Brewer Fanatic

Would twins/brewers trade Kepler straight up hader

Would the twins counter build by sending Kepler to milwaukee. They would still have Buxton, rosario, and marwin Gonzalez and keep their top prospects including kiriloff, larnach, graterol, and Royce Lewis (cheap talent for upcoming years. They have to some big decision and a ever growing payroll. This gives them a lights out closer to shorten the game for their staff against big boppers throughout AL. Would Stearns do this? Kepler would be a great player to team with yelich and hiura for the next 3 yrs!

For Hader straight up? I would 100% hope not...

Where would he play? Our top 3 outfielders are signed for the next 2 years (Garcia) 3 years (Yelich and Cain).

If this is the best we could do, Hader stays a Brewer!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

1. No.

2. Why? Garcia Cain Yelich are already starting in the OF and Braun is going to play there too. That's already set for 2020. Even 2021 would make this a log jam. 2022 would be the 1st time MKE has a true need in the OF.

Am I wrong in thinking that he also had 1st base experience in the minors? If he can play 1st and the outfield there is more flexibility. He was pretty dominant coming up through the minors with great discipline. This seems like a Stearns player that would be a great play in Miller. I doubt something like would happen I was curious what other thought.

I think the first question is "Should the Brewers trade for Max Kepler?" And I'd say "no" for the same reasons TJseven7 points out above.

Kepler's a good player -- I definitely agree -- but he's sort of superfluous (at least not in terms of a need) on this roster. I also feel you're overvaluing him at least a bit. On top of that, I don't think he's worth Hader alone, period. Package a couple lesser parts with Hader & add some significant parts from the Twins? That may be something worth talking about.

Trade for him to play a lot of 1B? I don't think so. 76 total appearances at 1B in the minors -- less than 20% of his total minor league defensive innings -- and 4.1 innings in the majors.

He's a .238 career MLB hitter w/ a .319 OBP. Last year's numbers were sort of Grandal-esque, but overall it's too soon to know if that was an outlier or a new norm.

I believe the Twins also signed him early this offseason to a nice extension. It's pretty clear he's a guy they're committed to building around.

I don’t see Stearns doing too much “ trading for rentals” unless it’s at the trade deadline.

Young controllable talent......say it with me.

He's traded for a ton of rentals. Yes at the deadline but he's all about price and control. If he can send you guys he's not interested in keeping and guys who will be rule 5 eligible he'll deal for rentals. He's always looking for rentals for scraps though. The reason it's at the deadline is because other teams are looking to get anything instead of nothing at that time.

Archived