Brewer Fanatic

Matt Adams

With the signing of Garcia, and having Braun see time at 1B, seems to me the logical move is to bring in a part time 1B with pop to share time at 1B with Braun. Yeah they could wait on Thames, but why not Matt Adams? Nats paid him $4 million including his option buyout last year. That seems like a number that fits easily into Brewer payroll situation and fair value for a guy like Adams.

Adams has been up and down but he's got big time power from the left side, something the Brewers lack outside of Yelich.

Seems logical. I'd say Thames then him would be the expected pecking order of 1B only types. Wouldn't surprise me though if they try for a lefty who can play both 1B/3B, options seem very limited though as I said in a different post. I mean, Shaw would've made perfect sense if he didn't fall apart. I'd assume they're also doing what they can on trades to try and address the positions for a couple years.

Archived