Brewer Fanatic

"Best shape of his life" thread

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

"Yankees catcher Gary Sanchez is in the best shape of his life..."

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Luke Voit has never felt better!

“I have never felt any better in my life. It’s everything. I feel faster, more agile and my strength is back,” Voit told The Post

https://nypost.com/2020/02/02/rejuvenated-luke-voit-ramps-up-elite-yankees-hype/

Those Yankees are sure a fit group.

On the Brewers side, I saw both Shelby Miller and Corbin Burnes also fall into this group.

It's a sure sign of spring!

Yep, I read the Burnes article last night. Worked out 7 days a week, reinvented his body. Hopefully being in great shape translates to keeping the ball in the ballpark.

Can we expand this thread to include anyone who got LASIK in the offseason?

Hot Take: LASIK is as much, if not more, of a performance enhancer than steroids and should be banned. /semiblue

For hitters maybe. I don't think as much for pitchers...or quarterbacks :)

Best takeaway from that article? I learned that the Long Beach State baseball team is called the Dirtbags.

I was confused for a second thinking Tulo was trying to make a comeback, or perhaps he was just hurt again all last year and was rehabbing, then I saw the story was from January 2019.

Of course, the last half decade of that guy's career was basically a rehab rinse and repeat.

Best takeaway from that article? I learned that the Long Beach State baseball team is called the Dirtbags.

I was confused for a second thinking Tulo was trying to make a comeback, or perhaps he was just hurt again all last year and was rehabbing, then I saw the story was from January 2019.

Of course, the last half decade of that guy's career was basically a rehab rinse and repeat.

Gah. My bad.

Bartolo Colon was an above average pitcher for half a decade while being morbidly obese. Maybe more players should follow his lead.

Morbidly?! Good grief, man.

I mean, I know BMI isn't the be-all end-all of body shapes, but at 5'11", which Colon was listed at, 250 pounds is the upper limit for "obese" and Colon was listed at 285. He probably weighed closer to three hundo his last few years. Calling him morbidly obese isn't really out of line.

Bartolo Colon was an above average pitcher for half a decade while being morbidly obese. Maybe more players should follow his lead.

I mean, I know BMI isn't the be-all end-all of body shapes, but at 5'11", which Colon was listed at, 250 pounds is the upper limit for "obese" and Colon was listed at 285. He probably weighed closer to three hundo his last few years. Calling him morbidly obese isn't really out of line.

Hmm, so he gave Prince a run. I remember when Prince was dubbed the heaviest MLB player ever that was under 6'.

Feel like I need one of those jerseys. Any chance someone named Billy Cardinals happened to play for them? Maybe Ricky Cubs???

Half that weight was probably in his lower half.

I'm not going to argue the guy wasn't fat; but to me, morbidly obese means you have a hard time doing everyday tasks like bathing and using the bathroom.

Half that weight was probably in his lower half.

I'm not going to argue the guy wasn't fat; but to me, morbidly obese means you have a hard time doing everyday tasks like bathing and using the bathroom.

Morbid obesity is being 100 lbs overweight or having a 40 bmi or higher. At 285 (or likely more) and 5'11", Colon was or is certainly morbidly obese. It doesn't have to be causing him health and lifestyle problems today to be something he should take care of.

And I'll again acknowledge that bmi doesnt take all body types into account and isnt perfect by any means, but at under 6', if Barolo truly was or is 285+, he is every bit the definition of morbid obesity.

Archived