Brewer Fanatic

2020 Miscellaneous NFL News

homer
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't know whether to post it here of start a new thread but Willie Davis died today. Very sad. The Lombardi era Packers are passing away at a relatively steady pace nowadays. I can't even think of who's left. Adderley and Hornung and who else?

Maybe this belongs in the bugging you thread but it is NFL related, the Packers are still insisting that we pay for our season tickets, they extended the deadline to June 1. It seems pretty unlikely to me that we will be able to attend games, at this point the right thing to do is say pay when we can confirm there will be attend-able games. Now they will collect our money, bank it, and then give us the choice of getting it back when the games are cancelled or apply it to next season. Either way they get to hold our cash for a while. This isn't looking out for your fans, some of whom may be short on money. Guess I will wait until the deadline and hope something changes. Reminds me of Murphy talking about $20 ticket increases, "would you rather we increase it $10 this year and then $10 next year?". Like they are doing US a favor by taking the full 20 earlier.

New England - Hmmmm... Let's use a retired player to trade up from the 7th round to the 4th round.

How do we get in on that action? :laughing

Part of me honestly thought Gronk is only doing this because he can get in the spotlight and maybe never actually play again if games are canceled. Even if there is a season there’s likely to be no OTAs, full camps, etc.

I'm a bit surprised that Brady/Bucs didn't try to pry Edelman from the Pats as well.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I wonder if Belichick wanted Brady gone. I mean he's going to be 42 and looked like he couldn't throw the ball 25 yards last season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Tom Brady apparently walked into a home belonging to Byron Leftwich’s neighbor after mistaking it for Leftwich’s home.

Literally let himself in and asked ‘how’s it going, man?’ to the neighbor whom he must have assumed was a friend of Leftwich. Neat story if you excuse the poor social distancing.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom-brady-accidentally-walked-wrong-171145918.html

Tom Brady apparently walked into a home belonging to Byron Leftwich’s neighbor after mistaking it for Leftwich’s home.

Literally let himself in and asked ‘how’s it going, man?’ to the neighbor whom he must have assumed was a friend of Leftwich. Neat story if you excuse the poor social distancing.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom-brady-accidentally-walked-wrong-171145918.html

Yea, arent they supposed to have no team contact. Just another instance of Brady breaking a small rule. ;)

There's a video circulating around of the Bills 6th round draft pick, a kicker from Georgia Southern, making a 50-yard field goal with no approach, just standing still and swinging his leg. He also makes a 60-yard kick taking one step (as opposed to the typical two steps for a field goal). That's pretty impressive.

I think the Bills quietly had a good draft. I think the got really good value in Epenesa late in the 2nd, Moss was talked about as being one of the five best RBs in the draft, and Isaiah Hodgins and Dane Jackson were good value picks in the 6th and 7th. I'm not big on Fromm, I think the 5th is about where he should have been picked, but their other picks I think were good values for where they got them.

The Chiefs got a pretty easy schedule for a super bowl winning team. I can't remember a super bowl winning team getting this easy of a schedule since the early 90's Cowboys, maybe the Patriots have had an easier schedule?

Other than the Ravens, Saints and the Bucanneers games I don't see much of a challenge for the Chiefs. The AFC West is horrible and they should sweep all of the games.

Record wise at worst the Chiefs should finish 12-4 but they will probably go 14-2 with this schedule.

The Chiefs got a pretty easy schedule for a super bowl winning team. I can't remember a super bowl winning team getting this easy of a schedule since the early 90's Cowboys, maybe the Patriots have had an easier schedule?

Other than the Ravens, Saints and the Bucanneers games I don't see much of a challenge for the Chiefs. The AFC West is horrible and they should sweep all of the games.

Record wise at worst the Chiefs should finish 12-4 but they will probably go 14-2 with this schedule.

88% of the schedule is pre-determined years in advance. Only two games are determined by previous year's results. Not directed at you specifically and maybe you weren't alluding that winning a super bowl should result in a more difficult schedule, but it's my rant that I must have heard this 50 times this week that "the NFL always gives XYZ an easy or difficult schedule." The opponents have been decided for I believe, 8 years on a rotation, minus 2 games. It's just the way the chips fell. The AFC North away and the AFC South at home. The Ravens obviously hurt their SOS, but the Texans were not all that much to write home about record-wise as the adjoining 1st place finisher.

88% of the schedule is pre-determined years in advance. Only two games are determined by previous year's results. Not directed at you specifically and maybe you weren't alluding that winning a super bowl should result in a more difficult schedule, but it's my rant that I must have heard this 50 times this week that "the NFL always gives XYZ an easy or difficult schedule." The opponents have been decided for I believe, 8 years on a rotation, minus 2 games. It's just the way the chips fell. The AFC North away and the AFC South at home. The Ravens obviously hurt their SOS, but the Texans were not all that much to write home about record-wise as the adjoining 1st place finisher.

That's what I don't get either. All of the opponents are selected with a predetermined formula. There's no person or group who picks the opponents. Only the order of opponents and location of the games is picked by people and they're supposed to factor in travel for the whole season and past locations but some teams defiantly get it worse than others. Like the 49'ers playing in New York back to back weeks and why are the Jets and Dolphins playing each other in consecutive games, even with a bye week in between? Those two things are just stupid.

Oh I agree but I have been told the Bears and the Vikings when they have won the division it is because they had an easier schedule because of how they finished the year before.

• 2 weeks later...
So hey, how about this Earl Thomas story, huh????

Yea, it's pretty funny. I mean, who of us hasnt tried the ol Eiffel Tower with our brother?!?! (Me).

The reporting of this was irresponsible. It was described as an orgy. Can't have an orgy with only three people. I have to draw the line. Now, a threesome with your brother, I would accept, "brogy."

• 2 weeks later...
So during this pandemic I've been watching Youtube videos of full NFL playoff games going all the way back to 1979. I'm going through 1982 right now and watching alot of Redskin games. It's just weird seeing Mark Murphy in a football uniform, and he was their leading tackler that year. Had an interception in the Super Bowl too.

All players to kneel for the national anthem. I love football, but I love the United States of America more. I am out.

I am confused. Is this actually happening? Dont see it reported anywhere.

Archived