Brewer Fanatic

American Family Field AKA Miller Park

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
will anyone care if they win a WS and fly the flag over the field.

Nope. But the likelihood of the Brewers winning a WS anytime soon isn’t very great, so we have to focus on other things.

While I am ok with AmFam Field being the name of the stadium, I still feel that Miller Park aligned way more with the fans, the team, the city, and the state. It was perfect. AmFam Field is just “fine”. On the other hand, if it would have been named AmFam Field when it originally opened, I don’t think many would have complained.

Interesting that there doesn't seem to be any plans to change Miller Park Way.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/communities/southwest/news/2021/01/13/west-milwaukee-plans-keep-miller-park-way-despite-new-ballpark-name/6645304002/

I like the move. its confusing to change street names and its a ode to the old name. Brewers Blvd would have been OK, especially with the brewers paying for it. Guess just like the stadium name change, doesn't matter to me.

One guy said part of the reason he voted no on the name change was because of the ever changing ballpark name and didn’t want the name to constantly change.

Mind you...the proposed name change for the road was “Brewers Boulevard”.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Wonder if we could name it "Schlitz Park"? I'd even settle for "Blatz Field".

:)

I’d think that if either of these would have been the new name people would have been ecstatic. Maybe if I win one of those $900 million lotteries I’ll try to buy naming rights and use one of these.

Maybe if I win one of those $900 million lotteries I’ll try to buy naming rights and use one of these.

Yeah, but would you go with mtrebs field or mtrebs park? Maybe go old school, the mtrebs grounds, has a pretty nice ring to it.

No, I meant the Schlitz or Blatz names. Sure, I’d have to fork over some money for that as well, but whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
In retrospect why was it ever a dugout and why was it simply a steel box? Amazing it took two decades for them the make it look like something legit. Is the barrel actually returning or did they just give him a chalet?

that barrel is never coming back in 2021. I think they wanted to make something family friendly, but it was so bland. I can live without the barrel, I understand when that was put out it was a completely different time. Atleast some character is coming back to the ballpark, that could really only happen in Milwaukee.

Community Moderator
In retrospect why was it ever a dugout and why was it simply a steel box? Amazing it took two decades for them the make it look like something legit. Is the barrel actually returning or did they just give him a chalet?

I believe the goal was to make the mascot kid-friendly.

It's kind of amazing how the stadium looks now compared to when it opened 20 years ago. It was basically an empty warehouse back then compared with the shops/concessions/amenities that are offered now.

Back then the focus was on restaurants/suites/club seating, but it seems like the club/300 level was never as popular as intended. If they built the stadium today I bet they wouldn't even include it and would have lowered the 400 level and moved it closer to the field. New stadiums put the premium seating on the 100 level these days. The tailgate-style group areas have become a big revenue source that was not anticipated in the original design.

I am guessing the only reason the club level exists is because they wanted the second set of suites and might as well slap some seats with them. Adds to the variety of experience options I suppose.

I love those tailgate style areas.

Archived