Brewer Fanatic

Badger Recruiting

Mr Southpaw
Sticking to their core strengths is smart strategy. I can't blame WRs for not wanting to come to Wisconsin when you know they will constantly run the ball with that O-line. But Bucky always has the most success in years when they have enough of a passing game to prevent the D from stacking the box.

I'd think we'd be able to convince some WR'ers that with Mertz coming up at QB and a great running game, they'll get opportunities at Wisconsin.

But even if they're not elite recruits, we've seen the Badgers do plenty with lower ranked recruits. We've had top 10 teams when our classes were ranked in the 40's. I don't believe Cephus was a top prospect. And for that matter, I don't even think Jonathon Taylor was the top recruited Taylor we recruited that year.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The OL recruiting has been great, but they really need to focus on DBs for the rest of 2021 and 2022. They have one safety and one CB for 2021, one CB in 2020, and one safety and two remaining CBs from 2019. I know WRs can and do flip to DB, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of Crawford or Roberts gets flipped to DB, but you need depth in football as injuries can and do happen.

Aaaannnnd, just like that the Badgers pick up a 3-star CB out of Colorado.

2022 4-star safety Braelon Allen of Fond du Lac has reclassified to the class of 2021. That, along with OLB Darryl Peterson getting a bump up to a 4-star rating, now means they have ten 4-star rating recruits and one 5-star.

The only downside is if Allen gets bigger he may not be able to stay at safety. Some recruiting services were already classifying him as an ILB, and they have a whole bunch of ILBs from the 2019 (2), 2020 (2-4, depending on where Herbig and Zachman end up) and 2021 (2 already) classes.

It will be fun seeing them go back to the old NASCAR package (1 DL, 4-5 LBs) on passing downs, and teams having no clue which LB is going to blitz from where.

2022 4-star safety Braelon Allen of Fond du Lac has reclassified to the class of 2021. That, along with OLB Darryl Peterson getting a bump up to a 4-star rating, now means they have ten 4-star rating recruits and one 5-star.

The only downside is if Allen gets bigger he may not be able to stay at safety. Some recruiting services were already classifying him as an ILB, and they have a whole bunch of ILBs from the 2019 (2), 2020 (2-4, depending on where Herbig and Zachman end up) and 2021 (2 already) classes.

It will be fun seeing them go back to the old NASCAR package (1 DL, 4-5 LBs) on passing downs, and teams having no clue which LB is going to blitz from where.

I have seen him being classified as an OLB even if he has to become a LB the 2021 recruiting class just got a whole lot better.

• 1 month later...
Wow, that's a good get along with some other recent good WR pulls (especially compared to our normal level). Keep it going and get some higher ranked or more athletic CBs and maybe you can beat OSU more like 1/3 times instead of the current 1/10ish.

Archived