Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Brock Holt

Brewcrewin07

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiura isn't ready defensively. Now they can put him a AAA for the first four months of the season where he can improve his defense and the Brewers will gain another year of control.

No, I'm not serious...just want to see the reactions to this idea.

Good addition. Better hitter than Gamel, plus he can play all over the field. Short swing should allow him to function well as PH.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Wow, A fielder who can play every single spot in the field and have done so.

So I guess that makes him a guy that was going to be signed by the brewers sooner or later.

So nothing to be seen here that's a signing the Brewers have made many times before.

It is a nice bat for the back end of the roster...I always enjoy bench bats that can hit a bit.

To me this is entirely unrelated to Urias.

Why would he not be the starting 3B against righties? He's going to get a lot of ABs. As many as Gyorko, Arcia, Braun and Smoak. I think it pushes Sogard over to SS to split time with Arcia. CC has a lot of options, anyway.

Very happy with this one. Not worried at all about the infield anymore. Even if 4 of the darts they threw at the IF this year are completely worthless they still have things covered with decent players. (I'm including Healy and Morrison here which I think are likely 2 fails right off the top).

I still don't get the Sogard hate btw. He has been an above league average hitter 2 of the past 3 years. I guess that bad 113 PA he had with the Brewers in 2018 is just so set in people's minds that there is no reason he can be a decent player? Since the start of 2017 including that awful stretch in 2018 he is a league average hitter. He is a slightly above average fielder at multiple positions (though not SS, he can't be more than a spot start at SS). Not sure why so many people think he has no value.

It is a nice bat for the back end of the roster...I always enjoy bench bats that can hit a bit.

To me this is entirely unrelated to Urias.

Why would he not be the starting 3B against righties? He's going to get a lot of ABs. As many as Gyorko, Arcia, Braun and Smoak. I think it pushes Sogard over to SS to split time with Arcia. CC has a lot of options, anyway.

No one said a back end of the roster guy can’t start. They may have many back end of the roster types, but they should have a better bench at all times than most teams have. The value (hopefully) of the PHs and platoon advantages should hopefully outweigh the fact many of these guys independently are not really that good.

It may also benefit the Brewers tendencies to pull starters early. Better bench bats hopefully gives you better plate appearances when you have a pitcher bat that one less time in a game.

Archived