Brewer Fanatic

When does Stearn's contract expire?

Soupbone
Stearns has been doing a magical job as GM of the Brewers during his tenure but I think he has been given too much of the credit for the Brewers playoff seasons the last two years.

Personally I think manager Craig Counsell has not received

enough credit for their success.

I think Craig is more important to the future of this franchise and believe he will still be at the helm of this team the next time they make a trip to the World Series

I think the opposite is true, personally. I think Craig is riding Stearns and the organizational philosophy’s coattails, but that’s just IMO.

And I'll offer the 3rd perspective that both excel because of the other. I believe the way they construct a roster and how that roster is deployed in games is in total lockstep with one another. Each could easily be saddled with a lesser companion elsewhere and achieve less in spite of their individual talents.

I just wonder if he would like to move on to an organization that spends more money on payroll? Can you trade a person in his position?

I almost think the Brewers have the advantage to keeping a guy like Stearns as long ad they can pay him adequately. The challenge of winning with Milwaukee and the "restraints" we have is a much bigger puzzle to solve and someone like Stearns probably enjoys the harder puzzle over the easier one.

For many many years if we all wanted a World Series team as fans we could have just jumped allegiances and cheered for a perennial contender. It is a bigger challenge to stick with your team through the pain... but also more fun.

I don't think Stearns would have as much fun, as an artist, going to New York and just signing the most expensive guy out there everytime. The numbers and creative aspects of your brain get shut off in a sense.

Archived