Brewer Fanatic

American Family Field AKA Miller Park

well that's probably for a separate topic, but I don't see Miller completely pulling the plug on its operations, but you are correct its not a Milwaukee company at all. They still sponsor a lot of stuff in the area, and still have sponsorship deals with the brewers and all other local sports teams.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeing Miller shrinking their namesake overall makes me think they didnt reup their deal because of their own branding issues and not because they didnt want to keep the same level of sponsorship as before

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Yeah. They certainly made that look astoundingly crappy.

I don't know about crappy. I was thinking more "meh".

I don't think it's crappy if it's done by you or me or even as a small-scale/local business logo. With the resources available to the Brewers and American Family, though, that's an astoundingly bad graphics department effort.

Community Moderator

I understand the reason...American Family has a boring logo so there isn't really much that can be done design-wise without taking attention away from the paying customer.

Anyway, I assume it will be similar to the change to T-Mobile Park in Seattle where they didn't spend a penny more than they had to on new signage/integration of the new logo. There are a lot of details that need to be changed inside the ballpark and it will be done as quick and cheap as possible. After all, you never know when American Family is going to get acquired or do some corporate branding change or sell the naming rights, which will require redoing all the signs again.

At least, I could imagine much worse. The structure wasn't named for Monkey Knife Fight!

Or this...

CwLthRvW8AAXQgS?format=jpg&name=small

Without argument this is the worst stadium/field name in the history of sports. After the deal was agreed upon Guaranteed Rate eventually designed their logo and sent it to the White Sox. As one would imagine the White Sox were mortified and tried convincing them to change the arrow to look like a Homeplate.

The response they got back:

"Deal with it. Just pretend it refers to Chris Sale’s ERA instead."

We should be grateful they didn't put the word 'insurance' in there and the fact they took the Brewers colors for it.

Community Moderator
Guaranteed Rate clearly wanted the extra press that would come with an ugly logo. In the end the White Sox look like idiots for not negotiating the logo before the papers were signed and Guaranteed Rate gets millions of extra dollars worth of attention.

Community Moderator

As for the Am Clam logo they should have easily put a brick texture where the boring blue "Field" stripe is. But, whatever.

And yes, I will be referring to the Brewers' stadium as the "Am Clam" from now on.

Are there any corporate stadium logos others do like? From what I've seen most corporations want their logo to be unaltered (including color) and to serve as the clear centerpiece.

Someone took a stab at it 6 years ago and did some cartoonish MLB stadium logos that were sort of fun:

Redesigned MLB Stadium Logos (scroll down the page for the larger versions)

If you liked those, here is the NFL stadium logos version.

The designer that did those now works for a company that does actual team logos/branding.

One real-life stadium logo that comes to mind for me as decent is the updated Petco Park logo...

logo.png

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Are there any corporate stadium logos others do like? From what I've seen most corporations want their logo to be unaltered (including color) and to serve as the clear centerpiece.

Someone took a stab at it 6 years ago and did some cartoonish MLB stadium logos that were sort of fun:

Redesigned MLB Stadium Logos (scroll down the page for the larger versions)

If you liked those, here is the NFL stadium logos version.

The designer that did those now works for a company that does actual team logos/branding.

One real-life stadium logo that comes to mind for me as decent is the updated Petco Park logo...

logo.png

Quite A Few:

Busch Stadium

Citizens Bank Park

Comercia Park

Coors Field

Minute Maid (this one has their logo style, but some cool additions)

Oracle Park

PNC Park

T-Mobile Park (kinda slick even with the T-Mobile look)

I went through them all and about 7-8 them are hideous. Basically the company logo and/or doesn't use team colors...and then the remainder aren't named after a company so they aren't applicable. So I would say about 50% of the ones corporately bought are actually pretty cool.

Honestly, even though I’ll always call it Miller Park, I am ok with the new logo. I kind of even like it. It’s a surprise to me too! It fits in with the minimalistic logos of today. I like that they incorporated the Brewers colors vs. the Am Fam colors. I really can’t complain about it (again, which is very surprising!)

Archived