Brewer Fanatic

2020 Miscellaneous NFL News

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

For some reason, the Texans traded DeAndre Hopkins to the Cardinals.

Bill O gonna Bill O.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill O gonna Bill O.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, wow. A 4th+Hopkins for a 2nd+David Johnson.

There are no words.

Good lord. I don't know who the Packers' equivalent of David Johnson would have been at this point in Johnson's career, but I make that deal if I'm Gute. What a stunningly bad trade by Houston.

Bill O gonna Bill O.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, wow. A 4th+Hopkins for a 2nd+David Johnson.

There are no words.

Good lord. I don't know who the Packers' equivalent of David Johnson would have been at this point in Johnson's career, but I make that deal if I'm Gute. What a stunningly bad trade by Houston.

I don't know what Hopkins' contract is like, but I'd rather have Aaron Jones than David Johnson. And I think I'd rather have Hopkins than Jones...but it's close.

Why did Houston do that? I don't follow NFL personnel all that closely. They not want to pay him or something or what?

It's Bill O Brien, who knows. He's insane. There's no looking for logic. The Cardinals were desperate just to dump DJs contract. Hopkins' contract isn't even bad for a receiver of his caliber.

An article on ESPN says that Hopkins was seeking a new contract and that there was some friction between Hopkins and O'Brien. That's still no excuse to trade him for way less value than he's worth.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

It was just a "rumor" yet, but Bridgewater has been linked to the Bears. That would create quite the QB competition.

It also leads me to believe the Bears have absolutely no vision for where the franchise is going. They've spent money on a very old TE in Graham. If they sign Bridgewater they will have two pretty significant contracts at QB without actually having a face of the franchise guy. If you're bringing in a QB in free agency it better be "the guy" because you are going to pay for him. If they aren't sold on Trubrisky, then draft a QB. At least then you have a chance of hitting gold and getting a guy on a cheap deal. With the rest of the big contracts they have already, they almost need a rookie deal QB to be able to afford enough around them. By signing Bridgewater they are basically stuck in middle ground. He's probably not a franchise changer, and you have enough money tied up you can't bring in enough other pieces.

What confuses me is the Texans clearly would have been calling other teams, yet an expensive RB is the best offer they could get? Plus the guy is 28 already. And they'd have had no problem getting one of the top RBs in the second round.

Tom Brady has announced he won't be back with the Patriots. He didn't mention singing with another team, so I read it more as negotiations with New England just went south and he's done with them.

If I'm the Bears that's the guy for me. Brady gets you two years of decent QB play and you get a couple years to develop a draft pick like Eaton or Fromm.

Bridgewater to the Bears is apparently unlikely, so they're focusing on Andy Dalton.

A Chicago beat reporter was asked on Twitter yesterday who wins in a QB competition between Dalton, Trubisky, and Nick Foles, and his answer was Green Bay. :)

I don't think the Bears have the cap for Brady, especially after signing Graham to that silly contract yesterday.

I think Brady to Indy or the Chargers makes the most sense. I think he can win quickly in Indy.

The Bears have cap room. They can release Floyd which gives them enough at $13m. Plus at some point Long drops off giving them another $8m in cap space I believe.

Long has already been removed from their cap projections except for his $1.5 million dead cap number.

Floyd would create space, but a lot is waiting on how the Graham contract is structured, which hasn't been released yet to my knowledge.

Brady is done. He was done last season. It will headline the offseason and will be a storyline next year but he won't impact much going forward.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brady is done. He was done last season. It will headline the offseason and will be a storyline next year but he won't impact much going forward.

It really would be the most Bears thing ever to give a huge contract to Brady and eat up their cap for a couple of year only to find out he's done.

Long has already been removed from their cap projections except for his $1.5 million dead cap number.

Floyd would create space, but a lot is waiting on how the Graham contract is structured, which hasn't been released yet to my knowledge.

The ones I have looked at havent removed Long yet but it has been a few weeks since I last looked.

Shouldn't matter now as the Bears just signed Quinn.

Archived