Brewer Fanatic

American Family Field AKA Miller Park

Drove by the stadium for the first time since 2019 yesterday. Was great to see it again. Was weird not seeing Miller Park on it, but the AmFam signage actually looks nice. I did notice that Miller Parkway was renamed Brewers Boulevard as well. Will be great to be back inside and watching a game in person in less than a week!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers renovated Bernie's Chalet and the slide is now white. Thought maybe I was just crazy, but it seems the general consensus is a bit of disappointment the slide isn't yellow anymore. It is pretty much the focal point of the entire stadium on the inside and now it blends in. I am guessing it was yellow for that exact reason, to not blend in and stand out.

I suppose it is a trade off to renovate the thing. The white retro chalet probably would have looked dumb with a yellow slide...and I always thought the chalet before looked strange and had no character. I probably would have just gave it character with the current color scheme (which the yellow slide would have still matched well with), but I am sure the retro chalet look will be a hit with the older crowd.

Of course the chalet is basically just marketing BS for American Family....so I guess I shouldn't be surprised it is the way it is.

The return of the chalet is a cool idea as it should never have gone away to begin with. The slide color? Who cares? AmFam field updates so far have been a good touch.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It is a step in the right direction but it isn't complete yet. It needs to be a slide in a stein of beer to truly complete the look. If you are going to call your team the Brewers and have the Barrelman as a mascot, then it shouldn't be all that off-putting to have him slide into a beer. Fully embrace the identity, don't embrace some and shun other parts of it.

It is a step in the right direction but it isn't complete yet. It needs to be a slide in a stein of beer to truly complete the look. If you are going to call your team the Brewers and have the Barrelman as a mascot, then it shouldn't be all that off-putting to have him slide into a beer. Fully embrace the identity, don't embrace some and shun other parts of it.

Yah...I get why they don’t have it...until the fact it is the only beer thing they decide to not have anymore.

Not having the beer mug to slide into is ridiculous.

The chalet, though kind of cool, just isn't complete without the beer mug at the end.

The chalet is kind of plainlooking, and not really much of an improvement over what was there previously.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The slide is is white and the roof of the house is red and the house is mostly white.

Not something I want for a team in a division with two teams with primary colors of red and white.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Marlins have sold their their stadium naming rights, “loanDepot park”

The “p” in park is indeed lowercase.

It could always be worse.

i disagree.

I was referring to it compared to us selling the naming rights to American Family.

I don't think the Marlins is near the worst ever though. I honestly don't think it can get worse than the White Sox field name coupled with the giant red downward arrow.

Although I didn’t buy much for concessions on Opening Day, I did notice that the craft beers on the Club Level in the grab-and-go refrigerators (which I was surprised were available with COVID) increased drastically in cost. I think they were around $9.00 or $9.50 on 2019 and I think they may have been $11.00 now. In addition, sales tax isn’t included in prices any longer, and it appears that they use a very high sales tax rate. My brother bought a mixed drink at the Club Level bar and he said it was around $13.50, plus it was much smaller than before. Yikes!

Marlins have sold their their stadium naming rights, “loanDepot park”

The “p” in park is indeed lowercase.

It could always be worse.

i disagree.

I was referring to it compared to us selling the naming rights to American Family.

I don't think the Marlins is near the worst ever though. I honestly don't think it can get worse than the White Sox field name coupled with the giant red downward arrow.

djoctagone doesn’t use uppercase letters when he posts...

Seems like they are also implying that the "in person" sausage races will be back as well?
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Ban on tailgates and the sausage race...two things that were dumb to ever be banned from the get-go. The sooner both are allowed and we can forget someone actually banned them the better.

i will admit the sausage race thing was dumb.

Banning tailgating was fine. Its more fun in the summertime anway. If it was resolved by June, I would have been OK with it. I think they did what they did just to prevent too man shenanigans on opening day.

Could it be that this tailgating bring back was all planned? Get rid of the paper tickets, food in the ballpark, and tailgating in light of Covid. Then triumphantly bring back tailgating a wee and the Sausage Race a week into the year. The more I think about it, the more it sounds like a scheme. Quietly, the other things rid of are not remembered as much.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Could it be that this tailgating bring back was all planned? Get rid of the paper tickets, food in the ballpark, and tailgating in light of Covid. Then triumphantly bring back tailgating a wee and the Sausage Race a week into the year. The more I think about it, the more it sounds like a scheme. Quietly, the other things rid of are not remembered as much.

No I don't think so.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

To have tailgating on Opening Day they would have had to be staffed to do so, which would have required knowing that a bit ahead of time and getting an OK from the city. The Covid tide turned rapidly and a lot of people got vaccinated quickly, then very recently the CDC issued new guidance on travel, "unnecessary safety theater", and Spring Break came and went or is ongoing. The climate changed fast. But the team always wanted tailgating, they needed the go-ahead from Milwaukee.

Due to looking like we're on the verge of another wave right now I could see them possibly scaling up on some restrictions, unfortunately.

Michigan is a disaster right now and Wisconsin is not trending in a good direction either.

Has anyone seen anything about when tickets beyond the Dodgers series will go onsale? Will be fully vaxxed soon and would like to hit up a game or two in May.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived