Brewer Fanatic

American Family Field AKA Miller Park

I went last night and was surprised at how bad the food was. We had a pretzel, hot dog, and nachos. Standard ballpark fare. Pretzel was caked in salt, flavorless, and not chewy. I think they soaked the hot dog bun in water before wrapping it in foil. It was a mushy paste surrounding the hot dog. The nachos were okay, mainly because I asked for and was given a lot of jalapenos. The quality of the game didn't help, but I don't think I am asking for too much. I miss being able to take water in. It hurts to spend $5.50 on a bottle of Aquafina. I saw the RTBNL had a crispy pork/mac n cheese combo that sounded interesting, but Somewhere's restaurant review makes me glad I passed. I've been dieting. In the past, I would have kept eating until I found something I liked, but after saving most of my daily calories to use at the game, I was really disappointed.

Just chiming in to say that you can still take water bottles in. Each person can bring in one sealed water bottle this season, I've done it for each game I've gone to.

They stopped me at the home plate gate on Tuesday. Guy in front of me as well. Offered to dispose of it or let us drink it there.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They stopped me at the home plate gate on Tuesday. Guy in front of me as well. Offered to dispose of it or let us drink it there.

I feel like there is some vital piece of information we are missing that made this guy think whatever you had was not allowed. I mean I can understand one idiot not knowing his job, but what about the half dozen next to him? What a strange situation.

I saw plenty of people take in things other than water. We can also BS and pretend like those protocols were for COVID precautions, but all they were for is reduced seating and the team was money hungry. Unless of course someone can explain how bottled water doesn't cause COVID spread, but a bottle of Mtn. Dew was going to cripple the region. Actually, I would argue allowing people to bring in more than one unopened water and their own food would have reduced spread. Think about how much less people would have gotten up and spent less time in packed concourses.

Of course the Brewers could survive such poor policies because demand for tickets greatly outweighed the measly 25% supply. However, now that ticket supply reaches 50% and then 100% they actually have to start trying to sell tickets. Same reason we saw zero promotions in April/May, there was no need to attract people to the park during that time to sell out.

I went last night and was surprised at how bad the food was. We had a pretzel, hot dog, and nachos. Standard ballpark fare. Pretzel was caked in salt, flavorless, and not chewy. I think they soaked the hot dog bun in water before wrapping it in foil. It was a mushy paste surrounding the hot dog. The nachos were okay, mainly because I asked for and was given a lot of jalapenos. The quality of the game didn't help, but I don't think I am asking for too much. I miss being able to take water in. It hurts to spend $5.50 on a bottle of Aquafina. I saw the RTBNL had a crispy pork/mac n cheese combo that sounded interesting, but Somewhere's restaurant review makes me glad I passed. I've been dieting. In the past, I would have kept eating until I found something I liked, but after saving most of my daily calories to use at the game, I was really disappointed.

Just chiming in to say that you can still take water bottles in. Each person can bring in one sealed water bottle this season, I've done it for each game I've gone to.

Did you already have it open, it must be sealed to take in.

That's odd. I always enter at the home plate gate, never had a problem bringing a sealed water bottle in.

I would invite anyone to go on a tour of Chicago or Minnesota to see what better ballpark food actually looks like. Even in St. Louis they have a Hardees in the stadium last time I was there and that's a better burger than anything at Miller Park.

Thanks for this, now I will go on my yearly rant:

It is absolutely pathetic the White Sox (Cubs too I think, if I recall) can do FRESH Brats (hot dogs too) that are legit grilled in front of you, but the Milwaukee Brewers can only provide the worst brat I have ever tasted in my life. That is a disgrace. I remember slamming four Brats at a Sox game and I wasn't even mad about the money I was shelling out.

Pretty sad their revamps in recent years have vastly improved the food yet it is still the worst stadium food I have ever experienced and it isn't even remotely close. MiLB stadiums have food 10x better. The food at the field in Arizona for ST is better.

I swear it didn't use to always be like this at Miller Park. I remember watching them grill brats in the past, you could even order it "County Stadium Style" where they'd put secret sauce and kraut on it, but everything I see now is pre packaged and poor quality. I don't think I saw a single beer or hotdog guy walking around either. My only guess is maybe Oakland, Miami, or Kansas City may be worse but I've never been there, pure speculation. We might have the worst food in the big leagues these days.

The Royals have some of the best stadium food in the country...I would say regardless of sport. Their options are not only plentiful, but really top notch quality. I remember getting a personal woodfired pizza freshly made in front of me. My wife went crazy for the ice cream shop. I honestly can't imagine how a stadium could have better options than they have and the prices really aren't bad at all. That stadium in general is absolutely top notch all around.

https://www.mlb.com/royals/ballpark/food

Oakland probably sucks (old and terrible stadium), but something tells me the new Miami stadium probably has decent options. I can't imagine anything being worse than AmFam. Its about as bland of options possible and they don't even taste good. I always liked AJ Bombers when it was there because the food was good....but of course that is no more.

