Brewer Fanatic

2020 Misc MLB News

sveumrules
Clearly I'm wired differently than the guys that engage in this 'frat boy-like' behavior, but I've truly never understood what he/men that do this think is the likely/expected outcome of doing this, especially when the woman has rejected other advances already. Raging stupidity.

And yeah, it's remarkable that the Mets are just finding out about this now.

I came in to post the same thing. I cannot understand how anyone would think sending pictures of an erect penis to someone would be welcomed. People are crazy!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update from Mets owner Steven Cohen:

We have terminated Jared Porter this morning. In my initial press conference I spoke about the importance of integrity and I meant it. There should be zero tolerance for this type of behavior.

LOL, Steven Cohen lecturing about integrity. What a joke!

I would be curious to know if anyone in the Cubs front office was made aware of this behavior in the weeks after it occurred. Sounds like these Porter messages have been known about in certain circles for a few years.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

We have terminated Jared Porter this morning. In my initial press conference I spoke about the importance of integrity and I meant it. There should be zero tolerance for this type of behavior.

Hey now, Steve Cohen didn't get 14 billion buckaroo banzais by acting without integrity.

Every single one of his dollars was ethically sourced & now lives a peaceful free range lifestyle.

I would be curious to know if anyone in the Cubs front office was made aware of this behavior in the weeks after it occurred. Sounds like these Porter messages have been known about in certain circles for a few years.

The Cubs released a statement and the answer is no.

Based on the reporting to this point it would appear the only person who knew about this other than Porter and the person to whom the texts were sent was an employee of the company the recipient worked for.

Hey now, Steve Cohen didn't get 14 billion buckaroo banzais by acting without integrity.

Every single one of his dollars was ethically sourced & now lives a peaceful free range lifestyle.

Don't forget about these-

https://www.wsj.com/articles/steve-cohens-point72-settles-with-female-employee-in-gender-discrimination-arbitration-11600375911

https://sports.yahoo.com/mets-owner-steve-cohen-accused-using-vulgar-sexist-language-at-hedge-fund-in-discrimination-suit-020202167.html

Clearly I'm wired differently than the guys that engage in this 'frat boy-like' behavior, but I've truly never understood what he/men that do this think is the likely/expected outcome of doing this, especially when the woman has rejected other advances already. Raging stupidity.

And yeah, it's remarkable that the Mets are just finding out about this now.

It's an act of desperation imo...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This looks worse for the Cubs than the Mets, no?

How many people knew he ever worked for the Cubs? I didn't.

The Mets had to fire their GM right after hiring him this year and last year they had to fire their manager right after hiring him. I don't think anyone should "look bad" other than the guy but it would certainly be the Mets here.

• 2 weeks later...
Talk of a new offer from MLB to the players

154 game season. Start a month later and go an extra week in the fall. Expanded playoffs. And UDH

Just curious if they would still do the split Spring Training (pushing back all levels under AAA even further).

Anyone know??

• 3 months later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Just a heads up, These posts have gotten on the 2020 miscellaneous news thread as opposed to the 2021 thread.

Thanks. I'll lock this thread and move them.

In everyone's defense, 2020 and 2021 seem like one giant year :)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived