Brewer Fanatic

Opening Day Tickets

PlayerHader
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand why Brewers ownership and management would want a Brewers crowd instead of a Cubs crowd, but I don't know why it matters to fans. There's energy and tension and interest when it's a mixed crowd. The games seem more meaningful.

Chesty Cubs fans are an irritant, for sure. But they add some flavor to the gameday experience.

Curious if you say this having been to Brewers/Cubs games at Miller Park in the last 10 years, or not?

I've been to lots of Brewers v Cubs games in recent years, though in truth, they were all day games. Maybe the night crowds are more combative.

To me, it's just strange the lengths we want the team to go through to allow only Brewers fans in and keep Cubs fans out. In the end, it's very often Brewers ticket holders selling seats to Cubs fans.

More Brewers fans live in Wisconsin than outside of it. More Cubs fans live outside of Wisconsin than in it. This allows more Brewers fans to get tickets than if it was opened up for everyone at once. It doesn’t prevent Cubs fans from getting tickets. It’s a good idea, but they market it as keeping the Cubs fans out when they should market it as allowing Brewers fans the first opportunity to get tickets.

More Brewers fans live in Wisconsin than outside of it. More Cubs fans live outside of Wisconsin than in it. This allows more Brewers fans to get tickets than if it was opened up for everyone at once. It doesn’t prevent Cubs fans from getting tickets. It’s a good idea, but they market it as keeping the Cubs fans out when they should market it as allowing Brewers fans the first opportunity to get tickets.

Great post... spot on.

Is anyone else not yet able to see their tickets in the ballpark app?

Nope, glad it's not just me.

Tickets won't be loaded to the ballpark app until March 1 according to my rep. I can't even see my 20 pack tickets yet.

Thanks for posting this. The confirmation at the end of the transaction was misleading and indicated you could view them immediately. Also, I never received any confirmation email, which is odd. Anybody else receive a confirmation email? I was on my phone when I made the purchase so I literally have no record of the transaction other than my CC bill at this point.

They need to just stop doing that. No one cares about those stupid games. It is an 81 home game schedule. No one wants to pay Opening Day prices for an April weekend game or any other weekend for that matter. It is an even worse deal these days because the Brewers intentionally avoid putting giveaways on those days because they don't want a bunch of Cubs fans to get them just to resell on eBay. The games are simply a terrible value for a Brewers fan.

Cubs fans go because for many it is closer than Wrigley and it is way more convenient to get to regardless. Many come from the western 'burbs because it sucks that bad to go to Wrigley. Our stadium is simply that much better and prices are comparable. So when the Brewers make it Opening Day prices it doesn't faze Cubs fans because they are used to paying an arm and a leg for a normal game.

Tickets won't be loaded to the ballpark app until March 1 according to my rep. I can't even see my 20 pack tickets yet.

Thanks for posting this. The confirmation at the end of the transaction was misleading and indicated you could view them immediately. Also, I never received any confirmation email, which is odd. Anybody else receive a confirmation email? I was on my phone when I made the purchase so I literally have no record of the transaction other than my CC bill at this point.

If you have an MLB account, you probably should have received a receipt. I received one for my extras for our group. Maybe check your junk folder? Otherwise I would probably reach out to some version of customer support.

I did receive a confirmation email, did you write down your order #? Maybe reach out to somebody

I'm still annoyed they did opening day on Thursday instead of Friday. There is no need to schedule that off day in there when you have a dome. I'll probably just go Saturday instead because of this.

I prefer Thursday to the last few which have been Monday. At least you can easily make a 4 day weekend out of it. But I tend to agree, Friday would be better.

Yes Thurs better than Monday. But the schedule finally aligned for this and they didn't do it, I have no idea why. Best opening day I've been to by far was a Friday game I think in 2012 vs STL. I think it was a 3PM game too so you didn't have to get going super early and obviously then it just goes into the night since it's a weekend. It makes perfect sense. Of course they got smoked in the game since it was vs STL

Cubs fans go because for many it is closer than Wrigley and it is way more convenient to get to regardless. Many come from the western 'burbs because it sucks that bad to go to Wrigley. Our stadium is simply that much better and prices are comparable. So when the Brewers make it Opening Day prices it doesn't faze Cubs fans because they are used to paying an arm and a leg for a normal game.

I once sat next to a family of Cubs fans in row 2 section 128 for a Brewers Nats game. I asked then why they were in Milwaukee and the wife said it's easier for them to get to Milwaukee for a game than it is to get to Wrigley. I asked where they lived and she said about 10 miles from Wrigley. She also mentioned the atmosphere was better and was better for their kids.

Sort of weird thing I'm noticing but my tickets are worse this year? Or maybe "better," depending on how their system works? Last year was my 2nd year, and I moved up immediately almost every game to the front row of the terrace (usually 8 or 9), however I was usually along a baseline. This year I'm behind the plate nearly every game, but back to the 13th row. I think I liked it the other way. Oh well.

I love behind the plate, I don't like feeling like one false step and I'm tumbling into the loge. I keep saying next year I'm upgrading, but I need a 2nd seat that loves baseball just a little bit more to justify it.

I find the terrace "fine," but whenever I upgrade to infield box I realize how much more I love it down there.

Archived