Brewer Fanatic

Harris to Nats on a 3 year deal

brewmann04

I’d like Steve Cishek, Brandon Kintzler, or Collin McHugh

I'm also flirting with the idea of Aaron Sanchez (absolutely not as a starter) and Taijuan Walker but these 3 are at the top of my list too.

8mil really isn't that steep for him. 3 years is a haul. I hope this RP market gets friendly and DS jumps in. I'm pretty sure if the RP market is tame (and it's seemed to be quieter than the SP market) MKE can pull in 4 RP types for around 15-18 mil and really solidify the pen. Super shuttle in AAA to start the year as well.

Wonder what this means for Hudson, not that I want him but I thought the Nats wanted to keep him. Did he over demand and the Nats went with an upgrade over caving to his demands?

Who's Harris? Isn't that the old dude from Major League?

Will Harris, who previously pitched for the Astros. From MLBtraderumors:

While Harris’ age is a natural question mark, he has a pretty clean injury history, with only two IL stints (totaling around six weeks in 2017 due to shoulder inflammation) over his nine MLB seasons. In that time, he has quietly posted some outstanding numbers, particularly as a member of Houston’s bullpen from 2015-19. Harris has a 2.36 ERA, 4.38 K/BB rate, and 9.5 K/9 over 297 innings, averaging 59 frames per season.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived