticket refund information, or getting refunds on May games that we all know will not be played, it's a circus. I am surprised that this is the way of things for our extremely fan-friendly Milwaukee Brewers.

I also can't seem to find the May 1 ticket policy update on the website which allowed a refund....all I can seem to find is the April 30 ticket policy (no refund). Dare I say that they changed back the written policy (or at least what is shown to fans on the website) to April 30 (no refund)? I mean, even on the front page of the website, the Brewers have a current link that states "Latest info on tickets for March/April games"..... you click on it and the April 29 MLB article from McCalvy comes up with general MLB refund policy info. Within the article is a link to the April 30 Wacky Wednesday policy with no refund shown for April games. There is no May 1 ticket refund update to the madness (which I did see on Thursday morning) which did state that fans could get a refund for April tickets! If anyone has the May 1 info yet, please share. It's not in an obvious and easy to find location right now.

https://www.mlb.com/brewers/news/brewers-march-april-ticket-refund-information

There was an easier way, a cleaner way, and a more common sense way to do this whole refund thing upfront with the fan. They are clutching the fan's rightful buck very tightly (yet and still) it seems. I really don't want this to be so it's frustrating.

My group ticket rep. today said that he is still sorting through emails from Wednesday and apologized for the late reply to an email sent. My school group ticket refund from my April is still being processed because of the backload of emails he's replying to still from Wednesday. This is a very real thing to ticket reps right now. The ticket refund policy, whatever it really is... who knows.... is like Bob Dylan's song right now... Blowin' in the Wind.

Has anyone called to get a refund on any type of ticket (Season, single-game, etc...) and not been given their money back?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Has anyone called to get a refund on any type of ticket (Season, single-game, etc...) and not been given their money back?

I was told a few weeks ago that school groups could get a refund in April, but not other groups. IF this was the policy or if the group ticket guy was going off script, I don't know.

The bigger point is this....Why can't they just put it in writing and be straight forward? Is that too much to ask? You're fine with everything their doing?

Has anyone tried to get a refund for a May game yet? I'm curious how these games will be handled.

Archived