I prefer to bring food, as the quality is generally bad.

This year I was willing to accept the situation, but have been complaining lately. How do COVID restrictions cause you to not have any Ketchup? The next game they didn't have ranch dressing for the menu item that prominently includes ranch dressing. With limited stands and capacity there is no excuse for not having ordered and stocked the items you serve.

Last night I ordered a burger that included "special sauce" or something but was completely dry. My tots were cold, too. I now send them back, which is what the management of the Delaware North claims it wants customers to do, but the staff looks at me like I'm crazy.

Agree the pizza has gone backwards. The burgers have also gone backwards. I think the basic nachos actually might have got better. Not happy about raising prices by adding sales taxes. I know its only $1-2 per game, but if the quality of the food sucks it just annoys me.

We've already smuggled in food a few times and happy to see they will be relaxing the restrictions soon.

Why should they try to make it better when people are willing to shell out the money for crap? Not that I agree with it but I understand it.

Maybe so people continue to shell out money for ballpark food? With what I've experienced now, I will make sure to eat before or after a game and never buy the ballpark food. I don't care about the money aspect of it, price increases don't matter to me if the food is decent.

Why should they try to make it better when people are willing to shell out the money for crap? Not that I agree with it but I understand it.

Maybe so people continue to shell out money for ballpark food? With what I've experienced now, I will make sure to eat before or after a game and never buy the ballpark food. I don't care about the money aspect of it, price increases don't matter to me if the food is decent.

I think you're in the minority of people who will stop buying it. I don't think a slight drop off in quality of what was already un-quality food is going to change that. Most people get it for the "ballpark experience" or because they prefer to not bring in their own food for whatever reason and won't change their habits even though it's incredibly overpriced and generally terrible. I mean people still pay for $20 beer or whatever they charge nowadays.

Hopefully you are writing letters, emails to the Brewers with feedback. If people complain and in high numbers you'd think they'd make some effort to improve.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Anyone try to list any of their season tickets via StubHub yet? I noticed the tickets were in my MLB app today and I went to go list the games I cannot attend on StubHub and it doesn’t look like the barcodes are working.

I just read their current rules on carry-ins at Brewers.com:

Carry-Ins

Sealed bottles of water, juice or soda (32 oz. or smaller), and personal size food items (e.g., a sandwich, small bags of pretzels, piece of fruit) are all permitted inside of the ballpark.

Our tradition is to bring a bag of peanuts along, hopefully that's still ok. The last time I got food at a game (2019) I decided would be my last time until I hear reports of vastly improved food quality. It just feels shameful and embarrassing to pay money for such crappy food. It's pathetic.

I haven't tried yet, but were the games you tried to post for 100% capacity or less? Maybe it would only work for the 6/25 and beyond games.

Yes, they were after the 100% capacity date of 6/25. I went on StubHub on a PC and noticed that if I choose the “manually enter the barcode” option, it makes you select a day and the last available date to choose is 6/24. I’m guessing it’s a timing issue and the ticket information hasn’t been transmitted to StubHub yet.

Carry-Ins

Sealed bottles of water, juice or soda (32 oz. or smaller), and personal size food items (e.g., a sandwich, small bags of pretzels, piece of fruit) are all permitted inside of the ballpark.

Our tradition is to bring a bag of peanuts along, hopefully that's still ok. The last time I got food at a game (2019) I decided would be my last time until I hear reports of vastly improved food quality. It just feels shameful and embarrassing to pay money for such crappy food. It's pathetic.

I had to throw my bag of peanuts away, they would not let me through. That was in May, if that matters.

Carry-Ins

I would assume you’d be okay under the “personal size food item” part of the policy. Might need to get smaller bags and not a big one though.

Carry-Ins

I had to throw my bag of peanuts away, they would not let me through. That was in May, if that matters.

It does matter, they starting allowing carry-in food on 6/1.

• 1 month later...
Bag policy changing slightly starting with tonight's game. Clear single compartment bags 12x6x12 now allowed along with clear gallon zip-lock bags. However, I brought in zip lock bags a couple of times in June/July without issue.

https://www.fox6now.com/news/american-family-field-bag-policy-update

Probably just depends which line you go to.

In Pittaburgh my wife was let in with a purse that was about a quarter inch too tall. We walked to the next gate and thr dude just waved us in.

I emailed the Brewers last week, asking (politely) whether we should continue to expect such varying approaches from security staff. They haven't replied.

IMO…Unless you have someone fairly assertive enforcing rules with eagle eyes, you can walk in with a variety of food options. Maybe that has changed or will change, but from my experiences this year it has been a varied mishmash of policy and enforced policy.

Archived