Brewer Fanatic

2020 NL Central Standings Projections (Predictions Welcome)

Eye Black
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

2020 ZiPS Projected Standings – NL Central

[pre]Team W L GB PCT Div%

Chicago Cubs 32 28 — .533 27.4%

Milwaukee Brewers 31 29 1 .517 22.7%

St. Louis Cardinals 31 29 1 .517 22.1%

Cincinnati Reds 31 29 1 .517 21.5%

Pittsburgh Pirates 26 34 6 .433 6.3%[/pre]

Keith Law’s Projected Standings

NL CENTRAL

Cincinnati 33-27

Chicago 32-28

Milwaukee 31-29

St. Louis 31-29

Pittsburgh 26-34

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Community Moderator

My updated predicted standings are below. Back in the spring I originally had the Cubs barely winning the division over the Brewers and Reds. Assuming no team gets incredibly hot and runs away with it, I think the Brewers have the flexibility, depth, and pitching talent that can perform well enough over 60 games to win the division.

Brewers - 32-28

Reds - 31-29

Cubs - 31-29

Cardinals - 29-31

Pirates - 26-34

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewers 38-22

Cardinals 34-26

Cubs 34-26

Reds 33-27

Pirates 21-39

Im predicting the NL Central destroys the AL Central, Destroys the Pirates and 4 teams make the Playoffs. And for good measure the Cards/Cubs get to play an extra game to determine who is #2 in division and who is the 1st. Wild card. Just throw a wrench in to this whole 16team playoff idea during a shortened season. Maybe I should add a win to the top 4 so noone rebuffs with 33wins too low for an 8th place team this year.

Brewers 50-0

The rest don't matter.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewers 50-0

The rest don't matter.

So, with this prediction - are the Brewers just forfeiting the final 10 games of the season to get some rest before the playoffs start? If that's the case, then you'd still need to mark those down as losses, so I'm guessing you meant to say 50-10.

Brewers 50-0

The rest don't matter.

So, with this prediction - are the Brewers just forfeiting the final 10 games of the season to get some rest before the playoffs start? If that's the case, then you'd still need to mark those down as losses, so I'm guessing you meant to say 50-10.

:angry Stupid thumbs. 60-0!!!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewers 35-25

Reds 35-25

Cards 31-29

Cubs 31-29

Pirates 23-37

Seriously don't sleep on the Reds. That lineup is stacked. Offense wins the regular season.

Reds rotation is as good as any in the division too. They are the team to beat. Throw a blanket over the Cubs, Brewers and Cardinals.

Cubs 35-25

Reds 33-27

Cards 31-29

Brewers 27-33

Pirates 23-37

We will see how this season goes, but I’m not overly impressed with our squad in 60 games. I’m nervous about the offense and we have some pitchers that are low on experience...namely Burnes and Peralta. Houser isn’t experienced that much himself and Lindblom got picked up out of the Korean league.

I would have expected us to start off slow and grow stronger as the season goes on. Unfortunately this year is only the start of a regular year with it being 60 games. If they are to make the postseason the starters will have to outplay what their experience would usually provide.

Archived