Brewer Fanatic

Packer Offseason Thread: Latest- Packers Sign Kenny Clark- 4 years/$70 Million

LouisEly
  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Malik Turner gone now. Leaves 6 WRs on the roster, including Malik Taylor. He might be the surprise roster guy.

Adams, Lazard, MVS, St. Brown = 4

Who am I missing in your calculation? Ervin?

Yep ... he's been practicing with the WRs all camp. Already was known as a good receiver. I think that move is going to be permanent. He's a Swiss Army Knife type, though.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
To this day, it still surprises me that Tim Tebow didn’t catch on as the original Taysom Hill. It’s so much easier for teams to set their rosters when they have an athlete who can play multiple positions. What a blessing Ervin has been.

I seem to recall Tebow being adamant that he would not play tight end or any position other than QB. I could be wrong about that though.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

They are keeping Malik Taylor.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

To this day, it still surprises me that Tim Tebow didn’t catch on as the original Taysom Hill. It’s so much easier for teams to set their rosters when they have an athlete who can play multiple positions. What a blessing Ervin has been.

I seem to recall Tebow being adamant that he would not play tight end or any position other than QB. I could be wrong about that though.

Probably, but I really thought Belichick was going to figure out how to use him and make everyone else look silly. They could have still listed Tebow as a QB, but there would have been no controversy playing under Brady. On game day, he’s the 3rd QB/RB/TE. What a luxury.

They are keeping Malik Taylor.

Probably the biggest surprise "keep" so far, although he has been getting publicity the last few days as a potential roster surprise. He was on the practice squad last year, so he knows the system. At 6'2" and 225 lbs, he certainly looks the part of a typical Gute and Lafleur WR.

Damarious Randall was released yesterday by the Raiders.

I’m hardly a BG fan, but I’ve never looked back after that one. Kizer was worth a flyer and Randall is not a starting NFL DB. Just a bad pick from the beginning (weak draft, I know ... but still).

Outside of maybe keeping Ento up to IR him I don't see anything too surprising here, especially if Samuels ends up getting that spot. Thought Taylor would make it (Kumerow probably had to be clearly the No. 4 to make the team and it didn't sound like he really separated from ESB) and didn't think they'd give up on Nijman's upside after adding him to the roster late last year. It will be interesting to see who is added when Martin goes on IR. Tipa or Barnes? Go with a different position like Dexter Williams or Lovett? A different team's cut?

Packers signed former Buffalo Bill WR Robert Foster to the PS. He was very good for a stretch in 2018. I like this pickup.

Packers signed former Buffalo Bill WR Robert Foster to the PS. He was very good for a stretch in 2018. I like this pickup.

Yep ... solid WR. Good size at 6'2", 200 lbs. Has a track record of solid play. Not sure why he fell out of favor last year after looking so good in 2018.

And ironically, Kumerow signs with Buffalo's PS. I don't count Kumerow as a surprise cut. I was expecting this early in the offseason.

He was maxed out last year at 20 catches and good blocking (for a WR). Time to find someone else with more upside.

Yep ... solid WR. Good size at 6'2", 200 lbs. Has a track record of solid play. Not sure why he fell out of favor last year after looking so good in 2018.

And ironically, Kumerow signs with Buffalo's PS. I don't count Kumerow as a surprise cut. I was expecting this early in the offseason.

He was maxed out last year at 20 catches and good blocking (for a WR). Time to find someone else with more upside.

I’m hardly a BG fan, but I’ve never looked back after that one. Kizer was worth a flyer and Randall is not a starting NFL DB. Just a bad pick from the beginning (weak draft, I know ... but still).

Randall's not a bad safety. We just drafted him, asked him to play out of position and then he played out of position when he was hurt and looked awful.

But I'm with you on the trade. By the time his second season was up, it was definitely worth taking a flier on Kizer to ship him out. I don't recall any specifics, but I thought he had a few issues on the sidelines or in the locker room(not to mention he was pretty hated by the fan base). I could see him catching on as a nickel corner, 3rd safety type.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Randall's not a bad safety. We just drafted him, asked him to play out of position and then he played out of position when he was hurt and looked awful.

But I'm with you on the trade. By the time his second season was up, it was definitely worth taking a flier on Kizer to ship him out. I don't recall any specifics, but I thought he had a few issues on the sidelines or in the locker room(not to mention he was pretty hated by the fan base). I could see him catching on as a nickel corner, 3rd safety type.

Chris Orr reportedly cut. I wonder if the Packers would look, considering Martin’s injury. I still think Orr is an NFL caliber LB.

Damn...just looked at Orr's 40 time and saw he ran a 4.65. I thought he was expected to run a much slower 40, but if that's a better measure of his speed, yeah, that'd be a great addition. I'd prefer Connelly, but both were impressive at Wisconsin. Both are extremely instinctual and smart LB'ers.

Chris Orr reportedly cut. I wonder if the Packers would look, considering Martin’s injury. I still think Orr is an NFL caliber LB.

Damn...just looked at Orr's 40 time and saw he ran a 4.65. I thought he was expected to run a much slower 40, but if that's a better measure of his speed, yeah, that'd be a great addition. I'd prefer Connelly, but both were impressive at Wisconsin. Both are extremely instinctual and smart LB'ers.

Archived