Brewer Fanatic

Opening Day Tickets

PlayerHader

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Usually they have a lottery for these (I thought). Has this happened already?

I don't think there is a lottery any longer. It is first come first served. Interestingly (as I didn't recall this in past years) SSHs are able to buy tickets to Opening Day and any other home game as part of a presale.

Pretty sure the SSH presale is an attempt to keep it from being a Cubbie blue crowd.

Oh shoot, I forgot they were the opening day opponent.

Can't wait to buy the max in the presale to flip to cubbie fans on StubHub!

I don't really think that is it though as I don't think there is any Wisconsin pre sale nor would that explain a pre sale for all regular season games. Sounds like they are done with that whole Wisconsin pre sale thing as it just embarrassed them more than actually do anything. I haven't seen them mention it.

The WI presale didn't work at all so it would make little sense to continue. I do think the SSH sale is an attempt at keeping CHC out. Most people have 2 tickets in their package and allowing those people to buy them up gets more groups of people, presumably Brewers fans, through the gates. It's by far the highest demand seat of the year, a popular game for groups, and the easiest one to convince people to go to. I think that has a much better chance of actually working than a random June weekend WI only presale.

I don't see any reason to even have a presale other than Opening Day, really. Very few, if any, other games sell out that far in advance. There is nothing to lose by offering the whole season but I doubt many extra orders are placed that way via pre-sale. I just don't see any reason for it other than trying to sell as many OD tickets as possible before they hit general public and the Cubs fans are in the system. Seems too big of a coincidence.

I know you were kidding, but I would caution anyone about buying those up just to sell them. It will very likely have a distinctive code that will lock you out from future presales once they detect you re-listed them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Brewers would withhold the barcode information for Opening Day until that morning to minimize reselling. This is what they did with the NLDS tickets when there was a chance it could have been against the Cubs. I think the did this for all the postseason tickets in 2018, actually.

It wasn't for all the tickets. It was instituted solely because the Cubs had a chance to be the NLDS opponent. Once they lost to COL, they released all the barcodes.

They did it again for the NLCS but it didn't do much. StubHub just changed the policy and let sellers list without codes, and put the codes in the day of. They ended up releasing those earlier than they said anyway. They said they were doing it again for the WS but obviously that never mattered.

Doing all that messing around would seem excessive for OD.

Doing all that messing around would seem excessive for OD.

I don't know. It's already a feature in their system, so they should be able to indicate it on the electronic distribution of each ticket on a game-by-game basis, so it really wouldn't be any additional effort on the Brewers behalf. I think they should do that for all Cubs games.

I understand why Brewers ownership and management would want a Brewers crowd instead of a Cubs crowd, but I don't know why it matters to fans. There's energy and tension and interest when it's a mixed crowd. The games seem more meaningful.

Chesty Cubs fans are an irritant, for sure. But they add some flavor to the gameday experience.

I have a hard time believing too many Cub fans will get their hands on our opening day tickets. Its such a high demand ticket already, hard to imagine too many people buying and putting on stubhub. Other Cubs games yes, but not opening day. If the crowd is more than 25% Cub fans I will be very very surprised.

I was able to snag some extras and pickins were already very very slim. My extras are in section 212 in the upper rows.

I think of the 5 people in my group that tried to get tickets this morning, 4 actually did. While all seats where either higher number row or section, it wasn't that bad getting four seats together. I think we now have 14 tickets total, may need to sell a few extras.

I just checked now out of curiosity and pickins are super slim. I couldn't get 4 together anywhere. I could get 2 together field level in the last section of infield, or in the outfield...also in the terrace. Everything else is either single seats or just sold out. I highly suspect they are holding a good chunk of tickets back that they'll release at later dates...but as of right now there's not much available.

Community Moderator
As an out-of-state Brewers fan, the Wisconsin presales are really annoying. It was a problem for playoff tickets last year, I was going to fly in and it made it harder to get face value tickets. Plus, the majority of Cubs fans that come to Miller Park clearly live in Wisconsin anyway.

Is anyone else not yet able to see their tickets in the ballpark app?

Nope, glad it's not just me.

Tickets won't be loaded to the ballpark app until March 1 according to my rep. I can't even see my 20 pack tickets yet.

That's good to know. Thanks!

I understand why Brewers ownership and management would want a Brewers crowd instead of a Cubs crowd, but I don't know why it matters to fans. There's energy and tension and interest when it's a mixed crowd. The games seem more meaningful.

Chesty Cubs fans are an irritant, for sure. But they add some flavor to the gameday experience.

Curious if you say this having been to Brewers/Cubs games at Miller Park in the last 10 years, or not?

Archived