Brewer Fanatic

2020 Misc MLB News

sveumrules

I know it's still 2019, but I was messing around with the Brewers franchise leaderboards & came across this tidbit so figured I'd fire up the 2020 Misc MLB News thread a couple two tree days early.

There are 137 Brewers with at least 500 PAs. Nine of them have a wRC+ of exactly 113. They are, in alphabetical order...

Ollie Brown, Chris Carter, Rob Deer, John Jaha, Geoff Jenkins, Carlos Lee, Alex Ochoa, Danny Walton & Robin Yount.

Happy not quite new year yet.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Athletics signed INF/OF Nate Orf to a minor league contract.

The 29-year-old spent the first seven seasons of his professional career in the Brewers' organization -- most recently slashing .272/.399/.410 with 11 homers, 54 RBI and 11 stolen bases in 125 games at Triple-A San Antonio in 2019. He'll add depth and versatility for the A's.

Source: Baseball America

Jan 4, 2020, 5:59 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Mark Feinsand of MLB.com reports that the Orioles have agreed to a one-year deal with free agent shortstop Jose Iglesias.

Feinsand also reports that the deal will have a 2021 mutual option that could make the contract two years for $6 million. A strong defender up the middle, the 30-year-old spent last year with the Reds, and he hit .288/.317/.407 with with 11 homers and 59 RBI in 146 games. Iglesias should be the everyday shortstop for Baltimore, and he could hit at or near the top of the lineup for the rebuilding Orioles in 2020.

RELATED: Baltimore Orioles

SOURCE: Mark Feinsand on Twitter

Jan 6, 2020, 3:08 PM ET

Community Moderator
I wish the Brewers would release the damn promo schedule already. It's a month late already.

They also need to move up single game ticket sales to early December so that people can buy them for Christmas. I get Mariners tickets for Christmas almost every year.

I wish the Brewers would release the damn promo schedule already. It's a month late already.

Agreed! I am hoping that the tardiness means they are working on some good ones...

I think it's a safe bet that most of the 9 bobbles will be in commemoration of the 50 year anniversary.

Who knows what they plan for the special event bobbles, only the Cain Star Wars has been released.

SSH bobble is Woodruff.

That is all I know about.

They also need to move up single game ticket sales to early December so that people can buy them for Christmas. I get Mariners tickets for Christmas almost every year.

I've always found that so strange. They release the 4 packs but it seems like they are really missing out on a gifting opportunity. The 4 pack is basically the only non season package you can buy for someone on the biggest retail holiday of the year.

I think it's a safe bet that most of the 9 bobbles will be in commemoration of the 50 year anniversary.

I kind of feel like a Cain Gold Glove is a given. Yelich (Hank Aaron) & Hader (Trevor Hoffman) also could get bobble-ized for their respective awards. Also wouldn't be surprised by a Simmons HOF.

& can we please get a Teddy Higuera? Seems a lil strange that arguably the best pitcher in franchise history hasn't gotten the bobble treatment by now.

If they do sort of a franchise greatest hits for the 50th I would guess Selig, Uecker, Aaron, Fingers, Molitor, Yount, Fielder, Braun & Yelich as the line up.

I kind of feel like a Cain Gold Glove is a given. Yelich (Hank Aaron) & Hader (Trevor Hoffman) also could get bobble-ized for their respective awards. Also wouldn't be surprised by a Simmons HOF.

& can we please get a Teddy Higuera? Seems a lil strange that arguably the best pitcher in franchise history hasn't gotten the bobble treatment by now.

If they do sort of a franchise greatest hits for the 50th I would guess Selig, Uecker, Aaron, Fingers, Molitor, Yount, Fielder, Braun & Yelich as the line up.

I want, and have always wanted a Juan Nieves No Hittrer bobble. The perfect compliment would be a diving Yount to save the no hitter...

It would actually be cool and make some sense to do special moments for the bobbleheads. I doubt they do it...but maybe a few might be. It isn't like they haven't done countless bobbleheads of most formers players of note.

I gave up long ago on thinking the team gives one crap about actually good bobbles. I just accept the free gift and say thanks. The sole reason for these is selling more tickets, and it works. Their target demo doesn't care about Juan Nieves. There's a reason we've gotten 25 Brauns and Younts. They throw a bone once every few years with Vaughn or something but it's rare. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll finally get it right for the 50th. I hope.

You can pencil in Yelich getting another one if not. If they want to go down memory lane it's beyond time to get a Cirillo.

Already did a Selig so I doubt he warrants another. Did a Fielder last year, for what reason, God only knows, so I doubt they do back to back Fielders.

All that you mentioned have had bobbles, most multiple, so I am really hoping they get more creative this time around.

I,d like to see one of Moose with the ball hitting the Rav4 in the background. They usually get businesses to sponsor the give aways, maybe Toyota would cover this one.

Moose definitely had some nice moments as a Brewer, but they aren't going to do a bobble of the current Cincinnati Reds' 2B.

"Unless I was living under a rock during my time with the brewers, we did have an extra camera, an algorithm or buzzers... 90% of the guys didn’t even want the pitch called from a guy who did pick the signs at 2nd. Using video work to pick up tendencies or “tips” from the pitcher"

Zach Davies tweeted that about 5 minutes ago. He since deleted it, but I wonder if that's because of the obvious error in bold. Clearly intended the word to be "didn't". Considering at this point he's a former Brewer, gives some credibility to us playing by the rules.

I,d like to see one of Moose with the ball hitting the Rav4 in the background. They usually get businesses to sponsor the give aways, maybe Toyota would cover this one.

Moose definitely had some nice moments as a Brewer, but they aren't going to do a bobble of the current Cincinnati Reds' 2B.

They did a CC Sabathia in 2010 when he was a Yankee...

The Cardinals and Rockies have conducted trade talks in a potential deal for Nolan Arenado.

Bruce Levine of radio station WSCR 670 AM heard from a source that the potential return heading from St. Louis to Colorado would include starting pitcher Dakota Hudson, closer Carlos Martinez, outfielder Tyler O'Neill and prospect pitcher Matthew Liberatore. The Cardinals would also be responsible for most or all of the $234 million remaining on Arenado's contract. The two teams are likely not close to a deal at this time.

Jan 11, 2020, 4:04 PM ET

The Cardinals and Rockies have conducted trade talks in a potential deal for Nolan Arenado.

Bruce Levine of radio station WSCR 670 AM heard from a source that the potential return heading from St. Louis to Colorado would include starting pitcher Dakota Hudson, closer Carlos Martinez, outfielder Tyler O'Neill and prospect pitcher Matthew Liberatore. The Cardinals would also be responsible for most or all of the $234 million remaining on Arenado's contract. The two teams are likely not close to a deal at this time.

Jan 11, 2020, 4:04 PM ET

Archived