Brewer Fanatic

Brewers On Deck

Bikeage77

This is the first year I haven't gone since the days it was at Brookfield Square. Was hoping someone would've started a thread to talk about their experiences this year. But no one has.

Did anyone go? I know what to expect from the autograph lines. Curious how they handle the Yelich line. Did people have to sit in line for 4 hours before finding out if they got a voucher to get him or not?

Did the Brewers Charity Rummage improve from the past few years? Was it easier to get through the line than last year? Was there any new features? More vendors? Takeaways? Did you buy any cool stuff? Etc?

Thanks!

I called the Wisconsin Center to find that the doors open at 7:00. I looked at the A to Z guide saying that the doors to the building open up at 7:00. My daughter and I made it in line at 7:30 with the doors not open with the line going around the block. Us, like most people, leave our jackets in the car and we are wearing a t-shirt underneath a sweatshirt. Us like everyone else was pretty cold. The doors finally open at 8:00 and I'm pretty upset at this time. They let in a good amount of people to where we were about 30th inline outside. The line stops and we stand waiting again. At the 8:20 mark with what I see no one moving inside the vestibule I ask my daughter if she wants to go home. We were both freezing, and I'm extremely pissed off. We went home for the day. Its like the Brewers try to figure out how they can screw this event up worse every year.

BSC, that was what really bothered me most about last year. Being shuffled down a hall, into a room, then into another room, then up the escalator, then down another hall, then thru a zig zag line before finally being able to go up the second escalator to the main room. I'd be so frustrated with the whole thing, too. I don't blame you for leaving.

It probably doesn't do any good to contact the Brewers and tell them about your experience, either.

Old School,

I don't think it's the venue, it might be the number of tickets they are selling. Are kids free? Even after their run in 2011 it was still manageable to get around and not feel like they've outgrown it. Are they making more tickets available than previously? I'm not sure. Yelich and probably Hader are the main star power. Braun's demand I'm sure has cooled off as have his stats have, and also that he's been able to get for so many years.

At this point, I have everyone I want. I used to enjoy getting players that were hot and I considered potential All Stars, but I'm out of room in my basement and my days of wanting players like Travis Shaw or Jim Henderson are long over. I'd rather try to find HOF players on a last minute eBay snake (I need to sell a bunch of Brewers I should probably put list them in the Trading Post, or donate them to my rag-tag hard ball bar league). If someone does become an All Star and I want them, it's generally easier and cheaper to just find that auto on eBay.

Had a friend that went with his young kids and said it was really disappointing. He stated it seemed less organized and fewer things to do, especially for kids. He said it felt cheap. I'm curious if anyone else went and had an opinion on the overall feeling of the event.

Archived