Brewer Fanatic

taylor williams designated for assignment; claimed by mariners

djoctagone

to make room for brock holt on the 40-man roster, taylor williams has been designated for assignment.

williams had been granted a fourth option for 2020.

the club has seven days to trade or release williams outright, or try to outright him to the minor leagues. if williams goes unclaimed, he will be forced to accept the minor league assignment.

to make room for brock holt on the 40-man roster, taylor williams has been designated for assignment.

williams had been granted a fourth option for 2020.

the club has seven days to trade or release williams outright, or try to outright him to the minor leagues. if williams goes unclaimed, he will be forced to accept the minor league assignment.

Sure didn't look like a player worthy of a 40-man spot last year. He'll turn 29 during the season. Would be interesting to know how the majority of MLB teams view him. A guy who was set back by injury problems and a possible late bloomer or just not a MLB player? He's obviously out of the Brewer's long-term plans as they risked losing him instead of players like Feyereisen and Yardley.

I am surprised by this as it makes the 40-man roster mix 21 hitters and 19 pitchers. With the way they like to shuttle pitchers back and forth, I figured that the number of pitchers would stay at 20 or more throughout the season. Kind of doubt that the 15-day DL for pitchers change would have played into this decision, but who knows? Kind of hoping now that maybe a Stripling deal (or other trade) is in the works to acquire another pitcher.

Sure didn't look like a player worthy of a 40-man spot last year. He'll turn 29 during the season. Would be interesting to know how the majority of MLB teams view him. A guy who was set back by injury problems and a possible late bloomer or just not a MLB player? He's obviously out of the Brewer's long-term plans as they risked losing him instead of players like Feyereisen and Yardley.

I am surprised by this as it makes the 40-man roster mix 21 hitters and 19 pitchers. With the way they like to shuttle pitchers back and forth, I figured that the number of pitchers would stay at 20 or more throughout the season. Kind of doubt that the 15-day DL for pitchers change would have played into this decision, but who knows? Kind of hoping now that maybe a Stripling deal (or other trade) is in the works to acquire another pitcher.

I’m actually shocked Taylor was DFA’d. I would’ve gone all in that Ronny Rodriguez was as good as gone once they signed Holt. Don’t get me wrong, Williams was definitely a long shot to make the roster but his additional option gives Stearns some flexibility when shuffling guys to and from the bullpen like they tend to do. Hopefully this means they feel confident with guys like Black, Wahl, Feyereisen, Yardley, D. Williams and Perdomo.

I’m actually shocked Taylor was DFA’d. I would’ve gone all in that Ronny Rodriguez was as good as gone once they signed Holt. Don’t get me wrong, Williams was definitely a long shot to make the roster but his additional option gives Stearns some flexibility when shuffling guys to and from the bullpen like they tend to do. Hopefully this means they feel confident with guys like Black, Wahl, Feyereisen, Yardley, D. Williams and Perdomo.

We’re talking about the 40th man on the roster, not much separation in terms of talent. It’s Likely the decision was simple as Williams is a hold over from the last regime, and Stearns prefers the guys he has added to the 40 man over ones he inherited.

We’re talking about the 40th man on the roster, not much separation in terms of talent. It’s Likely the decision was simple as Williams is a hold over from the last regime, and Stearns prefers the guys he has added to the 40 man over ones he inherited.

Or that they can outright him to the minors. His results have been pretty poor. His stuff is good. I don't think I've ever heard of Stearns having something against the prior regime's acquisitions.

Archived