Brewer Fanatic

When does Stearn's contract expire?

Soupbone

I'm fairly certain Stearns has his sights set on a higher profile franchise. Sometimes I think he's already basing decisions on trying to impress his next employer more that he is in growing the Brewer brand. Remember when some fan got into it with Mike Holmgren in his last year in GB when his focus was more on his next job? Nothing wrong with ambition but Attanasio needs to be careful not to put all his faith on one guy. This has been a tumultuous offseason for a team coming off back to back playoff seasons. Most national experts seem to think the Brewers lost too much talent and that the hodgepodge approach of replacing that talent will not be successful. Stearns clearly seems to be gambling on himself. You don't take the kind of risks he has unless you are looking for an even bigger payoff. If it fails, he can simply shift blame to the budget he had to work with. It it works, he can price himself right out of Milwaukee.

Most national experts seem to think the Brewers lost too much talent and that the hodgepodge approach of replacing that talent will not be successful. Stearns clearly seems to be gambling on himself.

We've exceeded the expectations of even the most astute national experts every season since Stearns & company got here.

What to you may clearly seem to be Stearns gambling on himself, to me clearly seems to be Stearns & company using the same processes they've been employing to find value & beat the projections the last four years running.

Most national experts seem to think the Brewers lost too much talent and that the hodgepodge approach of replacing that talent will not be successful. Stearns clearly seems to be gambling on himself.

We've exceeded the expectations of even the most astute national experts every season since Stearns & company got here.

What to you may clearly seem to be Stearns gambling on himself, to me clearly seems to be Stearns & company using the same processes they've been employing to find value & beat the projections the last four years running.

I agree, strongly. And would add that Stearns seems to be clearly working within the parameters of a limited payroll.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

My favorite part of the offseason is when we start discussing GM trades

Funny. LOL. However, I will say that I am appreciative that we have discussion in the off-season. I, for one, am happy for that. I hope it keeps rolling into spring training. Let's keep talking ball into the dead of the winter.

My favorite part of the offseason is when we start discussing GM trades

Funny. LOL. However, I will say that I am appreciative that we have discussion in the off-season. I, for one, am happy for that. I hope it keeps rolling into spring training. Let's keep talking ball into the dead of the winter.

Agreed, quite enjoy it when it gets to this point honestly

By most accounts he could’ve had the Giants or Mets jobs over the last year, doesn’t get much bigger market than that. You’d assume he got some feelers thrown out on him too that never got public by plenty larger teams. He’s not going anywhere for awhile, imo.

The Mets were his childhood team and I thought there was a chance they might pry him away previously, but when they were instead interviewing Doug Melvin and an active agent I felt much better about the fact he wasn’t going to be a match for them in the foreseeable future. I think (hope) Stearns wouldn’t be seriously interested in a VP job with the Mets until they have a much more stable ownership situation (something that doesn’t appear to be a given with the new primary owner).

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Didn't MA block him from talking to the Giants?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm fairly certain Stearns has his sights set on a higher profile franchise.

Show ANY proof of this please.

he has seemed nothing but happy here. yes maybe sometime he will want to go somewhere with less financial restraints or closer to home, but that doesn't necessarily equate to any better chance of winning.

Stearns has been doing a magical job as GM of the Brewers during his tenure but I think he has been given too much of the credit for the Brewers playoff seasons the last two years.

Personally I think manager Craig Counsell has not received

enough credit for their success.

I think Craig is more important to the future of this franchise and believe he will still be at the helm of this team the next time they make a trip to the World Series

Stearns has been doing a magical job as GM of the Brewers during his tenure but I think he has been given too much of the Brewers playoff seasons the last two seasons.

Personally I think manager Craig Counsel has not received

enough credit for their success.

I think Craig is more important to the future of this franchise and believe he will still be at the helm of this team the next time they make a trip to the World Series

The Brewers should keep them both.

Archived