Brewer Fanatic

Twins Trade

alwz4gbp

Well, now that the Twins have landed Donaldson, they seem primed for a trade. If they are truly going for it and think they have a shot at the big boys, offer Hader. Their bullpen is weak and they think that they are in the upper echelon. (Ignore the fact that they beat up on the weakest division in baseball). Their system is pretty stocked and could offer what we need. Start with Luis Arraiz. Hes blocked. Ask for Arraiz, Kiriloff and a pitcher or two. Smokey, Healey, and the Nerd are short term and not moving the needle. Arraiz is on the MLB roster right away and Kiriloff is in the wings if Smoak isn't cutting it. Hader offers years of control and thats what we are getting in return. This improves the overall team, with an eye on the future.

Ok boys, let it rip!!

We do seem to match up well with the Twins for a potential Hader trade. I'll assume top prospect SS Royce Lewis is off limits.

It's still hard for me to see the Brewers essentially waving the white flag on the 2020 season before it even starts.

With that said, if the Twins are willing to include these two prospects as headliners, they would have my attention.

OF/1B Alex Kirilloff

RHP Brusdar Graterol

They would also need to add in 2 additional pieces from this list:

OF Trevor Larnach

OF/1B Brent Rooker

MI Luis Arráez

RHP Jordan Balazovic

LHP Lewis Thorpe

RHP Blayne Enlow

If nothing happens before the season starts, but the Brewers fall out of contention before end of July, the Twins sure have some nice pieces to net themselves Josh Hader.

The top of the Twins system looks so much more intriguing than the crap being thrown around in the Yankees rumors. I'd personally love to be able to pencil a bat like Kirilloff into the 1B hole long term. He is somewhat blocked by Sano now as well, even though I guess he can play the corner OF as well.

I personally don't see the trading of Hader as waving the white flag. I see it as selling a valuable piece who is at his peak value, while at the same time, plugging holes and overall, getting stronger. Hader is not that player that is going to make or break us. Is he great? Of course but to me, his value lies in what we can get to help how and in the future. One reliever isn't taking you to the world series. Now, if they were to trade Yelich, then that owuld be waving the white flag.

I personally don't see the trading of Hader as waving the white flag. I see it as selling a valuable piece who is at his peak value, while at the same time, plugging holes and overall, getting stronger. Hader is not that player that is going to make or break us. Is he great? Of course but to me, his value lies in what we can get to help how and in the future. One reliever isn't taking you to the world series. Now, if they were to trade Yelich, then that owuld be waving the white flag.

This is a terrific viewpoint to have on the situation. Hader's value is likely never going to be higher than it is right now. That said, I get the feeling that Hader won't be going anywhere unless a team puts together an offer that would be deemed as "paying through the nose". That would mean getting back several potential cornerstone pieces that would help both now and in the future.

We do seem to match up well with the Twins for a potential Hader trade. I'll assume top prospect SS Royce Lewis is off limits.

It's still hard for me to see the Brewers essentially waving the white flag on the 2020 season before it even starts.

With that said, if the Twins are willing to include these two prospects as headliners, they would have my attention.

OF/1B Alex Kirilloff

RHP Brusdar Graterol

They would also need to add in 2 additional pieces from this list:

OF Trevor Larnach

OF/1B Brent Rooker

MI Luis Arráez

RHP Jordan Balazovic

LHP Lewis Thorpe

RHP Blayne Enlow

If nothing happens before the season starts, but the Brewers fall out of contention before end of July, the Twins sure have some nice pieces to net themselves Josh Hader.

I would be open to a trade like this, as I do think that overall it makes our team better, with guys that are major league ready, highly regarded prospects. That being said, I'd like to see us spend some more money on FA RP if this were to happen. Perhaps Dyson or Kintzler

Dyson is a FA who's out with an injury for 2020.

Kintzler's been on 1-2 teams since he was last with the Twins and is also currently a FA.

To the earlier comment, Arraez IS the Twins' starting 2B. He's not blocked by anyone.

There was speculation on the radio here that they may bring Lewis up and shift Polanco to 2nd, thus displacing Arraiz.

The Twins quickly squashed that rumor last week or the week before. Lewis hit only .238/.289 at A ball and .231/.291 at AA ball. They are probably going to leave him at AA ball to start the new year and see if he can improve his bat. He is nowhere close to being major league ready. The GM said Arraez is their 2B.

Arraez is not an elite prospect aside from having a solid 366 PA in the majors last season.

