Brewer Fanatic

2020 Misc MLB News

sveumrules
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The Texas rangers through a temper tantrum and through behind the batter because Fernando tatis Jr broke an unwritten rule by swinging at a 3-0 pitch and hit a Grand slam with the Padres leading by 7 runs. I just can't. these unwritten rules have gotten beyond the point of ridiculous. what are you supposed to do? Just stand there and strike out looking? I'm not going to go back and look at the amount of times the last few years teams have come back from 7-run deficits but the amount of times it's happened is more than 0. This is absolutely bonkers. The fact that this is even being talked about is beyond stupid.it keeps getting said that baseball players have the thinnest skin of all professional athletes and they just keep getting worse. Pathetic.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Texas rangers through a temper tantrum and through behind the batter because Fernando tatis Jr broke an unwritten rule by swinging at a 3-0 pitch and hit a Grand slam with the Padres leading by 7 runs. I just can't. these unwritten rules have gotten beyond the point of ridiculous. what are you supposed to do? Just stand there and strike out looking? I'm not going to go back and look at the amount of times the last few years teams have come back from 7-run deficits but the amount of times it's happened is more than 0. This is absolutely bonkers. The fact that this is even being talked about is beyond stupid.it keeps getting said that baseball players have the thinnest skin of all professional athletes and they just keep getting worse. Pathetic.

Stole 3rd base today up by 6. Absolute legend. Love everything about him.

The Texas rangers through a temper tantrum and through behind the batter because Fernando tatis Jr broke an unwritten rule by swinging at a 3-0 pitch and hit a Grand slam with the Padres leading by 7 runs. I just can't. these unwritten rules have gotten beyond the point of ridiculous. what are you supposed to do? Just stand there and strike out looking?

The other side of the stupid coin is that by not swinging, Tatis could have easily walked, thus prolonging the beat down. Texas should want him to swing so that he perhaps GIDP.

I think the fact this his manager and teammates basically forced him to publicly apologize is somehow worse than the Rangers reactions.

I would think taking a bases loaded walk and standing there with the bat on your shoulder would be more annoying to the other team than swinging at pitches. Maybe that's just me.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. It's practically a no win situation.

He swings and jacks a bomb, he's breaking a rule.

He stands with the bat on his shoulder and gets walked, same deal.

Maybe the freaking pitcher should be held accountable for allowing it to happen in the first place.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Can’t fault Tatis. Throw strikes if you don’t want to get into that situation. You’re a big league pitcher on an MLB team. This isn’t little league. You’re grown men making millions to play baseball. If you can’t handle professional hitters swinging the bat, then I don’t know what to tell you. Pitch better and don’t put your team in that position to be down by a bunch of runs.

I would think taking a bases loaded walk and standing there with the bat on your shoulder would be more annoying to the other team than swinging at pitches. Maybe that's just me.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. It's practically a no win situation.

He swings and jacks a bomb, he's breaking a rule.

He stands with the bat on his shoulder and gets walked, same deal.

Maybe the freaking pitcher should be held accountable for allowing it to happen in the first place.

I’m not saying I agree with it, but isn’t the issue that he swung 3-0 and not that he swung in general? If he takes the 3-0 pitch and jacks a granny on 3-1, nothing would have been said.

Hate unwritten rules. If they’re that important write them down....otherwise stop whining and play the dang game. Pitcher tries to get batter out, batter tries to get a hit. Do your job better.

This idea of a team is entitled to your “mercy” in some weird fashion is a sad state and continues on with this whole whoa is me problem.

If you don’t want the other team to try, forfeit the game right then and there. Simple. If not shut up and play ball.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Former MLB pitcher Curt Schilling has been arrested in the same case for which Steve Bannon was arrested earlier today.

https://twitter.com/JRehling/status/1296522656716484608

Tweet was deleted.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Kyle Cody, a Wisconsin native of Chippewa Falls, got called up to the big leagues with the Rangers today. He has had an improbable road road to the bigs being drafted three times (late rounds, 2nd, and 6th) and despite a promising start to his career it was derailed by injuries. He has only pitched 5 rookie balls innings (2018) since 2017 and has never pitched above A+ ball.

The Rangers were mad about Tatis Jr.s grand slam in the first game of the series. The series is now in its fourth game and the Padres have hit a grand slam in each game.

“Welcome to Slam Diego”! Pretty cool quote from their broadcast last night after their 4th grand slam in as many days.

I was just flipping through Hulu and saw the Orioles were playing at the Rays. They showed the Orioles' defense and I am not joking that I do not know a single player playing in the field for the Orioles.

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2020/09/01/benches-clear-after-aroldis-chapman-throws-101-mph-squarely-at-mike-brosseaus-head/

Honestly, Aroldis Chapman should be arrested and charged with attempted aggravated assault. He wouldn't likely get convicted, but that's not the point. Maybe something like that needs to happen at some point to drive home the point that this is not okay. Brosseau could literally have been killed.

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2020/09/01/benches-clear-after-aroldis-chapman-throws-101-mph-squarely-at-mike-brosseaus-head/

Honestly, Aroldis Chapman should be arrested and charged with attempted aggravated assault. He wouldn't likely get convicted, but that's not the point. Maybe something like that needs to happen at some point to drive home the point that this is not okay. Brosseau could literally have been killed.

MLB won't do anything about it. Maybe a fine and even less likely a game or two suspension. Tampa should just refuse to play tonight. That's what it will take for MLB to actually do something.

Archived