Brewer Fanatic

Lux for Hader, new rumor...

TURBO

Pretty sure this rumor came from a post in the "3B Options" thread in this very forum. :laughing

It makes little sense for either team. The Dodgers don't need relief help that badly, and the Brewers would be making themselves worse during the window of having Yelich (Lux is not helping anybody for a while yet)

I highly doubt they trade Hader but if they do it will be for MLB assets, probably starting pitching.

Pretty sure this rumor came from a post in the "3B Options" thread in this very forum. :laughing

It makes little sense for either team. The Dodgers don't need relief help that badly, and the Brewers would be making themselves worse during the window of having Yelich (Lux is not helping anybody for a while yet)

I highly doubt they trade Hader but if they do it will be for MLB assets, probably starting pitching.

This is not true. He's due in the majors this season and looks to be an absolute immediate impact. Obviously that's speculation, but its the consensus.

This is not true. He's due in the majors this season and looks to be an absolute immediate impact. Obviously that's speculation, but its the consensus.

One out of five (maybe) elite prospects actually has an immediate impact at that age. Stearns would not be relying on Lux to be a major part of a contending team. Where does Lux even play? He's barely an upgrade over Urias if you want to dream on a prospect.

Yea it's not for sure he rakes right away. But plenty of guys at his level of prospects and his stats in the minors have stepped in and done quite well. We saw it first hand last year. Obviously not a guarantee at all but considering we have nothing at 3B and two questions at SS right now I think you would easily find a spot for him to play. Again, nothing is for sure but if you're gambling there's no way you wouldn't bet on him to outhit our two current SS options.

Also, it's bad for them to call this a rumor. This is speculation, that's it. I also think LAD says No to this deal. Don't need to go too deep on it as there's been multiple threads on Hader/Lux/Seger already.

Yea it's not for sure he rakes right away. But plenty of guys at his level of prospects and his stats in the minors have stepped in and done quite well. We saw it first hand last year. Obviously not a guarantee at all but considering we have nothing at 3B and two questions at SS right now I think you would easily find a spot for him to play. Again, nothing is for sure but if you're gambling there's no way you wouldn't bet on him to outhit our two current SS options.

Also, it's bad for them to call this a rumor. This is speculation, that's it. I also think LAD says No to this deal. Don't need to go too deep on it as there's been multiple threads on Hader/Lux/Seger already.

I'd love to have him, but you have to pretty confident that he's a lock for NL RoY to justify giving up Hader and blowing up our bullpen. What if Knebel struggles? It makes the team dramatically worse to trade Hader unless we're getting a proven return.

I'd love to have him, but you have to pretty confident that he's a lock for NL RoY to justify giving up Hader and blowing up our bullpen. What if Knebel struggles? It makes the team dramatically worse to trade Hader unless we're getting a proven return.

The big unknown is how the Crew views the relief options in the minors - Andrews, QTC, Rasmussen, Perdomo - and how close they are to the majors. If they think Rasmussen and/or Perdomo can replace Hader... they'd be more willing to make a deal.

Drew Rasmussen is being groomed as a starter.

And if Hader gets traded the Brewers won’t be counting on or even looking for a player from their minors to replace him.

Archived