I don't really see a match unless the Brewers front office really loves Kirilloff (a possible 1B-only guy who did not hit particularly well last year) and thinks he can rocket to in the majors by the end of 2020 while we are still in our Yelich Window. Not sure I would trade Hader for a player you have to be so optimistic about.

Alternatively, something centered around Hader for Sano could be interesting.

Ooh. Good bring up. Got quite enamoured by Donaldson signing forgot I had mentioned in Hader trade ideas the Twins could use him to counteract what the White Sox have done.

I'd have to go find my trade idea. But it is even a bigger better move towards WS aspirations vs. Winning division aspirations now. (Slightly counterproductive for Milw if goal is winning a WS)

Arraez is not an elite prospect aside from having a solid 366 PA in the majors last season.

I don't really see a match unless the Brewers front office really loves Kirilloff (a possible 1B-only guy who did not hit particularly well last year) and thinks he can rocket to in the majors by the end of 2020 while we are still in our Yelich Window. Not sure I would trade Hader for a player you have to be so optimistic about.

Alternatively, something centered around Hader for Sano could be interesting.

Along with having a solid 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017(though inj.), 2018, and 2019 minor league career. And being 22 years old. And the near fact that in today's MLB climate, anybody with bat to ball skills like that will almost inevitably develop more power as they mature (if they try to, anyway).

I love Arraez, and I love him even more if the fact that he's never been an elite prospect makes him cheaper to attain.

Could somebody explain the difference in prospect status between Luis Urias and Luis Arraez? How cool would it be to have a pair of near homophones with near identical profiles manning the middle infield for the next 6 years? We'd have to nickname them Righty and Lefty or something like that.

Twins love Arraez.

I don't think that would matter when you're talking about trading for one of the top relievers in the majors. The Brewers love Hader. We need to stop thinking about the prospective return for Hader being the other team's spare parts. The prospective return would, and should, sting for them.

While your prediction may be a fair value, I think they've gotta hold out for Kiriloff, Lewis or Arriaz as a headliner. With Hader, you must get quality in return, not necessarily quantity. Once more and more pieces are tossed into the trade scenario, it waters it down in my opinion. Those young guys might be very good in 4 years but that does us no good now.

I'd predict a Hader trade with the Twins would look something like:

Twins get: Josh Hader

Brewers get: RHP-Brusdar Graterol, 1B-Brent Rooker, RHP-Zack Littell, OF-Gilberto Celestino

If that is the kind of package the Brewers are looking at for Hader, I'd just keep Hader. Graterol has some nice upside, but a pitcher pushing 270 pounds as a 21-year-old is extremely scary. Rooker is a intriguing power prospect, but that K% is scary. Littell has the look of a back-end starter/long man. Celestino might be a future solid CF (his defense certainly plays), but he hasn't done a whole lot with the bat yet. He's only 20, though, so is probably 2-3 years away.

I'd predict a Hader trade with the Twins would look something like:

Twins get: Josh Hader

Brewers get: RHP-Brusdar Graterol, 1B-Brent Rooker, RHP-Zack Littell, OF-Gilberto Celestino

If that is the kind of package the Brewers are looking at for Hader, I'd just keep Hader. Graterol has some nice upside, but a pitcher pushing 270 pounds as a 21-year-old is extremely scary. Rooker is a intriguing power prospect, but that K% is scary. Littell has the look of a back-end starter/long man. Celestino might be a future solid CF (his defense certainly plays), but he hasn't done a whole lot with the bat yet. He's only 20, though, so is probably 2-3 years away.

Yeah, I'd say no to that deal. I think a twins trade would need to start with Lewis or Kirilloff as the headliner. That said, I am not even a huge Kiriloff fan.

We are not getting Lewis in a deal involving Hader.

Kirilloff / Balazovic / Duran for Hader / Turang is a fair deal.

Kirlloff reminds be of Lyle Overbay with little more power

So we trade Hader for a headliner that profiles similar to the 1b we just added for 5 million dollars. Not a lot of value in that.

Hader and Turang? No way. I don't care is Lewis is in the deal or not. Lewis, Kiriloff or Arriaz get talks started. Then they add more. The Brewers add nothing. You don't give up one of the premier relievers in the game with years of control left for "possibly" useful youngsters. Its gotta be something to help us now. Thats why I proposed startign with Arriaz. Hes somewhat proven. Could he flame out? Absolutely but I'm not taking lottery tickets for Hader. There is no sense of urgency to trade him, so you don't trade him or question marks.

Archived