Brewer Fanatic

Arcia trade value

jjfanec
At this point it feels like Arcia is gone. What is his trade value? Could he bring in a solid reliever? I doubt he brings in a starter who is any more than a reclamation project. Not sure what type of prospect you could get for him. I would lean toward a reliever.

At this point it feels like Arcia is gone. What is his trade value? Could he bring in a solid reliever? I doubt he brings in a starter who is any more than a reclamation project. Not sure what type of prospect you could get for him. I would lean toward a reliever.

Reclamation project? In the Stearns era, I'll quote Pippen, "That doesn't sound so bad."

The next Wade Miley/Gio Gonzalez/Jordan Lyles would not be a bad thing for the Crew.

Arcia has been a negative WAR player each of the last two years and has no trade value. The Brewers would not get more than one fringe prospect for him. I firmly believe that he is in the Brewers plans for 2020, if he wasn't they just wouldn't have offered him arbitration like they did with so many other players.

Little to nothing. Contenders won't have any interest. If there's any market for Arcia it's a team that is a year or two away with a big hole at SS and just needs a stopgap with possible upside for more.

If you could get a decent older reliever or lottery ticket prospect I'd be thrilled.

Arcia has been a negative WAR player each of the last two years and has no trade value. The Brewers would not get more than one fringe prospect for him. I firmly believe that he is in the Brewers plans for 2020, if he wasn't they just wouldn't have offered him arbitration like they did with so many other players.

There was one offseason where we signed Gennett only to let him go to the Reds during spring training. Plans are always fluid, and so if we believe Arcia is worth anything at all it in trade it would make sense to offer him arbitration for a pretty low amount. I don't think it guarantees he's in their plans for 2020.

I wonder if the Mariners would be a fit:

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trades/trade-19159/

Brewers get:

3B Kyle Seager

LHP Justus Sheffield

Mariners get:

SS Orlando Arcia

It is viewed as a minor overpay by the Brewers by Baseball Trade Values, but I doubt that site factors in the park factors.

I actually thought about the Segura+/Crawford+ trade between Philly and Seattle last year when I saw this thread title. So not sure if Seattle specifically would be interested, but something of a similar situation. Probably not fair to comp Arcia and Crawford, but both were highly-ranked ss prospects who haven't lived up to expectations thus far.

Archived