Brewer Fanatic

Luhnow and Hinch fired by Astros; Cora Out in Boston, Beltran Out in NY

liveforoctober
I mean... what? This is just flat out stupid stuff. They all should be banned from baseball. It's just that stupid.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know that Chris Russo isn't everybody's favorite. But it is so refreshing to hear this rant about the Astros --ON AN MLB NETWORK SHOW.

Contrast this with how the NFL tries to control every narrative and silence any criticism about their product. MLB is so vastly better than football in every way.

It's funny, I was feeling the exact opposite. The NFL does everything it can to protect the league, whether good or bad. Whatever MLB is trying to do here, it's only getting bad press and turning fans against players and teams. They've pretty much opened up pandora's box on what's been going on and they're going to find out how widespread it is and totally botch their handling of it. Just like with steroids.

I think it is pretty reasonable to assume he wanted to keep the jersey and the reason he took it off is to put it somewhere safe. Most notably safe from Gatorade showers. Maybe....maybe not. He probably had to go thank the ALCS MVP in the hallway too.

I guess in the grand scheme of it all, a buzzer or banging on the wall aren't totally different. But man, it just seems so much worse or more elaborate then. It shows so much more planning involved.

It may have some advantage. It’s quiet so you won’t get questioned for trash can banging. I also assume you can do it way more. I would guess they didn’t bang a trash can 24/7 as that would become real obvious something was up. It’s also a faster delivery to the hitter.

Quite the plan they had. I’d love for the buzzer things to be confirmed or squashed...but really seems they were. There were rumblings of players wearing electronics even before this all blew up. Astros might not have been the only team going to those extreme lengths.

I know that Chris Russo isn't everybody's favorite. But it is so refreshing to hear this rant about the Astros --ON AN MLB NETWORK SHOW.

Contrast this with how the NFL tries to control every narrative and silence any criticism about their product. MLB is so vastly better than football in every way.

It's funny, I was feeling the exact opposite. The NFL does everything it can to protect the league, whether good or bad. Whatever MLB is trying to do here, it's only getting bad press and turning fans against players and teams. They've pretty much opened up pandora's box on what's been going on and they're going to find out how widespread it is and totally botch their handling of it. Just like with steroids.

I guess I'd rather have that than some edict where everyone's reluctant to talk publicly about what they're saying privately. To me, the NFL protecting its shield almost always comes off like a corporate communications department "nothing to see here" kind of operation. I don't get that sense with MLB.

I believe MLB's official twitter account stated that there was no evidence of the buzzer/vibrating devices found during their investigation of the Astros.

Yeah, no buzzers, no nothing outside of what MLB shared. Just ignore the dumb twitter guy Jomboy. He’s pro Yankees. Just wait til their cheating news comes out.....

The video of Altuve coming home and grabbing his jersey is kind of sketchy. I thought nothing of it on first glance, but if you look closely you can definitely see something that looks like tape on the right side of his chest when he pulls his jersey out.

Has Justin Verlander commented on any of this yet? He of such high moral character must not have known anything about this happening or else he would have put a stop to it. Or at least sent a couple disappointed tweets.

Every single soul in that dugout knew. There is absolutely no way you don’t. Players had to of been talking about it all the time, there is literally a random dude chilling in the hallway of the dugout with a live feed, and it’s hard to ignore guys making music on a trash can.

Whispers that Yelich was doing some sort of sign stealing too

I hope not

Where is this? Other than that initial rumor on the Brewers months ago that was quickly dismissed?

Just read the Yahoo.com article about Brosius’s son and the whole Trout/HGH hoopla and Yelich and the Brewers were thrown out at the end.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The Yelich thing is in reference to Yu Darvish's tweet about stepping off when Yelich looked into the outfield while he was about to go into his delivery.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I don't really care about the cheating at all, but I'm absolutely devastated if this means Trevor Bauer was actually right about something :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I'm still thinking the "buzzer" thing is fake though.

I want it to be true, just for the chaos and to pass the time before the season starts. The hand-wringing and finger pointing and wild speculation is a lot of fun. Moreso than roster construction and who overpaid on contracts stuff. I want to see pics of suspicious wires and circumstantial evidence and hear players complaining about other players. That stuff is delicious, like when the Mitchell Report came out.

I want it to be true, just for the chaos and to pass the time before the season starts. The hand-wringing and finger pointing and wild speculation is a lot of fun. Moreso than roster construction and who overpaid on contracts stuff. I want to see pics of suspicious wires and circumstantial evidence and hear players complaining about other players. That stuff is delicious, like when the Mitchell Report came out.

I don't understand this type of thinking. I prefer less drama, not more, and it worries me that a controversy like this will only hurt the game.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I find it entertaining, in a WWE sort of way. Good guys and bad guys and heel turns. I like the rogue Twitter accounts who turn out to be right and the "the evidence was right there all along and we failed to see it" stuff.

The game is fine. It has endured gamblers, drug users, criminals, systemic racial exclusion, collusion, failed franchises and more. Baseball will be better for exposing the truth.

Now there are 3 good to great teams looking for a manager less than a month before pitchers and catchers report. That's interesting.

It's the dead of winter and there's baseball stuff to talk about instead of just politics and football.

Archived