Brewer Fanatic

American Family Field AKA Miller Park

Has anyone seen anything about when tickets beyond the Dodgers series will go onsale? Will be fully vaxxed soon and would like to hit up a game or two in May.

I received an email from my ticket rep on Friday that communication for the next round of tickets should come out this week.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did the Brewers paint a pennant at the stadium to commemorate the 2020 Wild Card?

On the one hand, it would seem weird to memorialize a sub-.500 season, but it would seem weird to ignore it too.

Yes, they did. I saw a picture of it. It’s painted on the wall near the press boxes, I believe. Someone who has actually been to the stadium can confirm.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Did the Brewers paint a pennant at the stadium to commemorate the 2020 Wild Card?

On the one hand, it would seem weird to memorialize a sub-.500 season, but it would seem weird to ignore it too.

Yes, they did. I saw a picture of it. It’s painted on the wall near the press boxes, I believe. Someone who has actually been to the stadium can confirm.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I mean...they did make the playoffs.

I remember time when we were celebrating an 81-81 season...but slightly disappointed we didn't end our run of seasons below .500.

Now we're questioning why we're nothing to recognize a playoff season! And I get that, and I love how the expectations of this team have shifted!

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

• 4 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Expanding attendance to 50% capacity starting Saturday.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• 2 weeks later...
The Restaurant to be Named Later is really bad, don't go. There are maybe six things on the menu, portions are small, food is not cooked well, and service is terrible. Massive step down from Fridays. (Though honestly the entire concessions at this stadium has gone downhill over the last several years and is significantly below average and easily the worst out of the stadiums I've visited)

The Restaurant to be Named Later is really bad, don't go. There are maybe six things on the menu, portions are small, food is not cooked well, and service is terrible. Massive step down from Fridays. (Though honestly the entire concessions at this stadium has gone downhill over the last several years and is significantly below average and easily the worst out of the stadiums I've visited)

I refuse to go based on the name alone. Worst. Name. Ever.

I refuse to go based on the name alone. Worst. Name. Ever.

Good decision.

I went last night and was surprised at how bad the food was. We had a pretzel, hot dog, and nachos. Standard ballpark fare. Pretzel was caked in salt, flavorless, and not chewy. I think they soaked the hot dog bun in water before wrapping it in foil. It was a mushy paste surrounding the hot dog. The nachos were okay, mainly because I asked for and was given a lot of jalapenos. The quality of the game didn't help, but I don't think I am asking for too much. I miss being able to take water in. It hurts to spend $5.50 on a bottle of Aquafina. I saw the RTBNL had a crispy pork/mac n cheese combo that sounded interesting, but Somewhere's restaurant review makes me glad I passed. I've been dieting. In the past, I would have kept eating until I found something I liked, but after saving most of my daily calories to use at the game, I was really disappointed.

I went last night and was surprised at how bad the food was. We had a pretzel, hot dog, and nachos. Standard ballpark fare. Pretzel was caked in salt, flavorless, and not chewy. I think they soaked the hot dog bun in water before wrapping it in foil. It was a mushy paste surrounding the hot dog. The nachos were okay, mainly because I asked for and was given a lot of jalapenos. The quality of the game didn't help, but I don't think I am asking for too much. I miss being able to take water in. It hurts to spend $5.50 on a bottle of Aquafina. I saw the RTBNL had a crispy pork/mac n cheese combo that sounded interesting, but Somewhere's restaurant review makes me glad I passed. I've been dieting. In the past, I would have kept eating until I found something I liked, but after saving most of my daily calories to use at the game, I was really disappointed.

The rest of the stadium is pretty bad too, very poor quality buns, less variety than in the past, meat overcooked, etc. At least back when it was Fridays they used to have most of the regular menu, you could get a steak or real burger or ribs if you wanted. I'll have to go back to alcohol only inside the stadium and get something to eat at an actual restaurant before or after the game.

I was looking at that MLB Food Fight Bracket

https://www.mlb.com/news/featured/mlb-food-fight-bracket-to-determine-best-ballpark-food where teams “put up their ballpark's signature food item against each other for the title of best food in baseball”

and noticed the Brewers entry was something called the Double Play Burger. I had to look it up and it’s something that’s only available at the RTBNL. Pretty weak, but maybe even they know that the vaunted bratwurst with secret stadium sauce is actually garbage.

I would invite anyone to go on a tour of Chicago or Minnesota to see what better ballpark food actually looks like. Even in St. Louis they have a Hardees in the stadium last time I was there and that's a better burger than anything at Miller Park.

I would invite anyone to go on a tour of Chicago or Minnesota to see what better ballpark food actually looks like. Even in St. Louis they have a Hardees in the stadium last time I was there and that's a better burger than anything at Miller Park.

Thanks for this, now I will go on my yearly rant:

It is absolutely pathetic the White Sox (Cubs too I think, if I recall) can do FRESH Brats (hot dogs too) that are legit grilled in front of you, but the Milwaukee Brewers can only provide the worst brat I have ever tasted in my life. That is a disgrace. I remember slamming four Brats at a Sox game and I wasn't even mad about the money I was shelling out.

Pretty sad their revamps in recent years have vastly improved the food yet it is still the worst stadium food I have ever experienced and it isn't even remotely close. MiLB stadiums have food 10x better. The food at the field in Arizona for ST is better.

Just chiming in to say that you can still take water bottles in. Each person can bring in one sealed water bottle this season, I've done it for each game I've gone to.

Thanks for this, now I will go on my yearly rant:

It is absolutely pathetic the White Sox (Cubs too I think, if I recall) can do FRESH Brats (hot dogs too) that are legit grilled in front of you, but the Milwaukee Brewers can only provide the worst brat I have ever tasted in my life. That is a disgrace. I remember slamming four Brats at a Sox game and I wasn't even mad about the money I was shelling out.

Pretty sad their revamps in recent years have vastly improved the food yet it is still the worst stadium food I have ever experienced and it isn't even remotely close. MiLB stadiums have food 10x better. The food at the field in Arizona for ST is better.

I swear it didn't use to always be like this at Miller Park. I remember watching them grill brats in the past, you could even order it "County Stadium Style" where they'd put secret sauce and kraut on it, but everything I see now is pre packaged and poor quality. I don't think I saw a single beer or hotdog guy walking around either. My only guess is maybe Oakland, Miami, or Kansas City may be worse but I've never been there, pure speculation. We might have the worst food in the big leagues these days.

The pre-packaged food and lack of vendors in the seating bowl are pandemic-related changes. I thought I read somewhere that vendors would be back once full capacity is allowed, but I don't remember where, so don't quote me on that.

Having said that...it's understandable, but still a drag that the menu options throughout the park are reduced and prices are up. $6.75 for a hot dog? I think we'll more often eat before we arrive, and save the concessions spending for special occasions.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived