Brewer Fanatic

Just throwing this out there...

TURBO

I am a high school teacher. I have a special education student who is heavy into baseball/sports cards, old and new. Not really being a card collector myself, we have daily discussions about the players on his cards.

I am wondering if anyone has a bunch of cards they want to get rid of (maybe you are considering throwing them in the garbage, if so, they can be put to good use with this guy). He has no money, so I'd be asking for them to be donated. (I'd be happy to pay for shipping or meet up in the fox valley someplace.) They can be from any sport, or team (he loves them all) , but he is mostly a Brewers/Packers fan.

They do not have to have any value at all, in fact, commons would be great! He simply doesn't care who the players are or probably even understand values, etc. He just loves the cards.

By no means do I expect people to do this, but if anyone out there has some cards they want to dump because they have no value, this would be a good way to pass them on, knowing that where they are going is deeply appreciated by the student that would be receiving them...

Also, he's a really great kid, which is why I'm willing to throw this out there to the group.

Thanks!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Just bumping this up in case anyone else wants to donate. I'll have this student again when 3rd trimester rolls around (in 2 weeks) so if anyone has a bunch of cards they would normally toss, let me know.

Thanks to those who already donated, very cool of you!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Just curious how this played out. I don't have extra cards anymore otherwise I would have gladly shipped them.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Verified Member

I had a few guys ship me/him cards.

So awesome of those who did, made this kids day!

Thanks again everyone!

If anyone still wants to send cards, just let me know... It would be great to send him home with another box for the summer!

The last box had a Mahomes and Brady, which he went nuts over! lol

• 2 months later...
My brother has a truckload of baseball card commons that I'd bet he'd be willing to give away. Mostly late 80s and early 90s players you've never heard of. If your student would be up for those I think I can make that work.

Archived