Brewer Fanatic

Relief Pitchers, 12/24

This re-tooling year may be the year to find out about some of these pitchers.

I guess that's where we clash. Re-tooling year? I read that as you see it as a down year and I don't see a down year team. I see a team with different connecting pieces. Different stuff but the same capabilities. If this was a rebuild year, yeah toss them in and see what sticks. No problem. This is year 3 of 5 where MKE has to contend. When you are looking to contend I feel these guys should have to force their way into the majors. I think 1-2 of them might be able to do just that. I still want to give the initial 8 spots to guys who have a better track record or have cheap upside before going to the AAA pen.

Why, because having a full MLB pen and a full AAA pen of legitimate options makes it very likely that the MLB pen will be very good by seasons end.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't mind seeing them take a chance on Arodys Vizcaino. He had his shoulder cleaned up last April, and could be quite a bounce back candidate. Not sure why he's still out there. Also, Aaron Sanchez is another player I like as a bounce back candidate. I think the one place on our roster where we definitely need to improve, it's our pitching.

I wouldn't mind seeing them take a chance on Arodys Vizcaino. He had his shoulder cleaned up last April, and could be quite a bounce back candidate. Not sure why he's still out there. Also, Aaron Sanchez is another player I like as a bounce back candidate. I think the one place on our roster where we definitely need to improve, it's our pitching.

A healthy Vizcaino would really be an asset . The problem is his health. He's been on the DL six times with arm or shoulder problems and he's coming off labrum surgery last year. If he came at a bargain basement price it would be worth a chance.

I don't know what Sanchez can bounce back from? His last good year was in 2016. The last three years he's been terrible. Imo the Crew has many, many better options to look at.

Houser, Peralta, Suter, Kneble, Hader. Claudio, Burnes, Brown, Supak, Derby? Theres a lot there still removing one for the rotation. And thats off top of my head or recent look for Rotaion. Devin Williams is another.

We have zero idea if Burnes can get his head or control straight.

Brown seems to be trending to the pen like many believe he was meant to become when the Crew drafted him.

Supak got destroyed in AAA and I can't imagine handing a rotation spot or pen spot to him at this point.

Derby? MKE refused to use Wilkerson, why on earth would they trust Derby?

The only 2 guys you can actually look to at this time for the rotation that aren't in the rotation are Suter and Peralta. Both are in the pen as of now. Even though talk of Peralta improving his CB and adding a SL should give us all hope he can start and push Houser back into the pen.

They need more arms. They can't be as close to flinging stuff at the wall as they currently are if they want the early season to be different than last year.

As of now

Woodruff Anderson Lindblom Houser/Peralta Lauer

Hader Suter Peralta/Houser Black

Is what they have, everything else is an unknown. That's not deep enough. They need to add arms to this. You can't just plunk 4 arms like Claudio Devin Feyereisen and Wahl in there and expect it to just work out.

Archived