Brewer Fanatic

Twins Sign Donaldson - Four Year/$92 Million

JDBrewCrew

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool! Glad to see the Twins going all in, and glad that Donaldson is out of the NL.

Ditto this.

Out of the NL is only a good thing for the Brewers, however, we do play them.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

$92 million over 4 years. Sad that the Brewers couldn’t top that.

So the rumors of him only accepting 4 years at $110 million were false? lol

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The Twins must be a larger market team then the Brewers

Minneapolis metro is 3.6 million. Milwaukee Metro is 1.6 million.

TV market is 1.697 million for MPLS vs 837,000 for MKE, so they got us beat there too.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-market-size-nfl-mlb-nhl-nielsen-ratings/

Quick googling also looks like the Twins owner has a net worth that is a couple two tree billion higher than Mark A, for whatever that is or isn't worth.

$92 million over 4 years. Sad that the Brewers couldn’t top that.

You could choose to look at it another way: The Braves, Nationals, Rangers, Dodgers, etc. all thought he wasn’t worth that much money. I’m willing to wager he didn’t sign with the Twins because they were the team he wanted to play for. He signed with them because they gave him the most money. Not sure why the Brewers should have valued him as much or more than the Twins did.

Disappointed - but then again, it's not my money to risk. :laughing

I'd have loved for the Brewers to be able to make a deal like that, but there's no way that it would have happened.

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

TV market is 1.697 million for MPLS vs 837,000 for MKE, so they got us beat there too.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-market-size-nfl-mlb-nhl-nielsen-ratings/

Quick googling also looks like the Twins owner has a net worth that is a couple two tree billion higher than Mark A, for whatever that is or isn't worth.

They also aren't competing with the Cubs and (lol) White Sox for fans. They have a pretty good grip of exclusivity on their territory.

Um, every team plays in a larger market than the brewers, so you are most definitely correct.

4 yrs $92 mil....that is actually less than I thought he would get. Still, probably too steep for the brewers in years by 1 and dollars by roughly $3 million per year.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This is the second highest contract ever for a player age 33 or older, per Rosenthal.

Risky. Time will tell. I'm personally glad the Brewers aren't the team taking that risk with a guy Donaldson's age. If the NL had the DH already, maybe I'd feel differently.

The Brewers have a big market outside of just Milwaukee Metro. They're a lot more Wisconsin's team than Milwaukee's team.

Archived