Brewer Fanatic

I know that it's ESPN but...

anglotiger

This from Jeff Passan:

"In fact, the last January trade of great consequence was when Toronto dealt Vernon Wells to the Los Angeles Angels"

Christian Yelich says "Hi!"... :laughing

(this sort of thing is perhaps the real reason why comments were disabled on the ESPN site)

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

Wow. Jeff Passan of all people should know better.... unless the category is "trades that miraculously sent huge bad-contract money away from the previous team who foolishly and willingly had agreed to pay it."

Yet another great example of ESPN's uselessness.

I was at a bar for late lunch/early dinner recently & they were playing music but had one of those ESPN "everybody yells at everybody else" shows on the TV & it was actually pretty hilarious with no sound.

No sound is the best way to watch ESPN. It saves your sanity.

Or just not watch ESPN entirely aside from live sporting events. I stopped watching ESPN outside of live sports about 5 years ago and haven't missed it one bit. No SportsCenter, no talk shows, nothing but the occasional game. You make a good point though, even a MNF game featuring the Packers is infinitely better in a loud public place like a bar where you can't hear their terrible announcers.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wow. Jeff Passan of all people should know better.... unless the category is "trades that miraculously sent huge bad-contract money away from the previous team who foolishly and willingly had agreed to pay it."

Yeah Passan is usually pretty solid. And I wouldn't confuse ESPN.com with the cable tv channel. The website still has some really good reporters (although The Athletic kills everyone in that regard).

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Keith Law has left ESPN and is now at The Athletic. Law gets ripped with some justification, but he was still contributing baseball content at ESPN. Not sure if they're making less of a baseball commitment or if they'll backfill his position.

Pretty sure Sam Miller is still writing for the ESPN website & he is great.

The book he wrote with Ben Lindbergh (who I believe is at The Ringer), "The Only Rule Is It Has To Work", about the two of them taking over an Independent League team for a summer & applying analytic concepts is the best baseball book I've read of late.

Pretty sure Sam Miller is still writing for the ESPN website & he is great.

The book he wrote with Ben Lindbergh (who I believe is at The Ringer), "The Only Rule Is It Has To Work", about the two of them taking over an Independent League team for a summer & applying analytic concepts is the best baseball book I've read of late.

I'll second this. Great book!

Archived