Brewer Fanatic

Justin Smoak to the Brewers

Bombers

The point is that winning is not what gets MOST, key word MOST people to MP. A website like this has a naturally inflated sense of the importance of this. A team like MKE cannot sustain itself relying on winning. It is the tailgate culture and climate controlled drinking + affordable family fun that's getting most people out on a given day. Not seeing a winner.

Umm, most of us peasants do not consider major league baseball as affordable at all

lol you beat me to it.

Far from affordable, in fact, it is down right expensive to go to a game at all.

Tickets and parking alone are ridiculous. Add in gas money, food, drinks, etc and going to one game with 4 people traveling from Appleton will cost at least $200-$250, and that is with 400 level crappy seats.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get terrace reserve, tailgate, bring in your own snacks and it is not expensive at all....

Tailgating isn't cheap either, still have to buy all the fixins...Tickets, parking and gas money are still things that have to be paid for.

Not saying anything other than it isn't cheap to go to a game.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Get terrace reserve, tailgate, bring in your own snacks and it is not expensive at all....

Tailgating isn't cheap either, still have to buy all the fixins...Tickets, parking and gas money are still things that have to be paid for.

So like most things that people do as a family? I went to the zoo last summer after not going for a while. I could have gone to a Brewers game for less.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Any time you have to drive 100+ miles to a thing it's going to be pricey. The game itself can be done affordably.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Any time you have to drive 100+ miles to a thing it's going to be pricey. The game itself can be done affordably.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Especially when you consider so much of the seating at Miller Park still gives you great views of the field. I've only been to MP a few times, but I've walked around the entire stadium looking at perspective from each part and the sitelines are great. So there's no reason you can't economize in the lower priced seats. Being in LA I've been to a few games at Dodger stadium. Behind home-plate boxes was great, 1st base in the less expensive seats less great, upper deck - no comparison to the worst seat in Miller Park. Sure Dodger Stadium is pretty old. The point is not that Dodger stadium is old, but that Miller Park was designed to have great viewing from almost every location. Take advantage of that and save money by choosing the cheaper seats.

Especially when you consider so much of the seating at Miller Park still gives you great views of the field. I've only been to MP a few times, but I've walked around the entire stadium looking at perspective from each part and the sitelines are great. So there's no reason you can't economize in the lower priced seats. Being in LA I've been to a few games at Dodger stadium. Behind home-plate boxes was great, 1st base in the less expensive seats less great, upper deck - no comparison to the worst seat in Miller Park. Sure Dodger Stadium is pretty old. The point is not that Dodger stadium is old, but that Miller Park was designed to have great viewing from almost every location. Take advantage of that and save money by choosing the cheaper seats.

Tailgating can be done however you want it to be done.

You can buy a party size bag of doritos, burgers, buns, and some american cheese/ketchup (for multiple games) for $10/person. Throw in a 12-pack of Miller Lite for $10 to share among a few people. Even a 4 pack of good IPAs (I'd hope you only drink 2 in the lot) for yourself and maybe one other person is still only $7/person or so.

Or you can make fancy bloody marys and have too many drinks on hand with a full selection of meats and cheeses and everyone ends up paying $40-50.

Not saying there is anything wrong with the second choice or binge drinking :tongue in the parking lot but that's not something that the Brewers make unaffordable. That's on you.

I agree that almost anything in the stadium is overpriced at any ballpark. I personally go to 1-3 games/year and end up splurging on a few beers and a $12 sandwich inside but I'm only doing it a few times so it's not unaffordable. If I went to 10+ games a year, yeah...I'd be out a few hundred or grand on overpriced food/beer.

Tailgating can be done however you want it to be done.

You can buy a party size bag of doritos, burgers, buns, and some american cheese/ketchup (for multiple games) for $10/person. Throw in a 12-pack of Miller Lite for $10 to share among a few people. Even a 4 pack of good IPAs (I'd hope you only drink 2 in the lot) for yourself and maybe one other person is still only $7/person or so.

Or you can make fancy bloody marys and have too many drinks on hand with a full selection of meats and cheeses and everyone ends up paying $40-50.

Not saying there is anything wrong with the second choice or binge drinking :tongue in the parking lot but that's not something that the Brewers make unaffordable. That's on you.

I agree that almost anything in the stadium is overpriced at any ballpark. I personally go to 1-3 games/year and end up splurging on a few beers and a $12 sandwich inside but I'm only doing it a few times so it's not unaffordable. If I went to 10+ games a year, yeah...I'd be out a few hundred or grand on overpriced food/beer.

It always feels like when people tailgate, they end up throwing away more than they actually eat/use.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It always feels like when people tailgate, they end up throwing away more than they actually eat/use.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The point is that winning is not what gets MOST, key word MOST people to MP. A website like this has a naturally inflated sense of the importance of this. A team like MKE cannot sustain itself relying on winning. It is the tailgate culture and climate controlled drinking + affordable family fun that's getting most people out on a given day. Not seeing a winner.

Umm, most of us peasants do not consider major league baseball as affordable at all

lol you beat me to it.

Far from affordable, in fact, it is down right expensive to go to a game at all.

Tickets and parking alone are ridiculous. Add in gas money, food, drinks, etc and going to one game with 4 people traveling from Appleton will cost at least $200-$250, and that is with 400 level crappy seats.

Sorry but I am strongly in disagreement that MP isn't affordable. Especially if we are comparing it to other teams and live sports in MKE/GB.

Tickets are ridiculous? I don't even buy mine this way, but there are scalpers practically giving them away on many nights. There are multiple games a year where I have to sell mine on SH for the minimum allowed price of like $6. Then there are the million promoters giving them away with gas/pizza/ice cream/whatever.

The food and drinks are huge varied expenses; I mean for christ's sake, they allow you to grill a brat and walk into the park with it. You can buy peanuts at Target and carry them in. The amount of crap they let you get away with amazes me. You can buy advanced parking for $10-15, and if you don't want to do that, grab one of the hundred shuttles and ride free with a $3 PBR. If you don't tailgate, which I normally don't, there is no reason to pay anything at all to park.

I'll concede that I'm not driving from 3 hours away. But Miller Park is extremely affordable if you're willing to make it that way. I can get my family of 4 there on a Sunday for $65-$75 with just a little advanced planning. I'm not buying them all pizza and I'm packing lunches but we've done it many times.

I'm not sure it's fair to bring gas into the equation; where somebody lives isn't their fault.

lol you beat me to it.

Sorry but I am strongly in disagreement that MP isn't affordable. Especially if we are comparing it to other teams and live sports in MKE/GB.

Tickets are ridiculous? I don't even buy mine this way, but there are scalpers practically giving them away on many nights. There are multiple games a year where I have to sell mine on SH for the minimum allowed price of like $6. Then there are the million promoters giving them away with gas/pizza/ice cream/whatever.

The food and drinks are huge varied expenses; I mean for christ's sake, they allow you to grill a brat and walk into the park with it. You can buy peanuts at Target and carry them in. The amount of crap they let you get away with amazes me. You can buy advanced parking for $10-15, and if you don't want to do that, grab one of the hundred shuttles and ride free with a $3 PBR. If you don't tailgate, which I normally don't, there is no reason to pay anything at all to park.

I'll concede that I'm not driving from 3 hours away. But Miller Park is extremely affordable if you're willing to make it that way. I can get my family of 4 there on a Sunday for $65-$75 with just a little advanced planning. I'm not buying them all pizza and I'm packing lunches but we've done it many times.

I'm not sure it's fair to bring gas into the equation; where somebody lives isn't their fault.

Archived