Brewer Fanatic

Mets, Dellin Betances agree to terms

miggs721

I’m not one to lament not getting a player, but I was really hoping Stearns could get him to sign with Milwaukee.

Heyman was saying that he only wanted to play in NY, specifically the Mets. Players gotta want to play for Milwaukee which isn’t always the case.

I’m not one to lament not getting a player, but I was really hoping Stearns could get him to sign with Milwaukee.

Heyman was saying that he only wanted to play in NY, specifically the Mets. Players gotta want to play for Milwaukee which isn’t always the case.

Yes that is indeed a fact.

I assume the Mets will no longer be interested in Hader. I was hoping for a trade that would land McNeil & prospects & possibly a SP.

Glad we're keeping Hader to be honest. The one way I see us trading him in at this point is if the Dodgers land Lindor and Clevinger for a package not including Lux.

In that scenario I think LA might be more willing to part with Gavin for the "last piece" to a WS caliber roster, and if so the Brewers and Stearns should do it.

Lux- Urias - Hiura would be an awesome young trio.

So he earns 10.5mil if he does what he did last year and step on the mound and tear his achilles. Or, he earns 7.5mil but then 6mil player option increases to 6.8 at 40 games, 7.8 at 50, 8.8 at 60, and 9.8 at 70games appeared in 2020. And then for 2022 he has a player option that only begins at 1mil when he hits 50games in 2021, jumps to 3mil at 60games, and 6mil finally at 70 games. Only a 1mil buyout.

So trying to figure this out it sounds like a max 2/18.3mil deal. I don't see why the Mets would buy him out for 2022 if he reaches 50 games in 2021 and if Betances reaches 50games I'd imagine he's not exercising a 6mil option for his efforts. Kinda odd the way it's structured that Betances can really earn his keep in 2020, but then he's not exactly influenced to earn his higher pay in 2021 with such a weak reward in 2022.

Archived