Brewer Fanatic

American Family Field AKA Miller Park

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not too bad of a name I suppose. If they refer to it as AmFam Field, I won’t mind it at all. That’s at least what I will refer to it as. I’m sure a lot of fans will continue to refer to it as Miller Park or call it AmFam Field instead of “American Family Field”. Hopefully the Brewers take that into consideration when making signs for the stadium and trying to sell the name change to the fans.

I'm glad that the Brewers are able to get more money in naming rights. There are so many financial services companies with their names on sports venues, so this isn't out of the ordinary. But it's ordinary. Beer is a lot more fun than an insurance policy.

• Glad the word 'insurance' isn't in the name.
  • Not a big fan of '... Field', feel like '... Ballpark' would have been better.
  • I think we're fortunate that this corporate name lends itself pretty well to a stadium. Many folks outside thre region probably won't be familiar with the company, so it will just have a generally wholesome ring to it, like Great American Ballpark.
  • Am Fam Clam is amazing
  • Strangely, the name Miller Park never seemed exactly right to me. Loved the connection to Miller, and got accustomed to it over time, but I don't know... something about the two words not fitting just right.

ETA: An important factor with the new sponsorship will be how understated vs gaudy the new signage will be. Hopefully it's done in a classy manner.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Calling a domed stadium a field doesn't seem right.... park, stadium, and ballpark seem better.

How many domed parks did you play in as a child? Just playing the semantics game. Also, in a baseball context a field is a field whether there's a roof over it or not. There are still outfielders and players still "take the field" or "field a grounder". Even when it used to be played on Astroturf, in a dome.

In an aside, listening to WTMJ radio on the way to work this morning and they were discussing the name change and what to call Miller Park Way going forward and one of them said they could keep the general name but call it Miller Parkway instead. I thought that was a pretty clever solution.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

As an Am Fam employee we have been getting a lot of updates and I am happy they ended up going with the "American Family Field" over some of the other longer options that were out there. Look for American Family to really start promoting community events through this partnership. American Family has been on a huge push to broaden there impact on communities through community service opportunities, dream banks, and partnerships with a lot of social improvement groups. Am Fam is already a huge sponsor for Summerfest and will be building a new office and community center in downtown Milwaukee soon.

As an Am Fam employee we have been getting a lot of updates and I am happy they ended up going with the "American Family Field" over some of the other longer options that were out there. Look for American Family to really start promoting community events through this partnership. American Family has been on a huge push to broaden there impact on communities through community service opportunities, dream banks, and partnerships with a lot of social improvement groups. Am Fam is already a huge sponsor for Summerfest and will be building a new office and community center in downtown Milwaukee soon.

I won't lie, when news first broke over the last year or so that it wouldn't be Miller Park anymore, I like many others wasn't a fan and it wouldn't have mattered what company would have the new naming rights. It wasn't long after, once I got a little more used to the idea, that I really thought American Family was possibly the best "2nd" choice. Not because I have AmFam insurance (I don't) or feel any particular tie, but it's just the words; American Family. We're Americans, we have families, families go to baseball games together. How do you argue with that? Pretty good name for a ballpark, pretty good name for a company. I'm glad they left the word Insurance out of it as well, that would have changed the feel.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

I won't lie, when news first broke over the last year or so that it wouldn't be Miller Park anymore, I like many others wasn't a fan and it wouldn't have mattered what company would have the new naming rights. It wasn't long after, once I got a little more used to the idea, that I really thought American Family was possibly the best "2nd" choice. Not because I have AmFam insurance (I don't) or feel any particular tie, but it's just the words; American Family. We're Americans, we have families, families go to baseball games together. How do you argue with that? Pretty good name for a ballpark, pretty good name for a company. I'm glad they left the word Insurance out of it as well, that would have changed the feel.

This, completely this...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Someone mentioned the Miller Park name not seeming quite right.

I have this hazy memory from about the time of the beginning of construction when Miller was announced as a sponsor. I think I read this in the State Journal or something. The name they first had in mind was The Miller Lite House, or something close to this.

This, completely this...

100% agree too. I am interested to see the signage outside the stadium. The big miller park sign on the roof looked so good. With a longer name and different script, i just hope it fits in as well.

I'm guessing I'll always call it Miller Park but we will see. It was a good name for that stadium and team. I have no real problem with American Family Field, it will just be hard to change my ways.

I don't know if this was mentioned but I saw someone tweet they will just call it the AM Fam Clam, and that made me laugh pretty good.

I didn't know Miller Park was named after Miller beer until about year 3 of the stadium. It just sounded like it was named after some guy whose last name was Miller. I was also in grade school at the time. I didn't know Great American Ballpark was named after a bank or whatever it is for a few years either, I thought it was just super patriotic. Neither of those names sound totally corporate. Same with American Family Field at least.

Archived