Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Brock Holt

Brewcrewin07
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stearns has made a lot of signings that by themselves aren't exciting, but make sense when added all together. Holt plays a lot of positions and mashes RHP. As an everyday player, he's okay, but as a guy who starts against righties and sits against lefties, he's very good. We have a number of guys who Counsell can mix and match together to put good lineups on the field everyday with solid reserves to come in for late-game match-ups.

Yelich, Hiura, Narvaez, and maybe Urias when he's healthy are the only guys who should be guaranteed "everyday" play. Everyone else should start when the match-up is favorable and sit when it makes sense for someone else to start.

Love the signing and as Monty points out, these signings, when looked at collectively, really make a ton of sense. This team to me is the epitome of a regular season champion, depth and versatility everywhere with a superstar (Yelich) and potential superstar (Hiura) sprinkled in. Come playoffs, who knows, but I think they have positioned themselves exceptionally well from an offensive depth standpoint.

Stearns has made a lot of signings that by themselves aren't exciting, but make sense when added all together. Holt plays a lot of positions and mashes RHP. As an everyday player, he's okay, but as a guy who starts against righties and sits against lefties, he's very good. We have a number of guys who Counsell can mix and match together to put good lineups on the field everyday with solid reserves to come in for late-game match-ups.

Yelich, Hiura, Narvaez, and maybe Urias when he's healthy are the only guys who should be guaranteed "everyday" play. Everyone else should start when the match-up is favorable and sit when it makes sense for someone else to start.

Love the signing and as Monty points out, these signings, when looked at collectively, really make a ton of sense. This team to me is the epitome of a regular season champion, depth and versatility everywhere with a superstar (Yelich) and potential superstar (Hiura) sprinkled in. Come playoffs, who knows, but I think they have positioned themselves exceptionally well from an offensive depth standpoint.

It doesn't hurt to have a former superstar who's still a very productive contributor (Braun) around, either.

It doesn't hurt to have a former superstar who's still a very productive contributor (Braun) around, either.

Totally agree with you...lest we forget last season:

EEiRqLTUcAA3HLq.png

Totally agree with you...lest we forget last season:

EEiRqLTUcAA3HLq.png

Archived