Brewer Fanatic

2020 Brewers SGA Bobblehead List

TURBO

Looks like they are doing 35,000 rather than all fan this year.

4/12/20 - 70's Hank Aaron

5/03/20 - 80's Molitor

5/10/20 - Yelich 40 HR (interlocks with the Yelich 30 SB below)

6/14/20 - Cain Gold Glove

6/28/20 - Talking Uecker

7/12/20 - 90's Yount

7/26/20 - Yelich 30 SB (interlocks with the Yelich 40 HR above)

8/23/20 - 2000's Sheets

9/06/20 - 2010's Braun

Only one Special Event bobble has been announced so far (Star Wars Cain May 9th), but don't worry, there will be 12 others to follow.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not one new player, they have all been done before, most have multiples previously, hell, this will be Ben Sheets 5th bobblehead. Hank Aaron has 2, Cain is already getting the Star Wars bobble this year and has 3 others from previous years, Yelich only has one previous (but you can bet there will be a ton in the near future), Uecker has 3, Yount at least 9 off the top of my head, Molitor with 4, and I'm not even going to attempt to count all the Brauns...

Sadly, the Brewers don't care about what the loyal collectors want, they just want to sell tickets, and these players will do just that. (Except maybe for Sheets, I'm guessing a lot of the current fans wouldn't even know who he is)

They missed an opportunity to do a Nieves No Hitter bobblehead imo. If Yount was necessary for the 50 year celebration, they could have done one of Yount diving, that interlocks with the Nieves no hitter bobble. What could possibly be better than honoring our only official no hitter during our 50 year campaign? What better to honor than the clubs ONLY no hitter in it's 50 year history?

Our promo department is lazy and uncreative when it comes to bobbles.

EDIT: Molitor has 5 previous, this will make 6.

It's not so much laziness as it is selling tickets. Juan Nieves isn't selling tickets, nobody's 10 year old begs to go to a game to get Juan Nieves.

I'm right there with you but the promo department's game is selling tickets. They don't get rewarded for creativity. If they do Juan Nieves and have 15k left in storage, they have a problem.

There's a cost to making these, so they need to pick ones with mass appeal. They all make sense on that front, except Sheets, who I think will probably be the least popular.

It's not so much laziness as it is selling tickets. Juan Nieves isn't selling tickets, nobody's 10 year old begs to go to a game to get Juan Nieves.

I'm right there with you but the promo department's game is selling tickets. They don't get rewarded for creativity. If they do Juan Nieves and have 15k left in storage, they have a problem.

There's a cost to making these, so they need to pick ones with mass appeal. They all make sense on that front, except Sheets, who I think will probably be the least popular.

Which is exactly why I said this above:

"Sadly, the Brewers don't care about what the loyal collectors want, they just want to sell tickets, and these players will do just that."

Kind of sad that Sheets is the best they can do for the 2000s. Can't say there's really anybody else. I guess Prince Fielder but they randomly just did him for some odd reason.

Wish they had done Cirillo for the 90s to get a Motre Dame. If he were still on TV they probably could have done it.

With Ghostbusters 3 coming out July 10, I’m mildly surprised there wasn’t another Ghostbusters tie-in or theme night announced.

Still could be. There is only one theme night announced. There are likely 3-5 bobbles coming. No superhero, no movie, no coaches with cancer, no heritage nights.

The theme nights not about Star Wars will be announced in February. I don't know when, but with single game tickets going on sale 2/15, you'd think before that date.

My extended family has been wanting to save the date for Bark in the Park night for a while. Be nice to know whether/when it's happening.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Historically the theme nights have been announced right about now. 1/30 last year, and 1/28-29 the year prior.

I sure hope before 2/15 because I have 6 nights left in my 20 pack and I usually pick a few of those.

Annoyingly, they also add 1-2 like a month into the season. This is probably old hat for most people but if you are SSH and care about bobbles, you can email your rep and buy $15 vouchers for the theme bobbles or other theme giveaways. They don't advertise this and you have to ask.

^Question regarding this.

If I bought a 4 pack to get the Elf bobblehead, and one of the dates in that package is on Star Wars night, do I have to purchase more tickets to get the Star wars bobblehead, or can I call and they would sell me the vouchers, even though I am not a ssh?

