Brewer Fanatic

Marcell Ozuna to Braves - 1 Year $18 Million

I'm not sure they were looking to bring him back, but happy to see another bat escape the Cards. They're down Ozuna and Martinez now and really haven't picked up anything anywhere yet. If they don't grab Castellanos or swing a deal for Arenado, they could be taking a nice little step back. Same can be said for the sCrubs. That with the improved Reds, this division could be pretty tight next year.

I'm frankly not sure why people are so high on Ozuna. Last year was the 2nd best hitting season of his career and he posted 241/328/472...good for 800 OPS. And he's at best a mediocre defender in LF. It's hard to be overly critical of a 1 year deal, at the same time this deal ties their hands on other potential deals.

Horrible, HORRIBLE outfielder. I can't imagine having to watch that crap show on a nightly basis.

Yeah, two years ago the Cards went for big bats while disregarding defense, and it was a clown show. They cleaned up their defense in 2019 (for example starting Fowler in RF and putting Martinez on the bench) and they won the division.

One thing that concerns me about the 2020 Brewers is that we'll have poor defense at multiple positions (Narvaez, Hiura, Braun at 1B). Match this up with some groundball pitchers, and I hope this doesn't cost us too many wins.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived