Brewer Fanatic

30 Teams, 30 Predictions for 2020 Season

Here is what the MLB website “predicts” for us ...

Brewers: They will make a bigger move than you’re expecting.

The Brewers have a sharp, savvy front office, and their losses this offseason are a good sign something’s cooking.

https://www.mlb.com/news/big-predictions-each-mlb-club-2020?partnerId=zh-20200106-156907-47943&query_id=1026&bt_ee=gVtweShoztb3u32nHOY5LqB%2FxfPrwTaYbOvLhwrQj5n09GlQLVH0%2BwyyiZe4yy6P&bt_ts=1578314432023

I saw the old B&G logo too ...

I actually sent an email to customer service with The Athletic asking them to update the Brewers logo. I received a response within an hour & a promise it would be done ASAP. That was three weeks ago - still no change.

The Brewers have a sharp, savvy front office, and their losses this offseason are a good sign something’s cooking.

https://www.mlb.com/news/big-predictions-each-mlb-club-2020?partnerId=zh-20200106-156907-47943&query_id=1026&bt_ee=gVtweShoztb3u32nHOY5LqB%2FxfPrwTaYbOvLhwrQj5n09GlQLVH0%2BwyyiZe4yy6P&bt_ts=1578314432023

At this point, the only free agent huge move left is Donaldson, right?

Don't see that happening.

So would have to be a trade. Which other team is also going to be willing to send a great player to the Brewers before trading deadline? Don't see where we have a surplus of major league talent or minor league talent to make that done. Unless it is purely a salary ditch, which really isn't a huge move imo.

Don't see that happening.

My guess is a free agent reliever and a move for a 3B that is ready to try the majors for the first time or someone that is going to start the year in AAA, and we sign Todd Frasier as placekeeper.

I think MKE has enough to pull off a trade for a 3b if that's really the path they want to go. They could also afford a short term SP rental/1.5 year guy. The farm doesn't have a lot of ammo but they do have a few non-prospect prospects to trade. Turang is the prospect but Burnes Peralta could be of interest to a team that's 1 year into their rebuild. That's nothing to sneeze at.

I really don't see a "big" move coming. MKE has done a lot of under the radar stuff this year already. Lauer Urias Narvaez has been a pretty impressive haul.

I think MKE has enough to pull off a trade for a 3b if that's really the path they want to go. They could also afford a short term SP rental/1.5 year guy. The farm doesn't have a lot of ammo but they do have a few non-prospect prospects to trade. Turang is the prospect but Burnes Peralta could be of interest to a team that's 1 year into their rebuild. That's nothing to sneeze at.

I really don't see a "big" move coming. MKE has done a lot of under the radar stuff this year already. Lauer Urias Narvaez has been a pretty impressive haul.

I agree with the bolded part especially. Even though they're not star-quality names, there's potentially plenty of good that could come from those guys.

I see the potential of a big move coming, though I'm not convinced it would actually happen -- nor could I even hazard a guess as to what Stearns might have up his sleeve if something big were to happen. Trades have been much slower given much faster action on the FA market on all the mid-to-top tier names. I wouldn't be suprised if a potential trade logjam is loosed when Donaldson, Ozuna, and Castellanos sign.

They might not have expectations of a very large move at all...

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

Archived