I was a bit frustrated to find out I have crap tickets on star wars bobble night, and no way to get the bobbles...

I don't believe they sell the vouchers ahead of time to anyone but SSH. They do sell extra vouchers for a reduced $10 the day of the game, but for one like Star Wars, it is likely they sell out ahead of time as I think they did last year. Sugar Skull and less popular ones tend to have lots of extras.

Honestly, my rep ended up just saving me a Buddy because I asked for one...I think I would probably keep my 20 pack if I moved out of state, just to keep the perks alive and sell the games off so I have it for when I need it. The price differential of the 20 pack vs. anything else makes it kind of a no-brainer to me. It is hands down worth having a 20 pack but you only realize that after you buy one. They make it very hard to cancel with all the stuff that gets thrown in...if you care about merchandise and what not.

Just off the early payment incentive I get $50 in vouchers that last year I used to buy the '18 playoff hoodie. If I were to take off the value of all the throw-ins and the games I don't go to, I'm probably spending like $250 for two tickets to 13-14 games.

Updated List:

Buddy the Elf Bobblehead (4 Pack Ticket offer)

SSH Brandon Woodruff

4/11/20 - Peanuts Woodstock Special Event

4/12/20 - 70's Hank Aaron

5/03/20 - 80's Molitor

5/09/20 - Star Wars Lorenzo Cain (Special Event)

5/10/20 - Yelich 40 HR

6/14/20 - Cain Gold Glove

6/27/20 - Elmo Special Event

6/28/20 - Talking Uecker

7/12/20 - 90's Yount

7/26/20 - Yelich 30 SB

7/27/20 - Bugs Bunny Special Event

8/23/20 - 2000's Sheets

9/05/20 - Superman Yelich as Clark Kent Special Event

9/06/20 - 2010's Braun

Up to 16 if you count the Elf and SSH bobbles...

I suspect there are still more. The WWE date sounds suspicious and there is no stitch n pitch night or coaches with cancer that I saw.

yup, I love bobbles, but they are dangerously close to severe overkill.

At this point it's crazy to try and get every bobble without paying on the secondary market, or having a bobble partner to share the load.

You could also join one of the many facebook pages specifically devoted to bobbles and sga items...

For example:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/907374242654594/

At this point it's crazy to try and get every bobble without paying on the secondary market, or having a bobble partner to share the load.

You could also join one of the many facebook pages specifically devoted to bobbles and sga items...

For example:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/907374242654594/

Thanks for the heads up. Navigating craigslist and Marketplace is a nightmare at times.

Fairly new to the bobblehead game but I've accumulated a nice little collection (60ish) through thrift stores, secondary, and giveaways.

Like I alluded to above, if you are within an hour of the stadium and a collector, the 20-pack just gets more worth it every season. I'm in one of those groups and sometimes I just don't feel like going to a game. 20 is a lot, especially for me in WA County. I'll post my tickets for free, and just tell someone to mail me one bobble. They always do it, and everyone knows the trusted members of the site.

I only ever keep one bobble, so I always sell the extra at the SGA games. Purchasing the vouchers ahead of time is a nice perk.

I'm too impatient for this, but one of the SSH rewards is always a package of bobbles from the previous year, too, including several theme nights. I genuinely think I'd keep the package alive with 1 ticket even if I moved away.

Purchasing the vouchers ahead of time, do you still have to buy a ticket to the game. I asked my boss since he is a ssh, if he could ask his rep about it, and I can get the vouchers without the ticket package, but was just wondering if i then have to buy a cheaper ticket to the game(s)

Not sure I get the question. You need a ticket to get in, the voucher isn't a ticket.

I've been told by the rep in the past that you can only purchase the voucher IF your package includes a ticket to that game. I've never tried asking for a voucher of a game I didn't have tickets to, if you're suggesting buying the voucher and giving it to someone with a ticket. I'm not sure what he'd say if I tried to buy a voucher and then bought my own cheap ticket, if that's what you're getting at.

My company is a season seat holder, so even though they dont have special event package tickets, i can get the vouchers for the bobbles, which means i can have whoever has our season seats pick the bobbles up for me with the vouchers, or i can by my own tickets is what i was getting at...I know the voucher isnt a ticket

Archived