Brewer Fanatic

Opening Day Tickets

PlayerHader
Sort of weird thing I'm noticing but my tickets are worse this year? Or maybe "better," depending on how their system works? Last year was my 2nd year, and I moved up immediately almost every game to the front row of the terrace (usually 8 or 9), however I was usually along a baseline. This year I'm behind the plate nearly every game, but back to the 13th row. I think I liked it the other way. Oh well.

Last year my tickets for my 20 pack were all in row 220 row 6, normally they are scattered so last year was a super nice. This year they are varied again. I do a "pick your games" versus their prepackaged selections. This year I picked at least 18 games on Friday-Sunday as I focused on resale knowing I'm not going to be able to go to a to as many games as usual this year. Life stuff. I'm wondering if that impacted my seating, or if more people signed up, or they changed their process a bit.

One thing I've noticed with my loge seats is they have weird criteria. My playoff seats in 2018 were section 215 row 21, I was in the very last row and basically in the concourse. It was pretty terrible, but for every game through presale I was able to get seats in section 212 or 213 row 13 or 14...way better seats. Bottom line, they probably think they are giving you a better seat...but in reality it's not a better seat

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My second year of fan choice...essentially picking the best games possible (singe seat). It gave me all Row 8 seats between 423-427. I can't really compare to last year though because I got my season tickets late in the winter so it was really sporadic on where I got placed.

The system can be really strange and they are always holding tickets for various reasons so SHHs get screwed when their locations get decided so early.

My second year of fan choice...essentially picking the best games possible (singe seat). It gave me all Row 8 seats between 423-427. I can't really compare to last year though because I got my season tickets late in the winter so it was really sporadic on where I got placed.

The system can be really strange and they are always holding tickets for various reasons so SHHs get screwed when their locations get decided so early.

Yes they certainly are. I've done the fans choice for probably 10 years now. Often I would get tickets in section 212 row 8 for X game, and then a few weeks before X game could find 4 available in section 220 or 219 row 6 available to the general public. I always found it annoying. A handful of times I paid the $1/ticket fee to snatch up those better tickets. But yeah doing the fans choice it's very rare to be in the same seats like I was last year, that's the first and only time that's happened. Every other year it's been similar to your seats, except loge vs terrace.

Just got the SSH rewards email and to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. My silver reward was a Bud Selig autographed book which I'm skeptical I even ranked at all. Last year I got my first choice. Since tenure plays a role I'm not sure how that's even possible. I selected them ASAP too and renewed early.

I figured there was a good chance I would not get the Yelich print that I picked #1 but I can't imagine a Bud Selig print was in my top six. What a bummer.

I think I got my second semi realistic preference in the 6 bobbles. Which I picked cause I figured they would do 50th themed ones (they ended up the 5 decade bobbles and talking Uecker).

I was pretty dang disappointed my Blue Reward ended up being the cup. I thought I would be able to get my preference in the polo (IT IS JUST A DANG POLO), but I guess not. Cup was probably my #5 or #6

Looking at the silver list again I can see what happened. Most of the silver stuff I picked were pipe dreams. Family play day, BP on the field and Yelich. After that they're all interchangeable to me. Oh well. I hope the book is at least good, lol.

And my blue is useless too. I'm out of town for the movie night. I wonder if I can swap it out for the scraps that are left.

I got the slide and movie night. I know the slide was way down in my list, movie night was probably pretty high though. I've had my 20 pack for around 10 years now, I don't mean to be intentionally discouraging but it's probably get unlikely we as 20 pack holders can get the premium rewards.

I will add about 4 years ago, I considered not renewing and was eventually offered BP at Miller Park to renew. This was before they offered the blue and silver caliber rewards. So if you really want that one, maybe try threatening not to renew

I got the slide and movie night. I know the slide was way down in my list, movie night was probably pretty high though. I've had my 20 pack for around 10 years now, I don't mean to be intentionally discouraging but it's probably get unlikely we as 20 pack holders can get the premium rewards.

I will add about 4 years ago, I considered not renewing and was eventually offered BP at Miller Park to renew. This was before they offered the blue and silver caliber rewards. So if you really want that one, maybe try threatening not to renew

But what doesn't make sense to me is that I did get them last year, both my #1s, after a season in which the Brewers nearly made the WS. And one of my picks was a Yount auto session, it wasn't like I picked the refill cup. I realize it's still possible for the lines for items to get longer despite longer tenure, just wasn't expecting it.

I had little expectation of getting family play day or BP on the field, but I thought my 3rd or 4th would come through. I'll take the book, whatever, but I have an email out asking if I can swap out the movie night I won't be able to attend.

But what doesn't make sense to me is that I did get them last year, both my #1s, after a season in which the Brewers nearly made the WS. And one of my picks was a Yount auto session, it wasn't like I picked the refill cup. I realize it's still possible for the lines for items to get longer despite longer tenure, just wasn't expecting it.

I had little expectation of getting family play day or BP on the field, but I thought my 3rd or 4th would come through. I'll take the book, whatever, but I have an email out asking if I can swap out the movie night I won't be able to attend.

That is very surprising. Maybe you got lucky and people simply didn't rate the Yount auto session highly last year. I personally never pick the auto sessions fwiw. You'd think that if certain SSH picked a reward one year, maybe they don't let them have the same reward the following year and let someone else get the BP on the field. Or maybe have a few more days of it so more people can get that reward. I guarantee you that the full season or 40 pack holders(or possibly the 20 pack holder for 30 straight years) pick the BP or family day every year and they just go by seniority...so us peons in the 20 pack section don't have a chance. Maybe some day they'll use some common sense(or start actually caring) and give everyone else a chance.

Just a tidbit I discovered. I assume others received the thank you card in the mail with the voucher. It is available to redeem today, and there are 4 games you can use, including 2 in June, not just the 2 advertised in April. It also allowed me to redeem on loge infield box, not just FOB. Pretty cool. I'd get in early to get the most out of it.

Archived