Brewer Fanatic

On Deck News

Not really sure where to put this, so I figured I would start a new thread.

In the past, the Brewers seemed to like breaking some type of transaction at Brewers On Deck. But recently, in 2018, they announced the Yelich trade and Cain signing I think the day before the On Deck event? And last year, I don’t think they did anything really shortly before, during, or after the event?

I wonder if they are breaking away from doing that unless last year was just an outlier. Unless I am just not recollecting the past couple offseasons correctly. But it’ll be interesting to see if they pull something off in the couple days leading up to the event or if they will announce something during the event this year to kick off 2020.

Personally, I think they've held off on announcing all the attendees for the reason that they aren't sure who's going to be on the roster yet. They've typically always announced the autograph schedule at least 10 days before the event and have not done so yet.

Personally, I think they've held off on announcing all the attendees for the reason that they aren't sure who's going to be on the roster yet. They've typically always announced the autograph schedule at least 10 days before the event and have not done so yet.

Hmmmm.....interesting. Let's hope that DS has something up his sleeve here this week.

Ya, I'm almost positive the Brewers don't intentionally make transactions right before the On Deck event to "excite the fan base" or to have something big to talk about at the event. Any transaction in the past that happened right before the event is almost surely coincidental.

I'm not expecting anything, but I won't complain, either, if something good happens. ^^ I agree that in the past the timing's merely been positively coincidental, not intentional, though they've shown that if they've been close to a deal (was it Garza that year?), they certainly know the value of trying to get it across the finish line right before On Deck.

Ya, I'm almost positive the Brewers don't intentionally make transactions right before the On Deck event to "excite the fan base" or to have something big to talk about at the event. Any transaction in the past that happened right before the event is almost surely coincidental.

Of course it isn't "intentional". But never underestimate the ego trip that Mark Attanasio gets by jumping up on stage and announcing a big move to a crowd that's already lathered up. I do think that the Brewers have been guilty at times in the past of waiting to announce big personnel acquisitions until right before or during this event. It's happened so often that it is probably no longer completely coincidental.

Wouldn't get my hopes up for anything significant before On Deck.

Or for the rest of the offseason unfortunately.

Oh well.

I'm encouraged by many of the moves they've made, though. The roster may not be as top heavy as 2019, but I think it stands a good shot of being a better team top-to-bottom overall. I am assuming, though, that guys like Woodruff, Houser and Hiura make a jump, and Cain rebounds. Lots of assumptions, but I don't think they team needs crazy, outlandish production to be a contender. Lots of very nice pieces in place.

Wouldn't get my hopes up for anything significant before On Deck.

Or for the rest of the offseason unfortunately.

Oh well.

I'm encouraged by many of the moves they've made, though. The roster may not be as top heavy as 2019, but I think it stands a good shot of being a better team top-to-bottom overall. I am assuming, though, that guys like Woodruff, Houser and Hiura make a jump, and Cain rebounds. Lots of assumptions, but I don't think they team needs crazy, outlandish production to be a contender. Lots of very nice pieces in place.

Lol well to be fair, On Deck is today.. so my first point was obvious.

I really wouldn't expect many moves; I think Castellanos may be a 1 year deal candidate with lack of interest on the market (similar to Moose and Grandal). Though, not even sure Brewers would do that. If he does decide to do the one year deal, I don't think he leaves Chicago (sox or cubs).

I have not spoken with my connection to the Brewers in about 3 weeks.. they've been busy.

Uh oh... ;)

From @JRRadcliffe:

Is there any breaking news? Brian Anderson asks David Stearns before the “meet the management” panel at #BrewersOnDeck

“No breaking news, not yet. Still working on a couple things.

I expect some additional starting pitching depth for sure. They are very thin there on both the ML club and in AAA, depending on your thoughts on Brown and Supak.

Uh oh... ;)

From @JRRadcliffe:

Is there any breaking news? Brian Anderson asks David Stearns before the “meet the management” panel at #BrewersOnDeck

“No breaking news, not yet. Still working on a couple things.

yay a couple more minor league journeyman pitcher signings on the way!

Archived